Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Play off final outcome - and now for a rest

Jago

And so it came to pass that The Chins cruised home against Dulwich (never in doubt - well done chaps - bring on Notts County etc etc).  And in in the Play Off final Sir Colin cruised home over fellow newbie MikeMike.  (Final score 7-4 if anyone cares).     Nb - Mike has now twice backed a Chins' defeat - and each time has had his come-uppance.  Just saying Mike.

So - well done Colin - welcome to the Big Boys' League - and Hard Lines to MikeMike who, notwithstanding his Urchin treachery,  fought hard but was up against the guy who fixes the crowd numbers.  (And seemingly failed - maybe Sir Colin is not all-powerful after all!).  By the way your knighthood is reinstated after serving your 2 month ban for ungentlemanly conduct.

-   -   -    -    -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -  -   -   -

We will now have a well-deserved winter break to allow the grass to recover and for you to reassess the strengths and weaknesses of your squads.

Mr D has the trophy for a few months following an emotional ceremony in the bar yesterday (thankyou Colin for one of your trademark presentations)  The hard thing is to retain it at the end of the Spring season - a feat only ever achieved by the Great One.   (Ozz). 

Finally - Merry Christmas one and all and we will start up again in January   There is still one space remaining for a bargain fiver.  Otherwise the Dummy Team will be strutting their ineptitude again (much to the relief of Dinamo) - just let me know if you want it, either on here or via jago99@outlook.com

Final tables reprinted below :

image.png.d12f9e4489006f7ae78684f25b838be5.png

At least I had the good sense to put my real money behind the Urchins.
A decent result really as my aspirations were to finish ahead of the dummy team by one point.

Staying in the second division suits me as I couldn't bear all the travelling to away games in the higher echelons

6 hours ago, CMcBride said:

Thanks for organising John you are so lucky to live so far from the club I would use your skills so much  once again well done 

Thanks Colin.  You are too kind.  But it's the only opportunity I get to insult people without risking life & limb.

5 hours ago, MikeMike said:

Staying in the second division suits me as I couldn't bear all the travelling to away games in the higher echelons

True dat.  You'd think Mr Hat of Uist and Lord Upminster of Spalding would subsidise the travel north (see Guernsey FC), but no - they claim poverty and something to do with the expenses of supporting the  "prediction league outreach programme". Whatever that is. 

4 hours ago, The Hatted Urchin said:

A well organised shambles as usual. The rebrand paid off for me so if I start badly I might change name again

Stuff that....  WHERE'S MY THE MONEY?  

PS - I'll let you off - stick a tenner on the MND fund for me.  You coming to a game soon?

Archived