Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

Leighton Town

59 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - For some reason the disturbing YouTube video is no longer available but what was your take on the scenes at the Eynesbury Rovers v Leighton Town FA Vase Fourth Round tie, it wasn't just handbags at dawn was it, where were you in the ground and what would you say started it all off:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-fight-breaks-out-with-pints-thrown-and-fans-on-pitch-during-fa-vase-clash/

Rhodes - I had a very good view of the incident in question, and well, 3-1 down, 4-3 up, always was going to be a pitch invasion. The support from pretty much all the young Leighton lads was second-to-none, non-stop singing, with one or two minor incidents throughout the game. 

But, a couple of Leighton lads walked over to the Eynesbury fans who the lads had some back-and-forth with during the game and then as you see from the video, it escalated from there. 

I think it all got blown massively out of proportion by people from on Eynesbury, particularly on Twitter, who thought they were blameless. The ‘stewards’ they had were frankly, terrible and did nothing and wound up some of the leighton lads throughout the game. There’s other things Eynesbury did wrong on the day, but simply, they were not prepared for the size of Leighton’s support! One or Two bad apples in the leighton support, but the most of them are really nice young lads, who care massively about the club.

The couple of Leighton lads should never have walked over there know the first place, but it was Eynesbury supporters who threw the punches, even punching their own manager! 

9 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Rhodes - I had a very good view of the incident in question, and well, 3-1 down, 4-3 up, always was going to be a pitch invasion. The support from pretty much all the young Leighton lads was second-to-none, non-stop singing, with one or two minor incidents throughout the game. 

But, a couple of Leighton lads walked over to the Eynesbury fans who the lads had some back-and-forth with during the game and then as you see from the video, it escalated from there. 

I think it all got blown massively out of proportion by people from on Eynesbury, particularly on Twitter, who thought they were blameless. The ‘stewards’ they had were frankly, terrible and did nothing and wound up some of the leighton lads throughout the game. There’s other things Eynesbury did wrong on the day, but simply, they were not prepared for the size of Leighton’s support! One or Two bad apples in the leighton support, but the most of them are really nice young lads, who care massively about the club.

The couple of Leighton lads should never have walked over there know the first place, but it was Eynesbury supporters who threw the punches, even punching their own manager! 

Good to hear an account from someone that was actually at the game 👍

Do you think that a lot of the new Leighton Town Youth will be back next season? And will continue to support the club?

#The12thman

24 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Do you think that a lot of the new Leighton Town Youth will be back next season? And will continue to support the club?

Savagebee - I hope nobody is offended but you make it sound a bit like the Hitler Youth

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I hope nobody is offended but you make it sound a bit like the Hitler Youth

🙄

No meant it as the Leighton Town FC youngsters I never mentioned Hitler.

Savagebee - Well it seems like AlwaysLeighton was being a little bit lenient on the Leighton Town youngsters as according to this link, and some of the comments, they were as guilty as the Eynesbury Rovers fans, 'grown men punching children, by no means is Leighton innocent',  'Leighton should be thrown out, superb numbers but whoever crèche were they didn’t like going 3-1 down on big day out & turned nasty, presumably spent pocket money on smoke bombs to throw on pitch, went 4-3 up, got too excited then got cleared out by home fans who had seen enough', 'Leighton Town were an absolute disgrace, 9 year old kids being given the chance to be ball boys for the day having to witness and be subjected to that, any of the coins could have easily hit one of them, being egged on it seems by some kind of “general”, shameful and pitiful!', 

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-fight-breaks-out-with-pints-thrown-and-fans-on-pitch-during-fa-vase-clash/

42 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Well it seems like AlwaysLeighton was being a little bit lenient on the Leighton Town youngsters as according to this link, and some of the comments, they were as guilty as the Eynesbury Rovers fans, 'grown men punching children, by no means is Leighton innocent',  'Leighton should be thrown out, superb numbers but whoever crèche were they didn’t like going 3-1 down on big day out & turned nasty, presumably spent pocket money on smoke bombs to throw on pitch, went 4-3 up, got too excited then got cleared out by home fans who had seen enough', 'Leighton Town were an absolute disgrace, 9 year old kids being given the chance to be ball boys for the day having to witness and be subjected to that, any of the coins could have easily hit one of them, being egged on it seems by some kind of “general”, shameful and pitiful!', 

Oh dear two sides to every story I guess 🤔

On 05/06/2020 at 08:09, Savagebee said:

Good to hear an account from someone that was actually at the game 👍

#The12thman

I of course see both sides of the argument, Rhodes is right in some ways, some, and that is very a few, crossed a line and acted in a poor way, which I condemn as they shouldn’t have walked over to the Eynesbury supporters in the first place. However, Eynesbury were simply not equipped to deal with a crowd of that size, at Corinthian, the numbers were relatively the same (in terms of big Leighton support), but they had a proper security team in place who were well equipped to deal with any issues, which to be honest, there weren't really any. 

But, in terms of the Eynesbury game, the events after the game were very unsavoury and something Leighton as a club, were of course not happy at all with. However, I know that the leighton committee told Eynesbury a large Leighton support was coming and told them they should hire proper stewards, which was advice to hey decided to ignore. Regardless of stewarding or not, people should know better! 

I’m sure they will be, it makes for a nice atmosphere at Bell Close! Not necessarily in that big numbers like at Eynesbury, but 30-40 of the lads go every week at home, whilst quite a few follow away as well! 

I bet the Leighton Town FC choir make a bit of noise behind the goal at the covered end? 

Leighton-Town-FC.jpg

40 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I bet the Leighton Town FC choir make a bit of noise behind the goal at the covered end? 

Leighton-Town-FC.jpg

Haha!! They certainly do, Eastbourne at home in the Vase was a fantastic atmosphere, non-stop noise, from both set so of supporters, even sweeter when we scored in the 93rd to win it! Super Ross Adams wrote his name into Leighton folk-law that afternoon! 

91DB9A2E-E54D-4B5A-AE24-36434C610CA9.jpeg

4F6E21F1-1D31-43E6-85FC-9B7B63D75F39.jpeg

3 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

4F6E21F1-1D31-43E6-85FC-9B7B63D75F39.jpeg

Wow packed to the rafters!

Former Leighton Town FC Striker James Hatch was decent where is he now?

2 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Former Leighton Town FC Striker James Hatch was decent where is he now?

I think he was at Eynesbury before the season was declared null and void. He was at Arlesey for about 18 months as well.

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I think he was at Eynesbury before the season was declared null and void. He was at Arlesey for about 18 months as well.

He's been around for a while now. He always scored goals when he's been playing for Leighton Town FC.

Posted (edited)

Not SSML but over 100 photographs from Guildford City v Leighton Town on 20 October 2012 in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2012/13, Guildford City won 1-0. Leighton Town are in blue by the way as Guildford City also play in red and white stripes:

Leighton Town (H) 20/10/2012

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)

Only the one photograph but just to say that the Leighton Town Football Club sign behind the goal is heaven where taking photographs is concerned, there is actually a lot of really good signage at Bell Close, both inside and outside, which is always a groundhoppers dream and there have been plenty of those visiting over the years, sometimes you go to a ground and there are very few signs, if any, or ones that are barely visible: 

Leighton Town Football Club. Martyn Haworth. MH Sports Photo 

Edited by Rhodes

A really informative local community type page about the Club which seems to be kept regularly up to date, I was saddened to hear about the passing of Maurice Luff on 16 March, aged 86, who was involved with the Club for over seventy years including as a player back in the day and physio:

https://www.localgymsandfitness.com/GB/Leighton-Buzzard/1583088508623552/Home-Of-Leighton-Town-FC

I see Ollie Bayliss has this picture of the Leighton Town FC choir on his twitter page 😀 ⬇️

600x200

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss

Rhodes & Savagebee - the ‘Shed End’ signage has always been fantastic. It’s the first visual point as you enter the ground, so I believe it’s something the club have always liked having there and of course for good reason! 

Nice to see Mr Non League himself has us as his Twitter cover photo! That Eastbourne game he came and covered and I know he really enjoyed. We then had the excellent Alan Harris follow us to Eynesbury, Bradford and Corinthian! 

EafeUcRXkAQ25or?format=jpg&name=900x900

Looking good 👍

Danny Webb got a move to Hemel. 

Posted (edited)

I expect AlwaysLeighton is crying into his beer tonight:

image.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Danny Webb got a move to Hemel. 

Wow that's a big one!

Where did you hear that WB?

I see Hemel have also signed the ex Kings Langley FC and Berkhamsted FC striker Matt Bateman and the ex Leverstock Green FC striker Johnathan Lacey.

Great signings for Hemel eh!

Are they going to play 3 upfront then? 😀

Edited by Savagebee

Someone sent me a few tweets.