Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

A much sought after ticket for next Tuesday's FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie between Leighton Town and Hellenic League Division One East Abingdon United at Sharpenhoe Road, I wonder who the lucky owner is:

Billede

I wonder what AlwaysLeighton makes of the fixtures, looking at this graphic it all looks perfectly manageble considering the late start however it's still a crying shame not to have any domestic SSML Cup and County Cup competitions this season. Incase anyone is wondering Leighton Town have a bye to the Second Round proper stage of the FA Vase due to reaching the Fourth Round the previous season so there is every chance they could emulate last season's exploits as well as that of 2017/18 under Scott Reynolds, Eynesbury Rovers also receive the same bye:

Billede

On 31/08/2020 at 12:50, Rhodes said:

I wonder what AlwaysLeighton makes of the fixtures, looking at this graphic it all looks perfectly manageble considering the late start however it's still a crying shame not to have any domestic SSML Cup and County Cup competitions this season. Incase anyone is wondering Leighton Town have a bye to the Second Round proper stage of the FA Vase due to reaching the Fourth Round the previous season so there is every chance they could emulate last season's exploits as well as that of 2017/18 under Scott Reynolds, Eynesbury Rovers also receive the same bye:

Billede

I THink the fixtures are truly fantastic, October wil see us 6 points clear 

A no nonsense win for Leighton Town last night (1 September) at Sharpenhoe Road against Hellenic League Division One East Abingdon United in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, what a game we have on our hands in the Preliminary Round at Preston Park on 12 September:

Leighton Town 3-0 Abingdon Utd

With work still on-going at Bell Close after a £54,000 grant in July, Town entertained Abingdon United at Sharpenhoe Road (Home of Barton Rovers), in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round.
Town came into the game after a strong pre-season, with 4 wins and 2 draws, the draws coming against higher level opposition.
The game got underway and Town immediately set out on the front foot, Ashton Campbell causing the visitors problems early on, our wide on the left.
Town nearly shot themselves in the foot with 9 minutes on the clock, as Abingdon’s striker broke clear of the backline, but was denied from a one-on-one by the big palms of resident shot-stopper, Brad Kirkwood.
Carl Resch seemed to pick up an injury midway through the first period and he was replaced by the versatile, Alfie Osborne.
Abingdon’s 11 was the first name in the referee’s book for a nasty challenge on Kirkwood, just before Ashton Campbell drilled a strike into the palms of the visitors goalkeeper.
On 37 minutes though, Town found a breakthrough. A whipped cross from Tom Silford found the feet of Archie McClelland, who slotted home from inside the area, to put Town one-nil up!
Like Buses, it was two just four minutes later! This time a brilliant ball fired in low from James Towell was converted by the lively McClelland again!
Town continued to apply pressure in the second half, with Connor Calcutt going close just after the restart!
James Towell could’ve opened his account for the season when he fired a cracker of a strike from the edge of the box just wide!
The skipper, Jordon Frederick, entered the referee’s pocket-book on 55 minutes after a late challenge in the centre of the park and just 10 minutes later, Connor Calcutt followed suit, but no-one in the ground understood why.
With the game looking comfortable for Town to see it, Sweeney and Copson looked to the bench. Ashton Campbell was replaced by Brian Foulger.
On 77 minutes, James Towell did open his account for the season! He found himself in space on the edge once again and curled a beautiful finish into the bottom right corner!
Archie McClelland, who had a fantastic evening, was replaced by fan favourite, Ben Pattie just after, as he made his Town bow for the new season!
Pattie himself had a couple of half chances from the edge of the area, one a trademark curler, but it was straight at the goalkeeper.
The visitors applied some pressure as the game played out, Dave Murphy having to clear off of the line after a succession of corners.
However, Town did enough to see themselves win comfortably, defeating the Hellenic Division One side, three goals to nil!
Town will travel to Harefield United, also of the SSML Premier Division, in the preliminary round. This tie will be played on Saturday 12th September, a 3pm Kick Off.

Edited by Rhodes

On 30/08/2020 at 20:17, Rhodes said:

Some YouTube action from yesterday's (29 August) friendly beteeen Southern League Division One Central Thame United and Leighton Town at the ASM Stadium, Leighton Town found themselves 2-0 in arrears after only half an hour and at the interval however fought themselves back into the game during the second period with two goals from Connor Calcutt and an equaliser in stoppage time. Thame United could have wrapped the game up at 2-1 when they were awarded a penalty however the trialist goalkeeper saved it with his feet having come on shortly before for Brad Kirkwood:

Nice photographs from that pre-season game at Thame United on Saturday 29 August:

Thame Utd v Leighton Town

Photographs from Thame United and Leighton Town again, this time in a 2019/20 FA Cup Preliminary Round tie on Saturday 24 August 2019 resulting in a pulsating 3-3 stalemate, Leighton Town won the replay at Bell Close 2-1:

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/teams/11587/match-centre/0-4631039/report

Thame Utd v Leighton Town (FA Cup)

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

BIG FA Cup game for Town as we go to Harefield for an all FA Cup tie. 

Predictions? I’m going 3-2 Town! 

418E89AE-7F0C-44FA-A308-A0E9BE5A0330.png

Goals galore I'm predicting ?

Surprise and sad news from Bell Close:

It is with regret that the club announces the resignation of our Chairman Alan Penman.

Due to the impact of the Coronavirus Alan has been forced to spend more time on his business, making it difficult for him to support the club in the way he wishes to. The Executive Committee would like to thank Alan for all his support and his contributions to the club over the past two seasons. Alan leaves with the good wishes of everyone at Leighton Town FC and knows that he will always be welcome here.

Vice-Chairman Steve Harris will take up the position of Acting Chairman as the club seeks to appoint a new Chairman as soon as possible. Interested parties should contact Steve Harris on steve@sharrisandco.co.uk

As with all non- league clubs the current climate is a challenging one for the club. However, we are in a healthy position both on and off the field of play and we remain committed to our short, medium- and long-term goals. We look forward to seeing the return of our supporters to Bell Close before the end of the month to enjoy what will be, transformed facilities.

The Executive Committee at Leighton Town FC

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/news/chairman-steps-down-due-to-work-commitments-2565966.html?fbclid=IwAR0KzUy_XjFf1N3lCpd8OsXYDj6Zx-XMfwXGK5B30aa62z5C9MoNB-_8VZg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Eynesbury Rovers have banned ALL Leighton supporters from the game tomorrow. ALL supporters.

AlwaysLeighton - You somehow managed to get in at the Brache didn't you so it shouldn't be a problem tomorrow, it does seem rather harsh though presumably due to the FA Vase Fourth Round tie last season. Where's your report from Saturday's FA Cup tie with Leiston by the way, are you still penning it and explaining why Connor Calcutt only came on with seven minutes remaining.

2 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Eynesbury Rovers have banned ALL Leighton supporters from the game tomorrow. ALL supporters.

5BC30A9E-BD92-48AC-B3A7-85C0EEEB5AC1.jpeg

??

No, we are banned, I am banned, we’re all banned. I am not surprised they’ve made this decision as they always threw all blame at us, however, I think 5 or so people that caused issue, who the club took action again, means all Leighton supporters get banned? I think that’s completely out of order and unacceptable and look forward to seeing the outcome against Eynesbury. 

Saturday was a fantastic day to be a Leighton Town supporter off the pitch, amazing support and brilliant to see so many faces enjoying watching their local side. The support was brilliant. On the pitch, we were okay, worked hard, just the first 15 minutes let us down. Connor should’ve come on earlier yes, however, it would’ve been difficult for even him to make an impact. 

48 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

No, we are banned, I am banned, we’re all banned. I am not surprised they’ve made this decision as they always threw all blame at us, however, I think 5 or so people that caused issue, who the club took action again, means all Leighton supporters get banned? I think that’s completely out of order and unacceptable and look forward to seeing the outcome against Eynesbury. 

It's the world we live in now ? #Ajudgedreddworld?

Hope Leighton Town stuff em!

On 01/03/2020 at 21:11, Rhodes said:

I have only just seen the video from the shocking scenes at the Eynesbury Rovers v Leighton Town FA Vase Fourth Round tie, I initially thought it was just handbags at dawn but it really kicked off big time didn't it, like the good, sorry, bad old days of the 1970's:

AlwaysLeighton - Eynesbury Rovers don't want a repeat of these scenes at Hall Road tomorrow evening which is understandable but I gather Leighton Town identified and dealt with the handful of trouble makers that day who turned out to be some local 'chavs' didn't it. It appears Eynesbury Rovers Chairman Matt Plumb has held a grudge ever since 11 January and has possibly planned for this moment as the League game at Hall Road last season wasn't played, it's surprising as I always thought Mr Plumb was a reasonable man and actually felt sorry for him when Mark Ducket stabbed him in the back, coincidentally shortly after the FA Vase 4th Round tie in January.

13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - Eynesbury Rovers don't want a repeat of these scenes at Hall Road tomorrow evening which is understandable but I gather Leighton Town identified and dealt with the handful of trouble makers that day who turned out to be some local 'chavs' didn't it. It appears Eynesbury Rovers Chairman Matt Plumb has held a grudge ever since 11 January and has possibly planned for this moment as the League game at Hall Road last season wasn't played, it's surprising as I always thought Mr Plumb was a reasonable man and actually felt sorry for him when Mark Ducket stabbed him in the back, coincidentally shortly after the FA Vase 4th Round tie in January.

Yes, the club did do that and handed out lifetime bans from the club to certain individuals, so I’m told.

I understand they don’t want a repeat of those scenes, neither does our club. You’ve got to remember that Eynesbury are not blameless in this. Their own supporters didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory and let’s not forget just how badly Eynesbury prepared for a game of this stature. Neither are Leighton of course, but Eynesbury are not perfect or victims in this. They need to start taking some responsibility.

Mr Plumb said a few things to the local paper I don’t agree with as well as a few things online after the game, therefore, I don’t think he’s a pleasant bloke. 

Ducket quitting just 3 days later will always be a funny moment to be a Leighton Town fan!

Hope we win 4-3 tonight and Ashton Campbell scores the winner again.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Yes, the club did do that and handed out lifetime bans from the club to certain individuals, so I’m told.

I understand they don’t want a repeat of those scenes, neither does our club. You’ve got to remember that Eynesbury are not blameless in this. Their own supporters didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory and let’s not forget just how badly Eynesbury prepared for a game of this stature. Neither are Leighton of course, but Eynesbury are not perfect or victims in this. They need to start taking some responsibility.

Mr Plumb said a few things to the local paper I don’t agree with as well as a few things online after the game, therefore, I don’t think he’s a pleasant bloke. 

Ducket quitting just 3 days later will always be a funny moment to be a Leighton Town fan!

Hope we win 4-3 tonight and Ashton Campbell scores the winner again.

collective blame,” ?

No need for it. Way over the top.