Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday/Wednesday 14/15 January - Results/Reports

Great scenes in the away end last night at the Jezzards Beveree Stadium:

Tuesday 14 January

Premier Division

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos P Eynesbury Rovers

Crawley Green 2 Wembley 2

Edgware Town 0 Colney Heath 3

Leighton Town P Tring Athletic

London Colney P Leverstock Green

Potton United 4 Harefield United 0

Division One

Milton Keynes Robins P Winslow United

St Panteleimon 4 Buckingham Athletic 0

Middlesex FA Senior Challenge Cup Quarter Final

Hampton & Richmond Borough 1 Broadfields United 2

https://www.thebeveree.co.uk/threads/middlesex-senior-cup.20691/

Hinchingbrooke Cup Quarter Final

Stotfold P Peterborough Northern Star

9 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

It was played at Haringey Borough

I wonder whether a certain Official had something to do with that little arrangement, he has connections at both Haringey Borough and St Panteleimon, at least the game got played

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 14 January

Premier Division

Stingray from another Forum was at this one last night:

South Midlands Premier
CRAWLEY GREEN 2-2 WEMBLEY
Admission £6.00 Prog sold out on gate, but managed to snaffle an insert from the bunker while getting my second-half cuppa
Tea, Coffee £1.00 each
Attendance 43 (all under cover, natch.)

Maybe it's just me but every time I pencil in a Crawley Green game, the weather decides to turn nasty even though the game is almost always guaranteed to happen. In addition, there was no parking for us humble plebs so we got nice and wet walking back to the ground.

Anyway, first blood to Wembley after only four minutes when the home keeper gathered the ball (or so he thought) only for it to slip out of his hands into the path of a Wembley player who seized his chance with alacrity. Midway through the first half, Crawley Green did equalise, only for Wembley to retake the lead while I was in the Bunker getting my tea. No worries - a direct free kick on the edge of the area was parried and eventually bundled in to ensure that honours were even.

Further to my previous post on here which appears to have ignited a debate on the General section, I should point out that tonight's equivalents (who were independent of each other) were accompanied by adults, sat in the stand, were no trouble at all and appeared to pay attention. Which is how it should be as they might learn something if they ever aspire to play for either of tonight's teams.

Finally, whatever opinions one may have on artificial/plastic/3G/4G/5G pitches, they don't half save a fortune on laundry bills.

As fully expected, Berkhamsted Raiders v MK Gallacticos is off this evening:

Wednesday 15 January (kick off 7.45pm unless stated)

Premier Division

Baldock Town P Harpenden Town

Division One

Brimsdown v FC Broxbourne Borough (kick off 8.00pm)

Langford v Hillingdon Borough

London Lions P Bedford 

Park View v Shefford Town & Campton

Division Two

Berkhamsted Raiders P MK Gallacticos

This could be an interesting encounter this evening:

EOPQgrBXUAA82D3.jpg

Brimsdown stopped the rot on Saturday with their 1-1 draw against Hillingdon Borough however I'm not sure they can get anything out of this evening's game with FC Broxbourne Borough:

EOVchouWAAE05c3.jpg

Not especially - two sides struggling near the bottom and only one goal which didn't come until well into the second half. Credit to the referee though - earning a little extra pocket money in the middle of studying for his GCSEs :)

EDIT - this is in response to you-know-who :D

Edited by stingray
Ambiguity of response

Last night's three results in Division One:

Wednesday 15 January 

Premier Division

Baldock Town P Harpenden Town

Division One

Brimsdown 3 FC Broxbourne Borough 3

Langford 1 Hillingdon Borough 0

London Lions P Bedford 

Park View 2 Shefford Town & Campton 3

Division Two

Berkhamsted Raiders P MK Gallacticos

24 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Wednesday 15 January 

Division One

Langford 1 Hillingdon Borough 0

Forde Park attracted Stingray and two anoraks from another Forum last night, not a bad attendance (59) for an uninspiring looking game on paper on a miserable night with Manchester United v Wolves and Love Island on tv:

1. South Midlands Division 1
LANGFORD 1-0 HILLINGDON BOROUGH
Admission £6.00 2x Tea £2.00 Hot food available, but I did not partake
Attendance h/c 59 including plenty of those groundhopper type thingies, but not including Pebbles and her owners

Two sides near the bottom separated by only one place were never going to stir up a classic and so it proved. The huddled masses (I say masses as there were only 59, but the car park was more full than I'd ever seen it before - surely players can share lifts?) had little to cheer as both teams showed why they occupy the positions they do. L10 saw a diving header go just the wrong side of the post after only four minutes and that was as good as it got. The only goal came well into the second half while I was in the clubhouse having the second of the baguettes I'd brought from home as Langford did stop doing hot food for a long while, although they seem to have started again - at least burgers were available tonight.
I assume the groundhopper type thingies were groundhoppers - they had plastic bags, were of a certain age, read the programme diligently and were sporting merchandise that most certainly did not come from either side on the pitch. Also my gamble of coming here midweek paid off - no Pebbles or her owners and their kids running around.

2. Also at Langford- a groundhopper but maybe slightly younger than the ones described by Stingray - I had no plastic bag but did have a Bologna bobble hat and did read the programme - I also had a burger and very good it was - friendly club
Football wise, neither team could put a good series of passes together, Hillingdon had most of the play but no killer punch, Langford were far sharper up front and the highlight was a cracking save by the Hilllidon keeper from a close range header in the first half.

3. another at this one. No plastic bag but did have a bobble hat on too!
It was a choice between Baldock Town or Langford last night and that decision was taken out of my hands! Far from a classic. Better finishing could have seen a very different scoreline. Langford at home again next Wednesday at home to Stotfold, will remember my plastic bag next week.

On 15/01/2020 at 10:43, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 14 January

Premier Division

Potton United 4 Harefield United 0

Match reports from Crawley Green and Potton United on Tuesday evening:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/crawleygreenfc/news/crawley-draw-11-with-wembley-2503149.html

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/pottonunitedfc/teams/188957/match-centre/1-4850571/report

Hampton & Richmond Borough 1 Broadfields United 2

What a great result for Broadfields United FC :wow:

Edited by Savagebee

On 15/01/2020 at 06:12, Karen Browne said:

It was played at Haringey Borough

Good thinking by St P :thumbsup(2):

Tuesday 14 January

Premier Division

The ever reliable Phil Draycott and Sam Holmes with the Crawley Green goals.

Tuesday 14 January

Division One

St Panteleimon 4 Buckingham Athletic 0

The colourful match programme:

http://stpanteleimonfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/St-Panteleimon-FC-Match-Programme-14.1.20.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2020 at 10:48, Rhodes said:

Wednesday 15 January 

Division One

Brimsdown 3 FC Broxbourne Borough 3

The Cold End was at this one on 15 January and saw a great game:

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2020/01/six-goals-debatable-red-cards-eventful.html