Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

All huff and no puff

urchinman1961

After a bright start and a few sights of goal we go one down and there first shot on goal.The Tanners  grew into the game and it didn't look like it was going to be our day.We were having a lot of problems at right back and had to use George as cover so looked like our attacking threat had gone but well done JC a wonder strike to level the scores.When we are at it we're very good but at times us fans are left non  plus with the amount of misplaced balls.And there's now sorting out the best combination up front.Well I take a point and move onto our next game,up the Urchins

Think we are suffering from not taking our chances at the moment. Think we were the better side. Balance not quite there at the moment. Just a word on their no 2 - if you don’t want to be moaned at then don’t cheat , simples

The style of football has changed from the beginning of the season. With Uchechi injured we are playing a longer ball style which, if I'm honest, is playing into the hands of most of the defences in this league.  I agree that we should have been 2 up before they had a chance, but there is a definite lack of balance in the side.

An old cliche, but if you don't take your chances. football bites you on the arse. (Perhaps this is just a Midland thing).

It is too soon to say these are season defining games. Look at the table - we beat Worthing 6-0 at their place; beat Carshalton away 4-0 ( I think, I'd had a few); beat Folkestone; drew away at Cray and shared the points with Horsham. Unbeaten at home.

Long way to go, but I think that reads well.

Two observations fron recent games, one negative, one positive:

Opposition players squeeling like stuck pigs every time they are tackled. Followed by their captain and centre half harranguing the ref and the opposition bench jumping up. Every single time. Embarrasing.

A lot of new, younger faces on the Eastside - something to be encouraged as crowds build.

I agree with Walski - I hope that the signing of Cunnington doesn't lead to a more direct approach.  Get Uchechi back and fit, George wide and firing in crosses =  goals.

Definitely a bit of deja vu with creating really good chances in first half but not capitalising - but I think this is better than not creating anything at all.
Despite a decent sized squad and most positions well covered we do seem to have a niggle at right back. At the start of the season George Saunders, even with his pace and agility was regularly being skinned - I can only suggest that the more natural attacking players don't put themselves in the optimum position for defending. 

I also agree that the passing through midfield has lost a bit of crispness of late and that also might be what is leading to the more direct and longer passes.
I have no doubt this will pass and scorelines will be looking a lot better again.

A bold move by Mark to bring on Arthur for Matt I thought but it paid off as Leatherhead then become pinned into their own half.
Those three consecutive corners from Ronnie Winn as well, how did any of them stay out - centre half did well not to put through his own net.

21 hours ago, Dinamo Urchin said:

An old cliche, but if you don't take your chances. football bites you on the arse. (Perhaps this is just a Midland thing).

It is too soon to say these are season defining games. Look at the table - we beat Worthing 6-0 at their place; beat Carshalton away 4-0 ( I think, I'd had a few); beat Folkestone; drew away at Cray and shared the points with Horsham. Unbeaten at home.

Long way to go, but I think that reads well.

Two observations fron recent games, one negative, one positive:

Opposition players squeeling like stuck pigs every time they are tackled. Followed by their captain and centre half harranguing the ref and the opposition bench jumping up. Every single time. Embarrasing.

A lot of new, younger faces on the Eastside - something to be encouraged as crowds build.

I agree with Walski - I hope that the signing of Cunnington doesn't lead to a more direct approach.  Get Uchechi back and fit, George wide and firing in crosses =  goals.

What is this strange and mysterious world called “The Midlands” that you keep referring to? Is it past Watford? 

Agree with many of the comments. The passing game seems to have disappeared with some passing not being crisp enough. Saturday’s match remained me of the Sean Marks games with the long ball being sent to the new guy for a header and the same with throw-ins. Very boring. George Saunders was terrific as usual, Chris Dickson is missing Uche who plays so well with him. What has happened to Dominic Green? - the couple of times I saw him I thought he was good. 

The lino and ref were poor on Saturday allowing their number 3 to just continue to wander up the pitch for his throw-ins and their constant whingeing was frustrating, but as said before it seems to be a trend.

What is this strange and mysterious world called “The Midlands” that you keep referring to? Is it past Watford? 

?

The wonderful place between the "Bloody South, full of Southerners" and "Bloody North, full of Northerners".  It has its oddities, including everyone in and from Birmingham, but is essentially wonderful.  My home, the Black Country, is of course it's shining jewel, a place so special that JRR Tolkein based Mordor on it.

One day Hornchurch will draw Stourbridge in the Trophy and I'll be 1) very happy and 2) able to watch a match that doesn't feature the whining and rolling around that seems endemic down here . 

Archived