Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Exeter £20,000??

Richard C

I had a lot of respect for the Grecians and their Trust but, despite their claims that they have been forced into this action, any respect and support from me has gone right up the spout. The members of the conference ie the clubs apparently have to contribute towards legal costs which, as mentioned, could run into tens of thousands. That is going to affect MY club, a club that has had nothing to do with the mis-management and incompetence of Exeter City personnel, whether past or present. Forget their CVA or 12 points deduction, chuck them out of the league altogether. This has really got my goat up. Carrot-crunching yokel b*st*rds.

Yeah very much agree this whole thing really stinks!

isn't this typical of a recently relegated football league club caughtwith their trousers down and expecting preferential treatment,I did have a bit of sympathy with their cause to begin with,still can't really see the point of the points deuction by the league,still kick the poor bastards when their down seems to be the leagues mentality.

As for Exeter's behaviour now well,they knew the ruls when they came into the Conference didn't they?

I am quite friendly with an Exeter supporter,and he's been arguing their case with quite eloquently,it's hard for me now to know what to say to him that wouldn't upset him, this is completely unjustifiable on Exeters part and now I really hope they lose.

All I can say is "Thank god we had the FA Cup run and the TV Coverage v Notts County, otherwise our Directors pockets really would be wearing thin. I can think of several other clubs for whom £20000 will push them extremely close to extinction, if not fully there (Leigh, Northwich and Margate particularly come to mind)

Quote:
I for one will not be going to Exeter for the away match, and I will pass the money that I save to the club if and when we do receive a bill.

is the the general attitude for our trip to Exeter.

A few of us are planning to make the trip ( especially as we missed the FA cup game ), could it be a bit lonely on the terraces ?