Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town and Wembley leaving the SSMFL

Savagebee - Well spotted and that's funny to see, hopefully it's accurate information as I don't want to mislead anyone, I don't know why Karen has stopped posting as we can get it from the horses mouth then rather than take educated guesses about what is currently going on.

Stingray - It's just one of the many phrases and expressions in the English language and no offence was intended, this one apparently first came to light in Reynolds Newspaper in June 1896 in relation to horse racing and was intended as a compliment to Karen due to her superior and inside knowledge of the SSML. How are you keeping by the way, you were actually mentioned in a post recently so it's nice to see you on here again:

Savagebee - The SSML Forum was still active up until around the middle of last season when Karen decided to throw, sorry, chuck in the towel with posting fixtures and results, I'm not sure why she stopped however there wasn't that much response to all her efforts which does take time. The season before though (2017/18), and earlier, the Forum was always active with good discussion and the likes of Rissy, Berko Fan, Rebadiah Hongfield,  Jets TV, CM_Grendon, PPotential, Opinions Opinions 433, Localwatcher, Nick.Ince, Dailydose, Stingray, Britman, Enfield Ernie, Monkey8, Uncle T, OD's, Catdog Rovers, BigDogCol, Nonleaguewizard, Intheknow123, SSML-fan, Thecoldend, Leighton Hatter, Redimp, Baldock_Town, The Leatherhead Lip, LordBrackley, Hertfan, Ex Spartan player and Wisezola all contributing, to name just a handful, where have all these former posters disappeared to. 

Yes, I know it's just an expression, but you can't go around making comments like that these days, when so many are quick to take the greatest offence at even the most seemingly innocuous comments.

Thanks for your concern, I'm bearing up under the circumstances. However, you won't have the pleasure of reading my words of wisdom on the "other" forum next season as I shall only be doing public resumes of the Southern League games I go to.

Yes, I know it's upsetting - here, have a spare Kleenex - but we all need to do what we think is right.

Perhaps we should have separate threads for Wembley and Edgware Town but here are some photos from 2012/13 when Wembley plied their trade in the Combined Counties League Premier Division, against Croydon at the Croydon Sports Arena on Saturday 6 April 2013, Wembley won 2-0 with the classy Issah Abubakar and Nick Orr getting the goals. Wembley left the Combined Counties League at the end of the following 2013/14 campaign to join the SSML where they finished a respectable seventh in 2014/15 when Kings Langley were Champions:

Croydon v Wembley 05/04/2013 (0-2)

Edited by Rhodes

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Perhaps we should have separate threads for Wembley and Edgware Town but here are some photos from 2012/13 when Wembley plied their trade in the Combined Counties League Premier Division, against Croydon at the Croydon Sports Arena on Saturday 6 April 2013, Wembley won 2-0 with the classy Issah Abubakar and Nick Orr getting the goals. Wembley left the Combined Counties League at the end of the following 2013/14 campaign to join the SSML where they finished a respectable seventh in 2014/15 when Kings Langley were Champions:

Ian Basher Bates in full control of the midfield I'm sure ?

They don't make em like Basher anymore ?

Croydon v Wembley 06042013 080

• 3 weeks later...

Over 350 photographs from a 2016/17 SSML Premier Division fixture between Wembley and Biggleswade United, at Vale Farm on Saturday 29 April 2017, resulting in a 0-0 stalemate in what was the final league game for both Club's. Wembley finished the campaign in fourth place albeit 22 points behind Champions London Colney who they had beaten 3-2 at Cotlandswick only the week before in a thrilling encounter, totally ruining London Colney's Championship party:

Wembley v Biggleswade United (0-0) 29/04/2017

Edited by Rhodes