Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo's name on BBC list for a move to a Premier Team this January!!

4wembleyfinals

I see Mo's name is mentioned on BBC 's Football internet to night to be on a number of Prem Division clubs signing list  for January.

Good luck to you MO I sincerely hope something comes of it for your sake. But as said before it's a pity that no one has had the wit to take a chance and signed him up on a contract. There is no need for those who have given their views before to comment as their reasons for sitting on your hands have been given many times already. 

However, the fact that we are a members club, does not excuse you from making business decisions. Especially when you have a valued asset which needs protecting. First rule of commerce, if you are not willing to invest you will never reap the rewards. You just stagnate and go under.

If the BBC's observations are anywhere near true then we could have seen a bidding market in which we could have seen some profit.

But what do I know with only 50 years in the city!!!!  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

MUHAMMADU FAAL (22, striker, Enfield Town)

Linked with: Norwich, Watford, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Sheffield United

The new Jamie Vardy? Here's one from non-league...

Striker Faal has struck 24 times for seventh-tier Enfield Town, attracting the attention of Premier League clubs.

If he does get a move, Faal might find himself playing against Liverpool defender Joe Gomez - his second cousin.

It has been an absolute pleasure watching Mo this season. He looks likely to score every time he gets the ball - and works tirelessly in defence. If only he'd been available against Chichester in the FA Cup...

11 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I see Mo's name is mentioned on BBC 's Football internet to night to be on a number of Prem Division clubs signing list  for January.

Good luck to you MO I sincerely hope something comes of it for your sake. But as said before it's a pity that no one has had the wit to take a chance and signed him up on a contract. There is no need for those who have given their views before to comment as their reasons for sitting on your hands have been given many times already. 

However, the fact that we are a members club, does not excuse you from making business decisions. Especially when you have a valued asset which needs protecting. First rule of commerce, if you are not willing to invest you will never reap the rewards. You just stagnate and go under.

If the BBC's observations are anywhere near true then we could have seen a bidding market in which we could have seen some profit.

But what do I know with only 50 years in the city!!!!  

Mo was advised by his agent not to sign a contract at our club.

No matter how hard the directors tried if he wont sign he wont sign simples.

Maybe you can suggest what you would have done in that situation.

Perhaps the contracts offered were not acceptable. But in answer to your question perhaps a better financial offer with the inclusion of an unconditional get our clause could have been offered. " Simple"....

55S, your observation is made as things are now not when he first joined.  After all when he first joined had his potential already been recognised by the top clubs. 

You might find this cynical of me but the time to have made offers was when he was injured. It is in these circumstances that deals are made. Companies are usually taken over when they start to move down.

By the way when did the agent come on the scene before or after that event. I bet he was not around during this period.

But then does it matter now. What's done is done. QED .

Happy New year to you all. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I'd expect Mo to play tomorrow - the interest has been there for some time now and he's still pulled on the shirt when able.

I'd like to think that players would seriously consider signing a contract. Its a way of giving something back to the club. In this case ETFC have given Mo a platform on which to perform and gain attention. Surely a modest buy-out clause isn't going to put off any of the interested clubs? What's £10k or £20k to the likes of Watford etc?

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

I'd expect Mo to play tomorrow - the interest has been there for some time now and he's still pulled on the shirt when able.

I'd like to think that players would seriously consider signing a contract. Its a way of giving something back to the club. In this case ETFC have given Mo a platform on which to perform and gain attention. Surely a modest buy-out clause isn't going to put off any of the interested clubs? What's £10k or £20k to the likes of Watford etc?

The club can not afford contracts look how much the contracts that are there now cost. A large sum paid out each and every week even if injured or suspended or anything else! A situation like this is very rare and to use contracts just in case will kill the club in less than a season

17 minutes ago, exiled down south said:

The club can not afford contracts look how much the contracts that are there now cost. A large sum paid out each and every week even if injured or suspended or anything else! A situation like this is very rare and to use contracts just in case will kill the club in less than a season

Someone seems to have decided that Weatherstone and Bricknell were worth contracts! Presumably it was thought that there might be attempts by other clubs to sign them. With the benefit of hindsight, perhaps the club should've added Mo to that list in the summer - he must be the first name on the teamsheet at the moment!

At the risk of rehashing the whole contracts debate, we had a lot of discussion about the same subject from page 3 onwards of this thread:

As others have said up-thread, ultimately if it's not in the interests of both parties for a contract to be signed, then it's not going to happen. In this case, it's not in Mo's career progression interests to sign, so he isn't going to.

Interesting views all round. As usual CC makes an extremely valid point and Barney is absolutely right no one can be forced to sign if he believes it is not in his interest. It is up to the negotiator to prove it is would be in every bodies best interests. A little persuasion and inducement can tip the scales. But the club have also to have the conviction that they are getting something of value. In this connection the old adage of nothing ventured nothing gained still applies.  I have come to the conclusion that the majority sway towards the status quo ie. retain what we have got. So be it. I hope this attitude does not come back to bite us.

If E's suggestion is right then why do other Supporter owned clubs, similar to ours, enter into contracts with their players? I think they would say it's because we choose to do so. 

It is interesting to see those who have called me negative in the past are now being the same. No doubt they will say they are being realistic but then so was I at the time. It's a strange old world!!!!

However, all of the is sheer conjecture and I only hope Mo will stick with us until he has got better options. 

Another win tomorrow would be  a good start for the New Year.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

If E's suggestion is right then why do other Supporter owned clubs, similar to ours, enter into contracts with their players? I think they would say it's because we choose to do so. 

Maybe they have more members , more money. After all how far do you think the membership fees go? I hazard a guess it’s less than 4 weeks wages. The club doesn’t have the means to offer contracts to lots of players (£600 + to one player screws the budget for everyone else)