Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3 year Plan

20 minutes ago, Wildlife rescue said:

The board have released funds fo Andy to assemble one of the most talented squads to date so where does the problem lie?

I keep seeing reference to the playing budget. 

My question would be does anyone know for certain what Andy's budget is? . People seem to assume just because we have a decent team it has increased, just maybe its because of how Andy is able to manage it. 

I know for a fact at the start of the season the club faced a shortfall in funding caused by several factors that many at the club have been working hard to rectify. And this shortfall was reflected in Andy's budget for this year. 

With the AGM coming up we will be able to find out for certain. 

COYT

Not sure why some people seem to think this is some sort of secret society - the club has always been very open and honest with its finances. Profit and Loss Accounts, covering income and expenditure, are presented annually at members' meetings and are published on the club's website.

The most up to date figures presented for ETFC Ltd are those to 30/6/18 (so I would expect those to 30/6/19 will be provided shortly). The figures to 30/6/18 showed a rise in Playing Staff Expenses from £105,181 in the year to 30/6/17 to £125,590. It will be interesting to see how this changed in the following year.

Bear in mind though that the club's costs are far greater than just playing staff expenses - figures for Football Related Costs for instance to 30/6/18 were £203,354. If members want more players to be placed on contracts this would inevitably cost more (and would need players to sign - neither Mo nor Josh would) and so these funds would need to be provided from somewhere. I suspect that our members are largely paying as much as they would want to at the moment (many very generously). These are legitimate discussions for an AGM but I suspect there are no easy answers.

If/when we finish the season in mid-table, presumably Andy Leese will fall on his sword?

I would much rather the board acted as soon as it became clear that the play-offs were unachievable - sacked the manager and allowed some time to make the right appointment/assemble a squad over the entire summer. No pressure, but we need a Brad Quinton/Danny Cowley-type manager who has what it takes to deliver success on this budget.

7 minutes ago, AnfieldTowner said:

Not sure why some people seem to think this is some sort of secret society - the club has always been very open and honest with its finances. Profit and Loss Accounts, covering income and expenditure, are presented annually at members' meetings and are published on the club's website.

The most up to date figures presented for ETFC Ltd are those to 30/6/18 (so I would expect those to 30/6/19 will be provided shortly). The figures to 30/6/18 showed a rise in Playing Staff Expenses from £105,181 in the year to 30/6/17 to £125,590. It will be interesting to see how this changed in the following year.

Bear in mind though that the club's costs are far greater than just playing staff expenses - figures for Football Related Costs for instance to 30/6/18 were £203,354. If members want more players to be placed on contracts this would inevitably cost more (and would need players to sign - neither Mo nor Josh would) and so these funds would need to be provided from somewhere. I suspect that our members are largely paying as much as they would want to at the moment (many very generously). These are legitimate discussions for an AGM but I suspect there are no easy answers.

So assuming playing staff expenses are incurred for 10mths of the year(?) that works out at about £12,500/mth(?).

4 hours ago, 72wemblyfinal said:

My question would be does anyone know for certain what Andy's budget is?

th?id=OIP.J-Spz-UjujfiMp1ZR6fCZgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=275&h=155a blue bird and a mirror and bell

he keeps running up the line dinging his bell when we concede a goal !!!!!!!

46 minutes ago, old towner said:

th?id=OIP.J-Spz-UjujfiMp1ZR6fCZgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=275&h=155a blue bird and a mirror and bell

he keeps running up the line dinging his bell when we concede a goal !!!!!!!

PRICELESS !!

8 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

I have to question Andy's 3 year plan.

Imo its 3 one year plans,are we any further forward than 3 years ago? 

Each season we seen to bomb around christmas and end up middle table ish.

The board have released funds fo Andy to assemble one of the most talented squads to date so where does the problem lie?

Have they really????? Can you prove this as I believe that’s it’s quite the opposite there needs to be a end to this nonsense that there is this miracle big pot of cash! Where has it come from??? 

7 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Will be interesting to see whether W72 assertions that the finances will be made clear at the AGM. If not,  I do hope he will take his own advice and press for the information to be made available.

I do not need to ask for this information about the playing budget I asked the pertinent person at the club at the start of the season and was given the answer as it was then.The up to date balance sheet will be available at the AGM as usual, for all to see, and on the club website for those not present.

I find the elected club officials very approachable. As a Co owner if I want some information I ask and usually get an answer. 

Can’t understand why the board members consider criticism of the manager and coaching as a criticism of them... I think ALL the supporters are thankful of all the work that goes into the club.... let’s please forget the budget it’s all about (as was mentioned earlier ) of making the best of what you have got and our manager and his team quite frankly does not set the team out to defend and attack as a unit... so please board members don’t take this as a criticism of yourselves as it most certainly isn’t but surely we all want the best chance of success on the field and under the present set up we will never ever get promoted....

Any discussion on finance is inextricably linked to the supporter’s owned model that we were the first in the country to adopt, back when ETFC was formed.

I recall reading somewhere (don’t recall where) that the board is confident that we can maintain the existing model should we achieve promotion to Conference South, but would need to revisit were we ever in a position to grow further. So the question we must ask ourselves, as club owners, is how much more can we all afford to stump up?

In my opinion the current model works, and if that means Conference South is the most realistic target using the current model, so be it.

Our club is so much more than just the first team. Were independent finance offered in future e.g. local businessman made good with cash to burn offers significant investment in exchange for majority control (I.e. change the supporter’s owned model), the various community projects of which we can be very proud would inevitably suffer (as funds would be channelled to the first team and little else). That doesn’t work for me.

A look from our bar across the playing fields to what used to be, and the mere thought of the name “Lazarou” (and there are still so many Lazarou’s out there) should always be taken into account, should we ever hold a vote on changing the model. On the flip side, sometimes change is good. Look at Wycombe Wanderers. They got to League 1 using the supporter’s owned model and have only recently voted to change (admittedly, unlike us, they didn’t start from scratch).

I agree with Anfield Towner’s post higher up the thread. There are no easy answers. Unless one of us wins Euromillions ?