Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
seemgee

Cheshunt v Enfield Town

Team

McDonald, Muleba,  Payne, Thomas,  Weatherstone, Urquhart, Della-Verde, Blackman,  Bricknell, Charles, Youngs

Subs

Wilson, Mubiayi, Hatton, Bawling, Ibe

1-0 Town Bricknell

Town back in front Youngs 22 mins 1-2

22 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

More shocking defending.... 

Ours aint much better 

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

New defender straight into the side. Let's see whether he can shore things up...

nope don't look it do it

Bricknell makes it 3-2 63 mins

FT at the Cheshunt Stadium Town take the points in a 3-2 win

Hey, Hey, Hey guys 'Lets hear it for the Town' !
This afternoon Andy, our team and loyal supporters, made the short journey up the A10 to the Cheshunt Stadium, and in front of a decent size crowd of 500+ secured another away win, three points, which move us up to a couple of points off the play-offs, and local bragging rights with our friends at Cheshunt. Sounds like a close encounter with the right result. Very well done to Andy and our team, and to Billy Bricknell who struck twice today to deliver our victory. I am sure all the Town faithful enjoyed this win. Look forward to reading your comments on the game.

A close game decided by the one bit of quality in the game ... a good run and cross by Josh and a really class control and volley by BB.... I’m not going to moan about the managers defensive set up ... sometimes the players have to take responsibility... how their striker could have so much room to head back across goal was criminal... Sam was the nearest and just watched... god knows where Joseph was....jeez lads come on watch what’s happening and react... Again lots of commitment from both sides with little skill... we probably just shaded it....

Agree with Theo, not the greatest spectacle but a real end to end game. The atmosphere created was tremendous by both sets of supporters and had a real derby feel to it. I hope chesthunt stay up as I'd love two more games against them next season !

38 minutes ago, Seaside Towner said:

Agree with Theo, not the greatest spectacle but a real end to end game. The atmosphere created was tremendous by both sets of supporters and had a real derby feel to it. I hope chesthunt stay up as I'd love two more games against them next season !

You will get shot down in flames for your last comment as some people will believe you have no ambition hoping that we play Cheshunt next season.😀

Well I guess its a bitter pill to swallow for us but thats football. We are still missing our centre half which showed up badly especially with the second goal . but begrudged congrats to you lot . Nice to have a good crowd for a change . Thanks for popping by . 

Well, on the one hand, for the second weekend running we conceded two goals against relegation candidate and made it impossible for someone not already in the know to tell which of the two teams were in with a chance of the play-offs and which might go down. 

However, on the other hand, I saw some definite improvements over last Saturday's game. We played the ball on the ground much more. (Gosh! Should I really have to write this? Shouldn't it be a given?) And also there were a few nice moves, the likes of which we haven't seen for a while. We also saw another class goal from Billy and that direct-from-a-corner goal from Sam. Could have been luck, but I'm not so sure. Before an earlier corner Billy seemed to be telling Sam to aim to do just that (presumably because of the wind). 

Anyway, glass neither half empty, nor half full. I'd say a quarter full, with three-quarters gone missing (like our defence).

A very erudite summation BtG.  

It was vital that we won yesterday, not just because it was Cheshunt, but because the next 4 league games will define our season. They will determine whether or not we have a chance of reaching the play-offs. Each game will require AL and the team to step up to the plate and show us if they are up for the challenge. A good start this coming Saturday would be a big boost!!!!! Time for airing our opinions is over, results are now all that matters.  Hoping for a good home crowd to help the cause.

Obviously gutted to lose but an enjoyable afternoon, it certainly was a game of two halves the first was manic with not much quality but plenty of excitement and the second a bit more sedate. A bit of quality settled the game and we never looked like coming back for the third time, i'm confident we won't go down so if you don't go up see you next season, all the best.