Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

Eynesbury Rovers

Mark Ducket has walked away from Eynesbury Rovers after four years at the helm and has joined Bedford Town where he previously played and is still a very popular figure at The Eyrie. I wonder what we can read into Mark's sudden departure from the Alfred Hall Memorial Ground and whether it possibly had something to do with the FA Vase exit to Leighton Town on Saturday where his side were leading 3-1 with fifteen minutes of the fourth round tie remaining. Apparently the appointment was announced on social media by Bedford Town before Eynesbury Rovers Chairman Matt Plumb knew about it himself which is unacceptable, the Chairman received a phone call at 8.20pm on Tuesday from Mark to inform him that he was leaving so something clearly triggered the shock exit: 

'Eynesbury Rovers learnt last night that Mark Ducket has left the club to join Bedford Town. A Club Statement will follow soon'

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/eynesbury-rovers-chairman-managers-shock-17569985

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/eynesbury-rovers-manager-reacts-shameful-17567856

Bedford Town appoint Ducket as manager

Jan 15, 2020 | Headlines

Bedford Town have named Mark Ducket as their new manager.

Ducket, who played for the Eagles over two spells before his playing career was cut short at 29 due to injury, leaves his role at Eynesbury Rovers.

Director of Football and Operations, Jon Taylor commented: “We’ve had a lot of interest in the last 24 hours, and out of the candidates that put their name forward, I recognise that Ducks was the man to take us forward.

“He is a good young manager that knows a lot of players and we’re looking forward to seeing a positive reaction on Saturday.”

You really couldn't make it up could you, Eynesbury Rovers just happen to be entertaining runaway league leaders Colney Heath tomorrow following the controversial departure this week of their Manager Mark Ducket after four years in charge at the Alfred Hall Memorial Ground. Ash Fuller and Dean Greygoose take control of the side for the daunting challenge, Ash Fuller was Mark Ducket's trusted assistant whereas Dean Greygoose was goalkeeping coach, his son Jamie is also at the Alfred Hall Memorial Stadium. Beleaguered Club Chairman Matt Plumb, who has had a week of it following the trouble at Saturday's FA Vase tie and saw Mark Ducket walk out of the door with no notice, is hoping that Ash Fuller and Dean Greygoose stay at the Club and the three were due to sit down together on Wednesday afternoon to discuss plans. Mr Plumb has been knocked over in the rush since Tuesday night with expressions of interest for the job but is in no immediate hurry to make an appointment as a knee jerk reaction to Mark Ducket's sudden and surprise defection to The Eyrie, he is diplomatically quoted in the local press as saying "we’ve got two good people in Ash Fuller and Dean Greygoose who can carry the mantle for now and I’m hoping they will take charge for the rest of the season, at the same time if the right people pop their heads up and are willing to be part of the Management team we don’t want to miss out, it will be about gut feeling really, my initial feeling is Ash and Dean are happy to carry on and if they throw their hats into the ring we will see”.

I gather Hall Road was vandalised again earlier this week by local feral youngsters, it's shocking isn't it, the local Police were informed for what good it will do:

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I gather Hall Road was vandalised again earlier this week by local feral youngsters, it's shocking isn't it, the local Police were informed for what good it will do:

All they'll get is a crime number so they can make an insurance claim !!