Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town at Uxbridge in Charity Cup

Father Jack

We are 5-1 down at half time, Kyle Lynch with our goal. Team is Reynolds, Madimba, Williams,  Swain, McIntosh,  John, Gittleson,  Livings, Ibe, Lynch, Charles. Subs Hussein, Debourg, Haider,  Lyons, Bawling 

17 minutes ago, Father Jack said:

Hope you're sitting down - final score was 10-1. Can't think of anything positive to say about this one 

A little perspective might be in order: no easy games in the Middlesex Charity Cup (er, unless they're against us, that is). 

And anyway, now we can, um, 'concentrate on the league'. 

I guess the positive is we did not lose anyone to injury. For me, it made sense to use this as a trial match but disappointed at the scoreline for sure. I was there when the old Enfield beat Ilford away in an Isthmian league fixture 10-0 in the70's , the difference being that Ilford fielded their first team. Brownie points for anyone who can name any of the goalscorers that day.

11 minutes ago, 55 seasons said:

I guess the positive is we did not lose anyone to injury. For me, it made sense to use this as a trial match but disappointed at the scoreline for sure. I was there when the old Enfield beat Ilford away in an Isthmian league fixture 10-0 in the70's , the difference being that Ilford fielded their first team. Brownie points for anyone who can name any of the goalscorers that day.

I would guess goals shared between John Connell and Laurie Churchill with the odd one or two by Royston Thomas and Terry? Howard and Roger Day.

50 minutes ago, 55 seasons said:

Your memory's playing games with you, that was in the 1965/66 season lol.

Courtesy of a great website put up by BetVictor http://www.isthmianarchive.co.uk/

51 minutes ago, Wildlife rescue said:

No the game was taken by the under 21s manager.

Total disrespect to the competition and in front of a few middlesex officials that's our worse ever first team result in our history.

Still we go again at potters Bar.

Totally agree. Total disrespect. It was a good competition to win when ETFC won it. Forget the fact that an under 23 side was put out, they were representing the club in a senior Middlesex competition. 

I really am not sure what the issue is about us playing a weakened team today. We have entered 5 cup competitions this season. This is the only one we don’t appeared to of taken that seriously in terms of squad selection, but so what? Most if not all premiership teams play a weakened team in the league cup and excluding the big 5, that and the fa cup is the only cups they are involved in! 
We should be concerned about how poor the youth team are, not that they played 

Try telling that to the middlesex official's.

Total disrespect to the completion and a kick in the bollocks who gave up there time to travel around the m25 to watch that.

Also having to pay full price to watch a team of under 23s that would cost you 3 quid to watch at the QE2. 

Left a very sour taste I'm affraid I notice no board members were amongst the twelve travelling fans either,sums it all up really.

5 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

Try telling that to the middlesex official's.

Total disrespect to the completion and a kick in the bollocks who gave up there time to travel around the m25 to watch that.

Also having to pay full price to watch a team of under 23s that would cost you 3 quid to watch at the QE2. 

Left a very sour taste I'm affraid I notice no board members were amongst the twelve travelling fans either,sums it all up really.

We were informed in advance it wouldn’t be the first team and prices are set by the opposition but I agree it shouldn’t be full priced. We charge half for this cup I think. 

whether we are disrespecting it or not I don’t know, but if we are then every side in the football league are guilty of the same offence when they play weakened teams in the league cup or ldv vans etc. They all do it at some point

2 hours ago, andyetfc said:

We aren't discussing any other team at the moment. We are discussing ETFC, our fans owned club.

The point is if we think it is acceptable that other teams rest players in some competitions then why don’t we apply the same standard to us?

this is a charity cup fixture, sandwiched between 2 huge league fixtures in a week. If we played our first team it would of been 3 fixtures in a week. They are not superhuman. Let’s say we played mo and billy up front and one of them pulled a hamstring and was ruled out for a month, we would be berating the manager for risking our star players in a minor cup match which pays no money to the club 

Edited by ETFC17