Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Mr Plumb said a few things to the local paper I don’t agree with as well as a few things online after the game, therefore, I don’t think he’s a pleasant bloke. 

AlwaysLeighton - Was it Mr Plumb who said things, I know Mark Ducket said the following and made it look like it was all about the Leighton Town fans but had Eynesbury Rovers held on to win the tie and go to Bradford Town in the next round it would have been a different story, mind you the trouble might not have happened then, we're not to know:

“I didn’t expect that at all, it was mental,” said Ducket. “I’ve never witnessed anything like it. As a football person I’ve seen most things in the game though, and this was a recipe for disaster.

It was basically 100-odd kids with flares chucking things and playing the hard man. I got my lads in close as I could see what was going to happen. I had a punch thrown at me, but that doesn’t bother me,

Seats were ripped out, the stand is damaged, the Portakabins are in a terrible state and parts of the pitch are still red from the flares, and we all had our families down there.

At the end of the day though, it was a great cup tie to be involved with and nobody died, we just lost an FA Vase tie. But we went to Clacton and won and didn’t do that. There’s ways of winning, and that isn’t it.

Fair play to the Leighton Town players as it was a great comeback, whereas we buckled and froze all over. I always tell a player there’s a reason they’re playing step five, and you have to question the commitment, desire and mentality.

We were miles off the pace, Sunday League. I made a few decisions which may have backfired, but you cannot account for the individual errors. We melted under the occasion and it’s a life lesson learnt.

Leighton won the game and you can’t take that away from them, but I never want to be in that situation again on or off the pitch.”

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/eynesbury-rovers-manager-reacts-shameful-17567856

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - Was it Mr Plumb who said things, I know Mark Ducket said the following and made it look like it was all about the Leighton Town fans but had Eynesbury Rovers held on to win the tie and go to Bradford Town in the next round it would have been a different story, mind you the trouble might not have happened then, we're not to know:

“I didn’t expect that at all, it was mental,” said Ducket. “I’ve never witnessed anything like it. As a football person I’ve seen most things in the game though, and this was a recipe for disaster.

It was basically 100-odd kids with flares chucking things and playing the hard man. I got my lads in close as I could see what was going to happen. I had a punch thrown at me, but that doesn’t bother me,

Seats were ripped out, the stand is damaged, the Portakabins are in a terrible state and parts of the pitch are still red from the flares, and we all had our families down there.

At the end of the day though, it was a great cup tie to be involved with and nobody died, we just lost an FA Vase tie. But we went to Clacton and won and didn’t do that. There’s ways of winning, and that isn’t it.

Fair play to the Leighton Town players as it was a great comeback, whereas we buckled and froze all over. I always tell a player there’s a reason they’re playing step five, and you have to question the commitment, desire and mentality.

We were miles off the pace, Sunday League. I made a few decisions which may have backfired, but you cannot account for the individual errors. We melted under the occasion and it’s a life lesson learnt.

Leighton won the game and you can’t take that away from them, but I never want to be in that situation again on or off the pitch.”

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/eynesbury-rovers-manager-reacts-shameful-17567856

Yes, I remember an article shortly after the tie, before Ducket quit. 
No, if Eynesbury hold on and win 3-1, 3-2 even, it never kicks off like it did. When you’re 3-1 down with 15 to go, surrounded by your mates, supporting your local team, and you win 4-3 in the 91st minute, then emotions run high.

I’d never change the score line for the world, my favourite live game of football, ever.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Well, not bad news on a Friday.

To be honest I can't say I'm surprised, Webby didn't seem to settle at Vauxhall Road did he, is it a straight swap for Connor Calcutt ?

19 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

We’ll see. Would love to see them together up top to be fair! 

AlwaysLeighton - Yes, what a side on paper this afternoon but you made hard work of it against Potton United. Did Webby have his tail between his legs or was it like he had never been away:

Brad Kirkwood, Carl Resch, Tom Silford, Joe Fitzgerald, Connor Calcutt, Jordon Frederick(C), Archie McClelland, Tom Bryant, Alfie Osborne, Brian Foulger, Danny Webb. Subs: Dave Murphy, Sonny Newbury-Barr, Ben Pattie, Ashton Campbell, Ross Adams

He didn’t give it very long, I know it was a hell of a big jump but unless it was immediately obvious he was way out of his depth this seems a bit premature. Unless of course he was told he wasn’t going to get a game. Great news for Leighton though. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

22 minutes ago, View from the Boundary said:

My old work colleague Matty Bateman seems to have made the jump ok, scored for Hemel again today.

Yes, I saw that, he got man of the match. I'm not altogether sure what Lee Bircham was trying to do during pre-season as he brought everyone under the sun to Vauxhall Road, some players such as Webby haven't been able to get a look in including the pre-season friendlies when he was always on the bench.

15 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

My old work colleague Matty Bateman seems to have made the jump ok, scored for Hemel again today.

Definitely some players who can make that jump, many have. Certainly some players around playing some way below their level. 

On 30/10/2020 at 21:33, AlwaysLeighton said:

Well, not bad news on a Friday.

3E9C9063-3E1D-4DC8-96EA-4DCA2BC2960E.png

Great news for Leighton Town FC.

Over 50 photographs, courtesy of Joanna Ginger, from Bedfont & Feltham v Leighton Town on Saturday 30 August 2014 in a 2014/15 FA Cup Preliminary Round tie, whilst Leighton Town were still a Southern League Division One Central Club, Combined Counties League Division One Bedfont & Feltham disappointingly won 3-2:

Bedfont & Feltham 3-2 Leighton Town FA Cup 30th Aug 2014

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Bedfont & Feltham 3-2 Leighton Town FA Cup 30th Aug 2014

Luke Craig ? was Bedfont & Felthams answer to Beckham ?

On 08/07/2020 at 00:27, Rhodes said:

A third album to the two posted earlier with more photographs from the 2017/18 Wolverhampton Sporting Community v Leighton Town FA Vase Fifth Round tie on 10 February 2018 which Leighton Town won 4-3 in thrilling fashion, it seems like the only photographer not at Pride Park that day was David Bailey

This had to be one of the most historic wins for a SSML Club, literally going into the lions den with so much at stake and coming away with a 4-3 win: 

On 02/05/2020 at 01:46, Rhodes said:

Over 100 photographs from the Leighton Town v 1874 Northwich FA Vase Sixth Round tie at Bell Close on 24 February 2018: 

What a photo, 1874 Northwich brought a huge following to Bell Close didn't they;

Town battle to get an equaliser

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2020 at 18:37, Rhodes said:

A different and better album to that posted earlier with nearly 200 photographs from the Leighton Town v 1874 Northwich FA Vase Sixth Round tie at Bell Close on 24 February 2018 which 1874 Northwich won 1-0  

Yet another album unearthed, and better still, to those posted earlier with nearly 400 photographs from the nail biting Leighton Town v 1874 Northwich FA Vase Sixth Round tie at Bell Close on 24 February 2018 which 1874 Northwich won 1-0:  

2017/18: Leighton Town v 1874 Northwich (24.02.18)

Edited by Rhodes

Slough Town v Leighton Town again, at Holloways Park on Saturday 23 October 2010, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2010/11, Leighton Town won 1-0 with a last minute goal from Jack Copson and they enjoyed a good season playing the likes of Arlesey Town, Aylesbury and North Greenford United, finishing in seventh position:

https://sloughtownfc.net/reports/4664

23-10-10 Slough Town v Leighton Town

Edited by Rhodes

Photographs from Slough Town v Leighton Town yet again, at Holloways Park on Saturday 30 March 2013, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2012/13, Slough Town won 5-1 with Leighton Town's consolation goal coming from Jack Downes, it was a disappointing campaign with Leighton Town finishing second to bottom but were reprieved from relegation:

Slough keep up promotion challenge | The Official website of Slough Town FC - latest news, photos and videos

30-03-13 Slough Town v Leighton Town

Edited by Rhodes