Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worthing 3 ETFC 2

The Crowing Cockerel

Another game, another slow start and another defeat.

Whether its the defence or keeper, we are completely porous at the back. You can almost guarantee that we will concede at least 2 every game. How on earth are we supposed to win from that position. The manager is completely wasting the wonderful attacking options at his disposal.

I said over the summer that AL should be gone by Christmas. I stand by that.

I cannot see what you expect happening CC. I've said my piece on this before but we seem to be out of step with the establishments view. Where have I heard that before?

The next two games are crucial. If we go down in these and nothing happens to AL we will know where the clubs ambitions lie.

As for WR's question regarding the new central defender I would refer him to my earlier post, in the preceding topic, addressed to Barney.  Perhaps he should ask AL when we can expect to see him play. I look forward to hearing his answer. 

Regarding his WF's comments on our " bad run " when does one start to get worried? It is obvious that it has been noted by opposing managers that we are very vulnerable at the start. You would expect AL and his management team to have come up with a method to counter this. There is nothing to say you can't start a game with one formation and then change to another later when the opposition initial threat has be nullified and frustrated. That is if you are flexible in your planning!! 

That is the how that Chichester played their way through the provisional rounds of the FA  Cup to reap the benefit of the rewards of 1st and 2nd rounds of the FA cup. Stay solid at the back,even if it means defending in strength and then counter attack .They obviously regarded a 1-0 win  better than a 2-3 defeat.

The dreaded curse of the manager of the month award! Sounds like we played some good stuff and were a little unlucky not to get something from the game, but as others have said, we just can't keep giving sides a head start and then having to try to play catch up...

Agree with 4WF, the next two local derbies really are games that we have to get something out of if we're serious about making the play offs - I'd say 4 points at a minimum. Having a Saturday off might be a blessing, as it could give us a chance to regroup, reassess tactics and rest some tired legs.

21 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

but we are only 3 points off the playoffs even after this bad run

3 weeks or so ago believe it or not the games we had in hand would have put us top and clear by 3 points that is if  we had won the games in hand

1 hour ago, Richard Katemon said:

Anyone actually at this game would know we were involved in a terrific battle with another very good side. 

Game could've gone either way and we had some great chances to add goals.

Archived