Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 21:00, Rhodes said:

A different album to that posted earlier with over 200 photographs from the Wolverhampton Sporting Community v Leighton Town FA Vase Fifth Round tie on 10 February 2018 which Leighton Town won 4-3 in thrilling fashion:  

Wolverhampton Sporting CFC v Leighton Town

AlwaysLeighton - I think this is a really great photo of Alex O'Brien calmly slotting home the penalty at Wolverhampton Sporting Community to give you the 4--3 lead, he was as cool as a cucumber wasn't he and it was a great win in an alien and hostile environment deep in the Black Country, were you there:

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/teams/11587/match-centre/0-3954770/report

37 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - I think this is a really great photo of Alex O'Brien calmly slotting home the penalty at Wolverhampton Sporting Community to give you the 4--3 lead, he was as cool as a cucumber wasn't he and it was a great win in an alien and hostile environment deep in the Black Country, were you there:

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/teams/11587/match-centre/0-3954770/report

I was there and yes he really was cool as they come. A real talent and a servant to the club over the years. 

A really strange place WSC, like you say, hostile. Lye Town in the Vase when we lost 4-0 the following season after being re-instated was similar! Very hostile! 

Hopefully we’ll have some even better photos next season, I’m really looking forward to it now! 

This is quite amusing, not sure why Aylesbury United fans keep such a close eye on Bell Close but they seem to rate Joe Sweeney, then again who doesn't, he's such a great Manager for you and hope he will stay long term:

http://www.aufcforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2043.0

10 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I was there and yes he really was cool as they come. A real talent and a servant to the club over the years. 

AlwaysLeighton - You must have been really disappointed to lose Alex O'Brien to Arlesey Town during the 2018/19 season after only playing eight games, why did he leave Bell Close out of interest after making an amazing 56 appearances in 2017/18, he played in all 40 league games and all cup ties in the FA Cup, FA Vase, Challenge Trophy, Premier Division Cup and Bedfordshire Senior Cup that season didn't he under Scott Reynolds who I'm sure has already tried to persuade him to come to Stratford Fields.

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - You must have been really disappointed to lose Alex O'Brien to Arlesey Town during the 2018/19 season after only playing eight games, why did he leave Bell Close out of interest after making an amazing 56 appearances in 2017/18, he played in all 40 league games and all cup ties in the FA Cup, FA Vase, Challenge Trophy, Premier Division Cup and Bedfordshire Senior Cup that season didn't he under Scott Reynolds who I'm sure has already tried to persuade him to come to Stratford Fields.

I wasn’t actually that disappointed personally. The 18/19 season was somewhat of a ‘nothing’ season. After a poor start under Nicholls, we were never going to compete. So losing him wasn’t a blow for me to be honest. I think now, we are better than ever and far stronger.

That's great, £54,000 isn't to be sniffed at is it:

In these difficult circumstances that we are all going through it is always a real lift to hear some good news for once.

The Executive Committee at Leighton Town FC are thrilled to announce that another important step towards rebuilding our club both on and off the pitch has been achieved.

We received fantastic news recently that our applications for funding to carry out major refurbishment to the club’s facilities have been successful. The club is to receive £54,000 in funding, which is made up from money secured by Central Bedfordshire Council from new local housing developments and also a Community Asset Grant.

The work which starts later this month will include the installation of a brand-new disabled toilet facility along with disabled access to the grounds. The other toilet facilities in the club will also be completely refurbished. The function hall will receive new flooring and the main bar will have the ceiling and lighting replaced. The club’s roof has been patched up for a long time and this funding will also help to replace the section that is close to collapsing. On top of this we hope to redecorate as much of the club as we can afford from our own resources.

This was a very competitive process and huge thanks must go to Sean Downey and Steve Harris who have worked extremely hard behind the scenes to prepare the bid and establish support for our plans to access this important stream of funding. “This is great news for our club” said Director of Football Sean Downey. “At the last AGM I promised our members that we would do everything we could to access funding to improve our disability facilities and I am so pleased that we are finally able to carry out this important work. We are a community focused club and we want the best facilities possible to allow all our supporters, hirers and other users to enjoy their time at the club, whether this be playing for or supporting the teams, participating in classes and community activities or attending social functions in the hall.

As the town grows it is important that we keep our social hubs strong, well maintained and vibrant. This is not just about football it is about community”

Vice Chairman and Financial Controller Steve Harris added: “We would like to put on record our thanks to a number of people and organisations that have supported us in our bid. These include Councillor Brian Spurr and his excellent colleagues at Central Bedfordshire Council and the Rotary Club; their advice and support have been extremely helpful and hugely appreciated by both Sean and me during this process”

Thanks in advance must also go to John Turner who will play a key role in project managing the work. Huge thanks John. Work is due to begin later this month.

Our Town: Our Team: Our Community.

Best wishes to all
The Executive Committee at Leighton Town FC

AlwaysLeighton - I take it you saw these photographs from Corinthian posted on the FA Vase Sixth Round thread, you can probably spot yourself in the crowd which I thought was really poor considering the occasion, only 351, what did you think:

Corinthian FC

A third album to the two posted earlier with more photographs from the 2017/18 Wolverhampton Sporting Community v Leighton Town FA Vase Fifth Round tie on 10 February 2018 which Leighton Town won 4-3 in thrilling fashion, it seems like the only photographer not at Pride Park that day was David Bailey:

Wolverhampton Sporting Community FC

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 01:53, Rhodes said:

Photographs from the Leighton Town v Norwich CBS FA Vase Fourth Round tie at Bell Close on 6 January 2018

YouTube action from the tie:

Edited by Rhodes

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - I take it you saw these photographs from Corinthian posted on the FA Vase Sixth Round thread, you can probably spot yourself in the crowd which I thought was really poor considering the occasion, only 351, what did you think:

Corinthian FC

I have done and spotted myself in a few... ;)

Yes, a very poor overall attendance, but a fantastic attendance from ourselves. Easily 250 of that crowd made the trip from Leighton Buzzard, and that would’ve been about 300 if it hadn’t of been called off the week before! Should’ve seen wetherspoons in the high street on the 29th, was full to the brim of Leighton people going to the game! 

Corinthian ultimately are a very small club in the middle of nowhere, however, have lovely facilities, that’s about the only nice thing I would say about them...

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Corinthian FC

2 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I have done and spotted myself in a few... ;)

Yes, a very poor overall attendance, but a fantastic attendance from ourselves. Easily 250 of that crowd made the trip from Leighton Buzzard, and that would’ve been about 300 if it hadn’t of been called off the week before! Should’ve seen wetherspoons in the high street on the 29th, was full to the brim of Leighton people going to the game! 

Corinthian ultimately are a very small club in the middle of nowhere, however, have lovely facilities, that’s about the only nice thing I would say about them...

I hope that's not you not watching the game and on your mobile phone AlwaysLeighton? ?

Photographs from Leighton Town v Aylesbury, at Bell Close on 14 March 2015, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2014/15, resulting in a 1-1 stalemate with Mark Bunker netting first for the hosts. Aylesbury reached the play offs that season but lost to Bedworth Town in the semi final, they beat Leighton Town 8-1 in the reverse fixture at Haywood Way on 9 September 2014:

Leighton Town 1-1 Aylesbury FC

Connor Calcutt has signed on the dotted line at Bell Close from Eynesbury Rovers, although still only 26 Watford born Connor is already quite a journeyman and his previous Club's include Hemel Hemstead Town where he started out as a youngster, Berkhamsted, St Albans City, Stevenage, Wealdstone, Dunstable Town, Barton Rovers, Farnborough, Hendon, Bedford Town and Eynesbury Rovers. Whilst at Berkhamsted in 2013/14 he netted 41 times in 52 appearances and 31 times in 43 outings for Barton Rovers in 2016/17, I wonder if we will soon be saying Danny Who:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "CONNOR CALCUTT SIGNS! LEIGHTON WN F.C. LEIGHTON TOWN FC"

Leighton Town have welcomed Danny Webb into the fold with open arms and here is a really nice interview with the great man for 'Tudor TV':

https://www.hemelfc.com/post/danwebb

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "CONNOR CALCUTT SIGNS! LEIGHTON WN F.C. LEIGHTON TOWN FC"

That could be great signing for Leighton Town FC still only 26 he seems to have been around a long time.

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

That could be great signing for Leighton Town FC still only 26 he seems to have been around a long time.

Absolutely brilliant signing! What a talent with real pedigree. We announced to former pro’s yesterday in Ben Pattie and connor! Webby who???

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Absolutely brilliant signing! What a talent with real pedigree. We announced to former pro’s yesterday in Ben Pattie and connor! Webby who???

Ex QPR? And Hemel Hempstead Town?