Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carshalton Ath. v Enfield Town

seemgee

I was at the game and it is clear that the officials had a major affect on the match. I dislike going to Carshalton as I rarely see a good game there. For the offside decision I was not in a position to judge and gave the ref the benefit of the doubt. For the first yellow, many refs would not have given it but I could not complain, it was a clumsy tackle and, as is usual, Billy was winding the ref up throughout before that event.

I do not agree with Wildlife. Billy may not be a diver but when he thinks he is fouled he makes the most of it. On this occasion I do not believe that he dived but he did look for the free kick and, in my view, he was fouled and I think I was nearer than the ref. I have tried looking for the vid but it is not available. I thought that the ref gave Carshalton everything that they asked for but it was not until a good 15 minutes into the first half that we got our first free kick despite some crunching tackles from Carshalton. I note that as a team we do not fall over but our opponents seem to play and fall over quite regularly. And what is this when the ball hits the ref that the team that had possesion immediatly get a free kick, just what is going on in football. I recommend that whenever we get the ball anywhere near the penalty area aim at the ref!

I recall a situation early in the game when a Carshalton player writhed on the floor as though poleaxed. He got the free kick and then got up immediately.

As for the result if the goal had been given and Billy had not been sent off none of us know what would have happened. As it is it seemed as though the heart went out of the team after the sending off and Carshalton did not seem to want to press their player advantage after they were 2-0 up just playing it around the back knowing that we could not afford to challenge in that position being a man down.

We are in a difficult situation and I do not know whether we can get out of the current doldrums. The 3 points against Potters Bar were fortunate we were second best against Carshalton for most of the game. Ou form till Potters Bar is in and out and we will struggle to make the play offs.

Hmmm... not sure we're in any sort of doldrums Steph; we won our previous two games,  and were unlucky yesterday. It's been a long time since one piece of idiotic refereeing has cost us so badly. After 70 minutes I honestly didn't think we could lose - it wasn't pretty,  and our team selection was cagey to the point of timidity, but we had created all the decent chances, in fact Carshalton hadn't had a shot on target. 

Then Mr Smith decided that he wanted to be the star of the show...   ?

10 minutes ago, Father Jack said:

Hmmm... not sure we're in any sort of doldrums Steph; we won our previous two games,  and were unlucky yesterday. It's been a long time since one piece of idiotic refereeing has cost us so badly. After 70 minutes I honestly didn't think we could lose - it wasn't pretty,  and our team selection was cagey to the point of timidity, but we had created all the decent chances, in fact Carshalton hadn't had a shot on target. 

Then Mr Smith decided that he wanted to be the star of the show...   ?

Didn’t think we could lose... we created all the decent chances... jeez FJ what planet are you on... for 45 minutes they overpowered us and out played us... take those rose tinted glasses off and watch what’s really happening... now I realise why I stopped posting on here  and why our club will never ever get promotion... too many people that matter and make the decisions can’t wake up and see reality...

41 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

jeez FJ what planet are you on...

One with a better view than yours, clearly

for 45 minutes they overpowered us and out played us...

No they didn't

take those rose tinted glasses off and watch what’s really happening... 

They didn't have a shot on target before the red card - not a rose tinted opinion, but a fact

Edited by Father Jack

Welcome back, Theo. Have missed your forthright approach. 

As for RK, why is there always one who tries to score points at someone else's expense? So next time please get your facts right before misinterpreting what others have said. 

For example  where did I say  " I expect the club to announce etc.......".   Like so many people you read what you like to think is written, not that which is actually written.  Where you are so wrong is that I have long since given up on any announcements until well after the event, hence my reference to the recent rumour and the hope that they have some validity. 

But, then you are not alone. Most of my living was earned by challenging people who had made the wrong assumptions and then put them into the public domain.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

8 hours ago, Steph1 said:

I was at the game and it is clear that the officials had a major affect on the match. I dislike going to Carshalton as I rarely see a good game there. For the offside decision I was not in a position to judge and gave the ref the benefit of the doubt. For the first yellow, many refs would not have given it but I could not complain, it was a clumsy tackle and, as is usual, Billy was winding the ref up throughout before that event.

I do not agree with Wildlife. Billy may not be a diver but when he thinks he is fouled he makes the most of it. On this occasion I do not believe that he dived but he did look for the free kick and, in my view, he was fouled and I think I was nearer than the ref. I have tried looking for the vid but it is not available. I thought that the ref gave Carshalton everything that they asked for but it was not until a good 15 minutes into the first half that we got our first free kick despite some crunching tackles from Carshalton. I note that as a team we do not fall over but our opponents seem to play and fall over quite regularly. And what is this when the ball hits the ref that the team that had possesion immediatly get a free kick, just what is going on in football. I recommend that whenever we get the ball anywhere near the penalty area aim at the ref!

I recall a situation early in the game when a Carshalton player writhed on the floor as though poleaxed. He got the free kick and then got up immediately.

As for the result if the goal had been given and Billy had not been sent off none of us know what would have happened. As it is it seemed as though the heart went out of the team after the sending off and Carshalton did not seem to want to press their player advantage after they were 2-0 up just playing it around the back knowing that we could not afford to challenge in that position being a man down.

We are in a difficult situation and I do not know whether we can get out of the current doldrums. The 3 points against Potters Bar were fortunate we were second best against Carshalton for most of the game. Ou form till Potters Bar is in and out and we will struggle to make the play offs.

I've now seen the footage from the game:

(1) Mubaiyi was offside for the disallowed goal;

(2) Billy was clearly fouled and whilst he went down easily it was not simulation.

7 minutes ago, andyetfc said:

I have a feeling they may be a bit too old now.

Just remember, 'you can't win anything with kids!'

I would join you Andy but I don't think leather studs with nails going through them are allowed any more. But at least the big toecaps used to save your foot if it was stamped on. Which, from watching recent TV games, seems to be the acceptable normal way to tackle these days. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

18 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

Why 

Only announce once the player has signed surely 

Yep let others know who is available so that they can put in a higher offer and beat us to the signing seems like an idea worth perusing at it gets trotted out every time.

On 04/01/2020 at 16:53, old towner said:

2-0 lose now a slippery slide down the league  hope we don't go down this year

Hey chin up there ..You have your Cup final to look forward to on Saturday week ????  ???