Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

I was in no way being critical of Danny Webb as I am the great man's biggest fan, as you say he would have been right up there with your Lewis Putnam's and Craig Hammond's in the SSML's goalscoring record books had the season reached its final conclusion. Games that spring to mind at Bell Close this season, where Danny was on fire and unplayable, were Oxhey Jets in the Premier Division Cup, obviously the 8-0 win over London Colney in front of a watching Ben Chilwell, FC Broxbourne Borough in the FA Vase and more recently against Aylesbury Vale Dynamos where he netted a hat trick of headers.

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 10:12, Savagebee said:

it's still not a bad little forum that has recovered in the last year after a couple of years where it was pretty much dead on here.

I wonder why Karen just downed tools in the way she did around the middle of last season after many years of meticulously keeping the SSML Forum updated with fixtures, results and useful information, it's unlike her isn't it and out of character to give up the ghost on anything, particularly where the SSML is concerned, she is always so professional and dedicated to the cause.

27 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I wonder why Karen just downed tools in the way she did around the middle of last season after many years of meticulously keeping the SSML Forum updated with fixtures, results and useful information, it's unlike her isn't it and out of character to give up the ghost on anything, particularly where the SSML is concerned, she is always so professional and dedicated to the cause.

Always appreciated Karen's fixtures and results on here until you took over her duties Rhodes and I must say that you have done well with that role Rhodes.

I know Karen said that a lot of her time is taken up these days with her SSML Secretary duties and the new Spartan South Midland's League Website which is far enough.

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I was in no way being critical of Danny Webb as I am the great man's biggest fan, as you say he would have been right up there with your Lewis Putnam's and Craig Hammond's in the SSML's goalscoring record books had the season reached its final conclusion. Games that spring to mind at Bell Close this season, where Danny was on fire and unplayable, were Oxhey Jets in the Premier Division Cup, obviously the 8-0 win over London Colney in front of a watching Ben Chilwell, FC Broxbourne Borough in the FA Vase and more recently against Aylesbury Vale Dynamos where he netted a hat trick of headers.

He really is a brilliant player and I can safely say that he is extremely loved by all Leighton fans, particularly the really young kids, they think he’s Messi, as do I! 

Leverstock Green at home as well! Our first win of the season, 4 goals in the first half! He certainly would’ve been up there with Putnam, I backed him to get 60, with nearly 20 games to go! 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

He really is a brilliant player and I can safely say that he is extremely loved by all Leighton fans, particularly the really young kids, they think he’s Messi, as do I! 

Leverstock Green at home as well! Our first win of the season, 4 goals in the first half! He certainly would’ve been up there with Putnam, I backed him to get 60, with nearly 20 games to go! 

Is Ashton Campbell any good?

39 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Is Ashton Campbell any good?

Savagebee - well, in pre-season, he was our signing that I was really excited about, having seen him play for Tring the year before. He was the one that made my head turn and feel very optimistic! 

However, it’s been Danny, Archie and James Towell who have been our best signings for me, despite Ashton still playing pretty well. I don’t think he’s been at his best week in week out, but he certainly can finish and is a good player.  

Just look at the big games, Hat-Trick off the bench at Eynesbury, 2 at Corinthian! He’s a brilliant player to have in the squad, so yeah, he’s pretty good! 

14 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Savagebee - well, in pre-season, he was our signing that I was really excited about, having seen him play for Tring the year before. He was the one that made my head turn and feel very optimistic! 

However, it’s been Danny, Archie and James Towell who have been our best signings for me, despite Ashton still playing pretty well. I don’t think he’s been at his best week in week out, but he certainly can finish and is a good player.  

Just look at the big games, Hat-Trick off the bench at Eynesbury, 2 at Corinthian! He’s a brilliant player to have in the squad, so yeah, he’s pretty good! 

Yeah I could of seen him finishing last season with 25+ goals.

26 goals in 48 games for Tring Athletic FC in the 2018/19 season how did you tempt him over to Leighton Town FC then? A great signing though.

You seem to have goals all over the pitch?

You wanna see goals then go and watch Leighton Town FC play they were saying last season ?

Edited by Savagebee

18 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Yeah I could of seen him finishing last season with 25+ goals.

26 goals in 48 games for Tring Athletic FC in the 2018/19 season how did you tempt him over to Leighton Town FC then? A great signing though.

You seem to have goals all over the pitch?

You wanna see goals then go and watch Leighton Town FC play they were saying last season ?

You’re definitely right, maybe with Danny’s goals, his goals went a bit under the radar! 

I have no idea, Joe clearly has brilliant persuasive powers! 

We certainly do, with the likes of Ashton, Towell, Danny, Archie, Pattie, Collier and Turner towards the end, we really had goals in abundance! 

They certainly did, so many thoroughly entertaining and eventful games last season, it really was a joy to watch the Town last season! Hopefully, we’ll see something similar whenever we get restarted! 

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:26, Rhodes said:

I have only just seen the video from the shocking scenes at the Eynesbury Rovers v Leighton Town FA Vase Fourth Round tie, I initially thought it was just handbags at dawn but it really kicked off big time didn't it, like the good, sorry, bad old days of the 1970's:

AlwaysLeighton - For some reason the disturbing YouTube video is no longer available but what was your take on the scenes at the Eynesbury Rovers v Leighton Town FA Vase Fourth Round tie, it wasn't just handbags at dawn was it, where were you in the ground and what would you say started it all off:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-fight-breaks-out-with-pints-thrown-and-fans-on-pitch-during-fa-vase-clash/

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

You’re definitely right, maybe with Danny’s goals, his goals went a bit under the radar! 

I have no idea, Joe clearly has brilliant persuasive powers! 

We certainly do, with the likes of Ashton, Towell, Danny, Archie, Pattie, Collier and Turner towards the end, we really had goals in abundance! 

They certainly did, so many thoroughly entertaining and eventful games last season, it really was a joy to watch the Town last season! Hopefully, we’ll see something similar whenever we get restarted! 

Keep your squad together for next season and I can't see Leighton Town FC not finishing some where in the top 4 ? and another good Cup run in one of the Cups maybe.

All of course if next season happens. I'm sure it will though ?

Edited by Savagebee

59 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - For some reason the disturbing YouTube video is no longer available but what was your take on the scenes at the Eynesbury Rovers v Leighton Town FA Vase Fourth Round tie, it wasn't just handbags at dawn was it, where were you in the ground and what would you say started it all off:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-fight-breaks-out-with-pints-thrown-and-fans-on-pitch-during-fa-vase-clash/

Rhodes - I had a very good view of the incident in question, and well, 3-1 down, 4-3 up, always was going to be a pitch invasion. The support from pretty much all the young Leighton lads was second-to-none, non-stop singing, with one or two minor incidents throughout the game. 

But, a couple of Leighton lads walked over to the Eynesbury fans who the lads had some back-and-forth with during the game and then as you see from the video, it escalated from there. 

I think it all got blown massively out of proportion by people from on Eynesbury, particularly on Twitter, who thought they were blameless. The ‘stewards’ they had were frankly, terrible and did nothing and wound up some of the leighton lads throughout the game. There’s other things Eynesbury did wrong on the day, but simply, they were not prepared for the size of Leighton’s support! One or Two bad apples in the leighton support, but the most of them are really nice young lads, who care massively about the club.

The couple of Leighton lads should never have walked over there know the first place, but it was Eynesbury supporters who threw the punches, even punching their own manager! 

9 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Rhodes - I had a very good view of the incident in question, and well, 3-1 down, 4-3 up, always was going to be a pitch invasion. The support from pretty much all the young Leighton lads was second-to-none, non-stop singing, with one or two minor incidents throughout the game. 

But, a couple of Leighton lads walked over to the Eynesbury fans who the lads had some back-and-forth with during the game and then as you see from the video, it escalated from there. 

I think it all got blown massively out of proportion by people from on Eynesbury, particularly on Twitter, who thought they were blameless. The ‘stewards’ they had were frankly, terrible and did nothing and wound up some of the leighton lads throughout the game. There’s other things Eynesbury did wrong on the day, but simply, they were not prepared for the size of Leighton’s support! One or Two bad apples in the leighton support, but the most of them are really nice young lads, who care massively about the club.

The couple of Leighton lads should never have walked over there know the first place, but it was Eynesbury supporters who threw the punches, even punching their own manager! 

Good to hear an account from someone that was actually at the game ?

Do you think that a lot of the new Leighton Town Youth will be back next season? And will continue to support the club?

#The12thman

24 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Do you think that a lot of the new Leighton Town Youth will be back next season? And will continue to support the club?

Savagebee - I hope nobody is offended but you make it sound a bit like the Hitler Youth

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I hope nobody is offended but you make it sound a bit like the Hitler Youth

?

No meant it as the Leighton Town FC youngsters I never mentioned Hitler.

Savagebee - Well it seems like AlwaysLeighton was being a little bit lenient on the Leighton Town youngsters as according to this link, and some of the comments, they were as guilty as the Eynesbury Rovers fans, 'grown men punching children, by no means is Leighton innocent',  'Leighton should be thrown out, superb numbers but whoever crèche were they didn’t like going 3-1 down on big day out & turned nasty, presumably spent pocket money on smoke bombs to throw on pitch, went 4-3 up, got too excited then got cleared out by home fans who had seen enough', 'Leighton Town were an absolute disgrace, 9 year old kids being given the chance to be ball boys for the day having to witness and be subjected to that, any of the coins could have easily hit one of them, being egged on it seems by some kind of “general”, shameful and pitiful!', 

42 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Well it seems like AlwaysLeighton was being a little bit lenient on the Leighton Town youngsters as according to this link, and some of the comments, they were as guilty as the Eynesbury Rovers fans, 'grown men punching children, by no means is Leighton innocent',  'Leighton should be thrown out, superb numbers but whoever crèche were they didn’t like going 3-1 down on big day out & turned nasty, presumably spent pocket money on smoke bombs to throw on pitch, went 4-3 up, got too excited then got cleared out by home fans who had seen enough', 'Leighton Town were an absolute disgrace, 9 year old kids being given the chance to be ball boys for the day having to witness and be subjected to that, any of the coins could have easily hit one of them, being egged on it seems by some kind of “general”, shameful and pitiful!', 

Oh dear two sides to every story I guess ?

On 05/06/2020 at 08:09, Savagebee said:

Good to hear an account from someone that was actually at the game ?

#The12thman

I of course see both sides of the argument, Rhodes is right in some ways, some, and that is very a few, crossed a line and acted in a poor way, which I condemn as they shouldn’t have walked over to the Eynesbury supporters in the first place. However, Eynesbury were simply not equipped to deal with a crowd of that size, at Corinthian, the numbers were relatively the same (in terms of big Leighton support), but they had a proper security team in place who were well equipped to deal with any issues, which to be honest, there weren't really any. 

But, in terms of the Eynesbury game, the events after the game were very unsavoury and something Leighton as a club, were of course not happy at all with. However, I know that the leighton committee told Eynesbury a large Leighton support was coming and told them they should hire proper stewards, which was advice to hey decided to ignore. Regardless of stewarding or not, people should know better! 

I’m sure they will be, it makes for a nice atmosphere at Bell Close! Not necessarily in that big numbers like at Eynesbury, but 30-40 of the lads go every week at home, whilst quite a few follow away as well! 

40 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I bet the Leighton Town FC choir make a bit of noise behind the goal at the covered end? 

Leighton-Town-FC.jpg

Haha!! They certainly do, Eastbourne at home in the Vase was a fantastic atmosphere, non-stop noise, from both set so of supporters, even sweeter when we scored in the 93rd to win it! Super Ross Adams wrote his name into Leighton folk-law that afternoon! 

91DB9A2E-E54D-4B5A-AE24-36434C610CA9.jpeg

4F6E21F1-1D31-43E6-85FC-9B7B63D75F39.jpeg