Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Cray Wanderers

seemgee

CC, I'm dumbfounded and very frustrated but, considering my previously aired views, for once I don't hold the manager completely responsible. The result of the game lies right in the lap of Mr Blackman.

The game was always going to be hard enough with 11 men. Consequently after Billy's penalty,  which put us in front, Blackman should have been substituted for a more defensive minded player rather than a tearaway cavalier.The longer he stayed on the pitch a second yellow was bound to happen. Surprise, surprise!!!!!!

Can't wait two hear the excuses made for him; even though is disciplinary record speaks for it's self.

Perhaps while he is suspended some one will show him how to tackle properly.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I agree with your sentiment 4WF regarding Ryan and because of his style of play, a red was always on the cards. But to book a player in the third minute for an innocuous challenge means that he doesn't really stand a chance of seeing out the rest of the game. I agree that he should have been subbed to protect him from the possible second yellow but the blame should be placed at the managers door for not managing the situation, not at Ryan's, he's been one of our stand out performers this season. Again, we've been let down by poor officials who should be spending their time doing other things on a Saturday afternoon rather than making money at our expense because they are ruining football matches !! 

Innocuous??   First or 90 th min his first tackle was late. Deliberate   stopped their attack.     Officials at this level are what they are. 

Agreed tho...Ryan is more use on the pitch than us being down to 10 and every time they got near him it was nervy stuff.   Andy hasn't managed him well and oh my god...... Every one of our corners that we don't win seems to end up in our box in seconds.     Why oh why can't we defend when we lose the ball.    That seems to give us as much trouble as anything.... ?

Awful result from a very winnable game. At 2-1 up that match was there for the taking.

Some senior players need to take a long hard look at themselves as that simply wasn't good enough. The substitutions were mostly unfathomable and even with 6 defenders on the pitch at the end we still couldn't defend. 

Down to 8th, amazingly we're still only 4 points off the play-offs but I don't agree that the squad is stronger than last year. Fed up with watching players that can't defend every week - it's not that difficult! 

We need a response on the field on Tuesday.

SS,  that is why I didn't exonerate AL from some of the blame. But when you have played in non-league football you soon learn what to expect from officials. I'm afraid Blackman's tackling will always be under scrutiny, one because of his record and two the fact he invariable goes in off the ground with his studs showing.

Unfortunately very little has changed since I first saw him play youth football in the Eastern Junior Alliance. If it had he would be playing at a higher level.

So when it comes to his case I find it hard to blame the officials. They can't all be wrong. 

You see one of him as one of our outstanding players. No doubt because of his energy and by his running all over the field. As I have said many times I see someone where it is hard to see in what position he is supposed to be playing. 

I said sometime ago from my own experience that a player who goes about his business and does delegated job quietly and efficiently is a player's player. He and similar players in the team are the ones left to pick up the pieces, whilst X goes gung-ho everwhere, leaving who take the blame when things go wrong. 

The consensus is that its Andy's fault. Everyone could see the risk involved in keeping Ryan on the pitch.

Once again we concede at least 3 goals.

I am fuming at another wasted season. Billy was contracted for 2 years. He is a top striker at this level. We've also had Mo for half of the season. A solid defence and midfield behind them and we should be top 3. Andy is unable to either identify - or perhaps attract - the right players.

I wonder how Chesham are getting on now following AL's departure - take a look if you haven't noticed. A certain Mark Kirby seems to be impressing for the Generals.

Let's agree to differ SS you see your game I'll see mine. But then you can't contribute while he's off the field!!!! 

I am not sure if other managers would agree with your assessment though otherwise they would have picked him up years ago. There were always more scouts watching the EJA matches than ever at ETFC. Managers will take footballers with aggression but not only if you can show a willingness to drop your bad habits. That is where he has failed.

What you say CC doesn't surprise me at all. See where Haringey Borough are since he left. If only he was still with us, even if some thought him difficult I would still welcome him back. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

A pathetic 303 watched this play off game of the day.... I hope it’s worth losing supporters who may never come back just to continue with this absolutely hopeless managerial set up.... everything we were building towards could disappear because of this blind loyalty ... as CC put ‘another wasted season ‘ this could be a lot more damaging than last....

Many of us Theo have been saying this for sometime. But we are always being told we are wrong and everything is under control. But one can only take so much. I would have expected a crowd at least in access of 400+ today. 

It makes a mockery of all the suggestions that are made about how one should have a chat with the manager etc to air our opinions. To me actions mean more than words. Like you I am worried that all the good work done off the pitch to get us where we are can soon turn to nought by some peoples intransigence. 

Although well into my 80's AL's playing staff approach to managing/coaching a team makes then seem even older dinosaurs than me. Should the Board ever decide to make a new appointment I would suggest they co-opt the advice of a coach with at least UEFA "B" Badge qualifications to help in their deliberations.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals