Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

Stotfold

Recommended Posts

Stotfold are looking forward to moving into their new Stadium at the Arlesey Road Recreation Ground as from 1 February, I gather the first game at the stadium will be on Saturday 8 February when they entertain Shefford Town & Campton in a SSML Division One fixture. Yesterday's Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Semi Final was the penultimate game at Roker Park, where Stotfold have played since 1965, and I am assuming that there will be a bumper gate on Tuesday evening for the visit of high flying New Salamis:

https://www.stotfoldfc.co.uk/

EO_aQgQX4AIHpLA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a crying shame, Stotfold's final game at Roker Park this evening against New Salamis has sadly failed a late pitch inspection and is off, apparently 95% of the pitch is perfectly playable however the other 5%, in the goal mouth at the park end is still wet and deemed as 'dangerous' by the inspecting Official. Surely more effort could have been made by the Club to get the game on, taking into account the occasion and the large crowd expected this evening, as I don't believe it has rained since last night. Anyway goodbye Roker Park :bigcry:, it's a pity there couldn't be a more fitting farewell after 55 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - Do you mean Sunderland or Stotfold out of interest. Regarding Stotfold's unfortunate postponement tonight, have they not heard of sand, surely they could have put loads of it down in the goal mouth area at the park end, they had all day to do so before the late pitch inspection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:56, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Do you mean Sunderland or Stotfold out of interest.

Both to be honest 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to all at Stotfold FC today on the opening of their new stadium for the match against Shefford Town & Campton:

Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A huge attendance of 644 packed into the New Roker Park last Saturday for the fixture with Shefford Town & Campton and what a game they were treated to with Stotfold winning 5-3. Two goals were scored by each side in the first three minutes, the visitors restored their lead on 24 minutes only for Stotfold to equalise again shortly afterwards. There was just no getting rid of a dogged Shefford Town & Campton side who were determined to be party poopers and they took the lead for a third time on 35 minutes holding out until the interval. Stotfold now had the wind in their favour and were having the lions share of play without success until the 67th minute when Kim Forsythe finally equalised, Robbie Buchanan made it 4-3 two minutes later and it was left to Josh Coley to finally put the game beyond the visitors reach on 90 minutes with a superb volley fitting of the occasion:

hBillede

https://www.stotfoldfc.co.uk/results.php?id=&yr=&mr=mr080220&scr=1&pg=results.php#mrpa

http://www.bedfordshirefa.com/news/2020/feb/10/stotfold-fc-open-new-roker-park-stadium

 

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...