Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Brightingsea Regent

seemgee

Full credit to the 344 crazy dudes who stood in the biting wind to watch two poor sides serve up ninety minutes of dross ( although I’m sure others will have seen it differently )...highlighted only by a lovely free kick by Della-Verdi.... that is now 22 goals conceded in our last eight league games with two or more in 7 out of the last 8.....yes i know we were missing Billy but he isn’t going to stop the goals going in...can’t lay the blame totally on the manager as he can’t make a player pass the ball two yards in the right direction... let’s hope for new faces quickly otherwise we won’t be getting 344 for the next game....

Awful game played in difficult conditions make no mistake Brightlingsea are a poor team but we made them look better than they actually are i would be surprised if they managed to avoid the drop not sure how they managed to draw with Folkestone last week, our strikers really didn’t show today but then again they wasn’t  given much service the only bright spot was Delle-Verde who looks a useful addition the defence is still problematic Weatherstone has no pace and Muleba is better played at Full back In my opinion I really hope I’m wrong but i can just see our season finishing with a whimper 

3 minutes ago, old towner said:

wtf could do with a new set up soon looks like the lease is up for andy !!!!!

I wish you were right OT but as previous discussions indicate others see the games differently to us... I fear the manager and coaching staff have their full backing... We have had some good moments to celebrate but standing there today in that wind watching that crap does make you wonder if an afternoons shopping in Primark is not a more enjoyable option...

Went out for the day so was not there but it seems from  the majority of post, if not all, I picked the right day!!!

Theo, seems to have taken up the baton from me. No doubt again we will be told to raise our concerns at the AGM or discuss them with the manager. 

The time for talking is nearing it's end. The frustrations of those who were there yesterday says it all.  Instead of suggesting the general membership raise their concerns of the playing management it is now about time that the Board started asking questioning them.

To be honest 4WF I have shared the baton with you for two seasons.... under the present set up we have absolutely no chance of getting promotion now or in the future... forget about the budget a lot of  it’s all about organisation which we have not got.... we have always been higher than our football deserves mainly because of one player... no team can concede two or three goals nearly every game and hope to achieve promotion.... it’s now time to be ruthless but I’m not sure the powers that be have that ruthless streak in them... 

Exactly it Theo. It is what I have been trying to get over for sometime although not seemingly as clearly as you are now.

As you said earlier others see things differently to us. But it does not make us wrong. The problem which has to be solved is more about having the ability to organise what you have got rather than spending to or above the limit available. 

Exile, dear, dear what a emotional observation. I am sorry I am unable to oblige you but even I know I am too old. But I do like to think that I did my little bit back in the 60's and in my way help EFC to became what it was in the 80's and that gives me a little right to raise my concerns.

But then perhaps you feel I have no right to give such opinion especially as they obviously conflict with yours.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Exile, dear, dear what a emotional observation. I am sorry I am unable to oblige you but even I know I am too old. But I do like to think that I did my little bit back in the 60's and in my way help EFC to became what it was in the 80's and that gives me a little right to raise my concerns.

But then perhaps you feel I have no right to give such opinion especially as they obviously conflict with yours.

There was no club in 60s forget that club it’s dead and gone this is etfc why harp on about a dead club

Because like me including the President, his family and many older members of this club their heritage came out of the old club for which we will have never ending pride. Also I hope that what ever their differences they may have with my opinions they will join me in considering that your latest post is the most contemptuous one to have appeared on this forum. I have nothing more to say to you.

I didnt sign up for the membership renewal this year because personally I think the Leese situation was an absolute farce and it made a mockery of being a fan owned club where your voice is  supposed to be heard. It was quiet clear that the majority of members thought he should of been sacked last year but we were not given any say in the matter. The board she carried on with him because he is the cheap safe option. The signs of a club that lacks ambition.

Well we cant say we didnt tell you so. They didn't listen and 12 months on we are in the exact same situation as last year. No progress has been made at all. In fact I think we have gone backwards from this point 12 months ago. We are worse now than we were this time last season.

Last years AGM was a farce with a large amount of members staying at home to watch Chelsea vs Spurs in the poxy league cup, it showed people had really lost interest. I wonder how many will make the effort this year.