Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Velocity cup vs Brightlingsea

MTHead

We will have to endure it as long as board members watch games and consider us the better team and unlucky to lose even when we are out played... again eleven players scattered over the pitch with no shape and no idea.... the clue came really early when they got behind us over and over again.... we rely on four things 1) the oppositions strikers are off form 2) Nathan has a good game 3) last gasp defending saves the day... 4) we can score two or more to avoid defeat... this game unfortunately all four of those didn’t come off..... maybe the dwindling crowds will have an impact but as I put on a previous post I get the feeling the club are more than happy with where the club is today... I wonder if next season without the brilliance of Mo they will still be as happy....

Very disappointing 2-1 defeat last night. Josh Urquhart played left back this time with Joe Payne on the bench, whilst Glenn Wilson came in for Marc Weatherstone and Sam Hatton was back in at right back. Junior also replaced Scott Thomas.

First half was comfortable and we went in 1-0 up after a Ken Charles snapshot. Probably should have been further ahead but, at that stage, Brightlingsea matched their lowly league position. As so often seems to be the case the second half was a completely different story and Brightlingsea thoroughly deserved their win. Good luck to them for the rest of the tournament - Corinthian Casuals'  win in the league last night pushed them down to second from bottom.

Think the next 4 games, all against good sides, will give us a good idea of where we'll be finishing up this year. We really need to raise our game massively if we're to get anything out of these.

One step forward at the weekend, two steps back last night. Another two goals shipped against a relegation candidate. 

The highlight was Nathan coming up at the end and getting a header on target. To be honest, he might as well stay up front for the rest of the season since he doesn't actually have a defence in front of him anyway.

Can't agree more with the above. But then much that has been said repeats what I have said for sometime. Especially Theo's post. MTH also makes an interesting comment on the obvious silence. 

One can blame the players as much as you like but when are members going to recognise where the real problem lies. It certainly isn't any of the members who work so hard behind the scenes. But like Theo I feel there are still a few including ,some on this forum, who think that we are expecting to much and should not criticise what we see before us. They even suggest, be it surreptitiously , that by doing so we are disloyal. To me loyalty is caring for a friend so much that you are able to tell him when you believe he is wrong. We can't all be sycophants!!!!! 

"Tin hats on boys here comes the flack"!!!!!!!

One sobering thought to ponder on for all of those who would like our manager replaced mid season. 

Which 3 or 4 players would you like to go with him, as that is the only way to free up funds to afford a new manager currently. 

Very good summation on the game Annfield Towner,exactly as I saw it. 

COYT. 

72W it's not the case of wanting him to go mid-season but that it's whether those around him can get him to utilise what he has got at his disposal. After all he brought the players in. He must have had some idea as to how he was going to use them. To many they seem to be left to their own devices.

I have already said the next few games will see in what direction we are going. Until then I agree nothing can be done but hope.

I think that's a fair summation: we need to take stock at the end of the season, rather than do anything knee-jerk now - in my eyes Andy has until then to try to make 5th place (or at the very least mount a serious challenge for 5th place). Looking at the table, that's still well possible, and looking at our squad, it should be a realistic target. Now we're out the cup, we can focus on the league - the next 4 or so games should give us a good idea of which direction we're heading in.

I'm hopeful / optimistic, but that might be more my 'glass half full' bias coming through :)

49 minutes ago, 72wemblyfinal said:

One sobering thought to ponder on for all of those who would like our manager replaced mid season. 

Which 3 or 4 players would you like to go with him, as that is the only way to free up funds to afford a new manager currently. 

COYT. 

A bleak outlook indeed for our club on the pitch..... 

1 hour ago, 72wemblyfinal said:

COYT. 

He could take the whole bloody defence with him, we could replace them with cardboard cutouts I’m sure we would hardly notice much difference ?

Let him go and give the job to Mario and let's see how he gets on.

I know he has the respect of the players.

Andy signs a really good right footed centre half and so far has played him right back,and left back!!!.

Andy spent the last 10/15 Mins of the first half with his back to the game arguing with a couple of Brightlinsea fans.!!!!!

Lovely guy but things have to change imo.

I kinda thought that about Mario WR but he either doesn’t have an input or he is a part of this ridiculous set up we have week in week out .... how was a cheshunt forward allow to run fifty yards for their second goal without anyone seeing him.... makes me think the whole coaching staff along with the players were all ball watching.....but I would like to see him take over for the remainder of the season and stake a full time claim... and who knows we might get a few more through the gate to help with his wages....

Don't really see the point of changing a manager at this stage of the season.As i said at the start of the season,if we make top 5 the managers position will be safe.If we finish 6th-8th in the league  the jury will be out (but the board will probably stick by their man).If we finish 9th or below i feel the mangers position will be untenable.

Lets wait and see.

LS, although I was hoping for a change at the end of last season you may be right with your scenario. However my big worry is that the get behind the manager brigade will hold sway. Resulting in "lets give him another year and see what happens". In that case I am strongly in sympathy with Djw's view, because that could put the whole club in jeopardy. 

PS. In order to preempt any admonishments may I say that I always get behind the manager as it's the best place to see what he is getting up to.

i personally thought we needed a management change at the end of last season.The board though gave Andy their continued backing for this season.And as such he deserves to be able to finish the season and try to gain that play-off place we are all seeking.Stock will be taken of the success or otherwise of the 2019-20 campaign in the closed season.

I’d be quite happy to take the job on for the rest of the season without pay and I’d even pay £100 a week to do it and I’m damn sure i would do a better job... here’s a bit of advice for our coaching team... try standing behind the goal to watch the matches then you might all see what we see ... it don’t matter if the players can’t hear you cause they obviously don’t listen anyway....

2 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

i personally thought we needed a management change at the end of last season.The board though gave Andy their continued backing for this season.And as such he deserves to be able to finish the season and try to gain that play-off place we are all seeking.Stock will be taken of the success or otherwise of the 2019-20 campaign in the closed season.

The trouble it that any new manager has to hit the ground running. We'd be better off appointing someone new as soon as the goal of the play-offs has evaporated.

Archived