Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

Over 100 photographs from Leighton Town v Slough Town, at Bell Close on 16 April 2011, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2010/11, Leighton Town won 3-1 with goals from Ben Gallant from the spot, an own goal and Alex O'Brien. Leighton Town finished a respectable seventh that season, Slough Town qualified for the play offs but lost 4-1 at Hitchin Town in a semi final:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4697

16-04-11 Leighton Town v Slough Town

Edited by Rhodes

An excellent summary of the 2019/20 from a Leighton Town supporter, Joes couldn't have put it better himself:

A FANS VIEW OF LEIGHTONS 2019/20 SEASON

The past 12 months have been a whirlwind for just about everyone, especially as a Leighton Town fan. The dire start to the season and the anxiety that came with it to the highs of the FA Vase run and the staggering undefeated run of five months in the league, being just the tip of the iceberg.

I’ve followed the town for about 10 years now, on and off, but this year was different. It was the first time I really supported the club, and followed them home and away. The atmosphere around the club this past season has been immense, nothing like anything I’ve ever experienced before in football, especially not at this level. From the board, the manager, the boys themselves to the media officers and more who put in work behind the scenes, the overall ethos of the club is so strong and apparent to everyone who visits Bell Close. Everybody seems to really ‘get’ the club and what it’s about. The perfect balance of admirable respectability and raw passion for the game. The club creates an atmosphere that is contagiously attracting new fans as well as quality players who see the town as not only a great place to play their football, but as a club that can support them into developing into even better footballers. Just look at Danny Webb! These are the qualities that, from my uneducated eye, propel the town miles above any other club at this level of the game, on and off the pitch.

A shaky start to the season saw the town only gain a point from the first 8 league games, showing quality on occasions in cup matches, notably the 2-1 win over Hadleigh United in the Vase, the catalyst for Leighton to really push on with the season and turn their fortunes around. In the following three games in the league the town notched up 18 goals and grabbed their first three wins of the season. This being the start of a phenomenal unbeaten run in the league that stretched across five months.

Parallel to this new found success in the league was the FA vase run, in which the town managed to reach the quarter final, only to be defeated 4-3 in a competitive game at the hands of Kent-based Corinthian. Along the FA vase journey were many of my favourite moments from the season. The highlight being Ashton Campbell’s heroism in Cambridgeshire as he latched on to the end of a peach of a pass over the top courtesy of Ben Pattie, in the last minute of tie and tucked away the winner! Not of course forgetting the two he scored before to get us back to 3-3 anyway! I get goosebumps just typing about it.

For me the best performance of the season was the following vase game, all the way in Wiltshire, against a table topping Bradford Town. From Brad’s impeccable display in the sticks, James Towell’s man-of-the-match winning performance and wonder strike, the town had really shown another level to their game with every man on the pitch in red and white giving everything they could. Dave Murphy even managed to refrain from getting booked!

Personally I think it is near impossible to name a player of the year. Every player is in contention. Webby leading the charts with his goals, Jordan Frederick’s immense captaincy and Carl Resch returning from injury better than ever to name just a few outstanders, but I really could go on all night!

Despite an unforeseen end to the season, I still consider the past 9 months a huge success for Leighton Town, not only due to the performance of the team in both league and cup, but the potential for success in coming years that has been highlighted this term. Hard work into the club and a new wave of support puts the town in a very, very exciting position for the coming seasons, and I personally, cannot wait.

19 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

An excellent summary of the 2019/20 from a Leighton Town supporter, Joes couldn't have put it better himself:

A FANS VIEW OF LEIGHTONS 2019/20 SEASON

The past 12 months have been a whirlwind for just about everyone, especially as a Leighton Town fan. The dire start to the season and the anxiety that came with it to the highs of the FA Vase run and the staggering undefeated run of five months in the league, being just the tip of the iceberg.

I’ve followed the town for about 10 years now, on and off, but this year was different. It was the first time I really supported the club, and followed them home and away. The atmosphere around the club this past season has been immense, nothing like anything I’ve ever experienced before in football, especially not at this level. From the board, the manager, the boys themselves to the media officers and more who put in work behind the scenes, the overall ethos of the club is so strong and apparent to everyone who visits Bell Close. Everybody seems to really ‘get’ the club and what it’s about. The perfect balance of admirable respectability and raw passion for the game. The club creates an atmosphere that is contagiously attracting new fans as well as quality players who see the town as not only a great place to play their football, but as a club that can support them into developing into even better footballers. Just look at Danny Webb! These are the qualities that, from my uneducated eye, propel the town miles above any other club at this level of the game, on and off the pitch.

A shaky start to the season saw the town only gain a point from the first 8 league games, showing quality on occasions in cup matches, notably the 2-1 win over Hadleigh United in the Vase, the catalyst for Leighton to really push on with the season and turn their fortunes around. In the following three games in the league the town notched up 18 goals and grabbed their first three wins of the season. This being the start of a phenomenal unbeaten run in the league that stretched across five months.

Parallel to this new found success in the league was the FA vase run, in which the town managed to reach the quarter final, only to be defeated 4-3 in a competitive game at the hands of Kent-based Corinthian. Along the FA vase journey were many of my favourite moments from the season. The highlight being Ashton Campbell’s heroism in Cambridgeshire as he latched on to the end of a peach of a pass over the top courtesy of Ben Pattie, in the last minute of tie and tucked away the winner! Not of course forgetting the two he scored before to get us back to 3-3 anyway! I get goosebumps just typing about it.

For me the best performance of the season was the following vase game, all the way in Wiltshire, against a table topping Bradford Town. From Brad’s impeccable display in the sticks, James Towell’s man-of-the-match winning performance and wonder strike, the town had really shown another level to their game with every man on the pitch in red and white giving everything they could. Dave Murphy even managed to refrain from getting booked!

Personally I think it is near impossible to name a player of the year. Every player is in contention. Webby leading the charts with his goals, Jordan Frederick’s immense captaincy and Carl Resch returning from injury better than ever to name just a few outstanders, but I really could go on all night!

Despite an unforeseen end to the season, I still consider the past 9 months a huge success for Leighton Town, not only due to the performance of the team in both league and cup, but the potential for success in coming years that has been highlighted this term. Hard work into the club and a new wave of support puts the town in a very, very exciting position for the coming seasons, and I personally, cannot wait.

?

You know the supporter AlwaysLeighton?

22 hours ago, Savagebee said:

?

You know the supporter AlwaysLeighton?

I do know of him, comes across as a really, really nice young lad. This season he’s followed us to pretty much every game, with a couple of other young lads, one of which does the reports, Twitter and Programmes. They even took Brad Kirkwood with them to an away game after he broke his fingers! ?

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 01:53, Rhodes said:

In 2017/18 Brimscombe & Thrupp (3-1), Leverstock Green (2-0), Burnham Ramblers (1-0), London Lions (1-0), Gorleston (4-2), Norwich CBS (5-2) and Wolverhampton Sporting Community (4-3) were taken care of before they fell 1-0 to 1874 Northwich at Bell Close 

Match reports from the 2017/18 FA Vase Second Round tie with London Lions at Bell Close on 11 November 2017 where Leighton Town left it late to win 1-0:

https://www.londonlions.com/fixture/v-leighton-town-fa-vase/

https://www.thejc.com/sport/football/lions-13-11-1.447895

12 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I do know of him, comes across as a really, really nice young lad. This season he’s followed us to pretty much every game, with a couple of other young lads, one of which does the reports, Twitter and Programmes. They even took Brad Kirkwood with them to an away game after he broke his fingers! ?

Part of the future of the club im sure ?

Edited by Savagebee

5 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Part of the future of the club im sure ?

I’d certainly like to think so. It’s great to see young 17-18 year old lads actually want to help out and volunteer at our football club! You don’t get that really very often, especially to the level of dedication these boys go to! 

Just now, Winslow Boy said:

You on Twitter sb?

No i just Have a look at a few clubs twitter pages every few days if I get the chance.

As posted on the Tring Athletic thread yesterday there is also an on-line Local Gym & Fitness page on Leighton Town which is very informative about the Club and right up to date by the looks of it as it appears to automatically pull through all of the posts from the Club's Facebook page including the article posted earlier by the young fan Ben Davage. The Club also made a generous £1000 donation to a Local Charity, the Leighton Linslade Homeless Service, to support their work with the homeless in the town and their foodbank:

https://www.localgymsandfitness.com/GB/Leighton-Buzzard/1583088508623552/Home-Of-Leighton-Town-FC

103940808_1120000501711513_6360134796002

It's interesting looking back on this old thread from the start of the 2017/18 season with people mocking Scott Reynolds little knowing that he would lead Leighton Town to fourth in the table, it could have been higher however the Club only managed to get two points from their final four league games. In addition Scott took them to the FA Vase Quarter Finals and, as we know, was unlucky to lose to 1874 Northwich at Bell Close:

34 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Scott was not the man to take Leighton forward ultimately. Look where he his now.

Ouch!

Edited by Rhodes

Stingray posted this on that old thread which gives the impression he is a Leighton Town fan, I did not realise that, I wonder why he wanted two 0-0 draws with Welwyn Garden City, as it was they beat Leighton Town twice that season and just a month apart, 2-0 at Bell Close on 5 April and 3-2 at Herns Lane on 5 May:

Only just seen this as I've been away and had to miss the AGM :(

Let's face it, could it REALLY get any worse after the last five seasons? I'll settle for 14th and two 0-0 draws with Welwyn :)

31 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Quite the Photo isn’t it! 

So many great photos and videos came out of this season, nice to look back on some really good and fond memories!

Yes, it is, Tring Athletic at Cow Lane isn't it, the guy behind the net is sort of ducking as the ball goes in and is that other guy inside the ground or outside, looking over the wall.

29 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, it is, Tring Athletic at Cow Lane isn't it, the guy behind the net is sort of ducking as the ball goes in and is that other guy inside the ground or outside, looking over the wall.

Haha, the guys behind the goal went crazy! And yes, the other guy is behind the wall. If I recall, there were 3 guys behind the wall watching the rugby on the pitch behind and they were the ones who captured the video of said goal!!