Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tring Athletic

Over 150 photos from Tring Athletic's FA Vase Second Qualifying Round tie, at Cow Lane on 21 September 2013, against Greenhouse London FC which Tring Athletic won 4-1 reaching the Third Round proper that 2013/2014 season before going down 1-0 at Ashford United: 

Tring Athletic 4 Greenhouse London 1 FA Vase  Second Qualifying Round

Here's a blast from the past, over 100 photographs and match report from Tring Athletic's 2009/10 FA Cup Preliminary Round tie with Slough Town, at Cow Lane on 29 August 2009, having beaten Barking away 3-2 in the Extra Preliminary Round. Southern League Division One Central Slough Town proved too strong on the day, winning 4-0 with Tring Athletic keeper Sam Mazurek keeping the score down, a red card also didn't help their cause:  

https://sloughtownfc.net/reports/4596

29-08-09 (FA Cup) Tring Athletic v Slough Town

Edited by Rhodes

YouTube action from Tring Athletic v Sun Sports in a 2016/17 SSML Premier Division fixture at Cow Lane on 25 February 2017, Sun Sports won 2-0:

YouTube action from Tring Athletic v Holmer Green in a 2014/15 FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie at Cow Lane on 16 August 2014. Holmer Green won a thrilling encounter 4-3, Taylor Collins with two and Vinnie Iannone were Tring's goal scorers:

• 5 weeks later...

Just to say that Kevin Christou has been appointed Manager of Heybridge Swifts Under 23 side, I gather Kevin has been out of work since leaving Cow Lane back in February, the team hope to compete in the competitive Isthmian Under 23's Development League North next season. Meanwhile I don't know whether anyone listened to this interview last month with Kevin and his trusted Assistant at Cow Lane Dan Tolley who both spill the beans on what actually happened at the Club back in February to cause it to implode in the way it did: 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvKpXXXXYdKE

Over 450 photographs from Berkhamsted v Tring Athletic in a Hertfordshire FA Charity Cup Semi Final last season, on Tuesday 16 April 2019 at Broadwater, Berkhamsted won 6-0 however Tring Athletic only trailed 1-0 at the interval:

Berkhamsted V Tring Athletic (6-0) (Hertfordshire Charity Cup Semi-Final) 16/04/2019

On 17/06/2020 at 21:34, Rhodes said:

Just to say that Kevin Christou has been appointed Manager of Heybridge Swifts Under 23 side, I gather Kevin has been out of work since leaving Cow Lane back in February, the team hope to compete in the competitive Isthmian Under 23's Development League North next season. Meanwhile I don't know whether anyone listened to this interview last month with Kevin and his trusted Assistant at Cow Lane Dan Tolley who both spill the beans on what actually happened at the Club back in February to cause it to implode in the way it did: 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvKpXXXXYdKE

* their version of what happened

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 11:39, Elmo said:

As an ex committee member of tring myself I will have my two peneth worth to this debate.

an email with documents that were gonna be presented to the egm at the end of February, was sent to all club members in advance of meeting, in those documents was a list of 12 names, including players and coaches who along with ex chairman Wells proposing to replace the whole of the existing committee with a new executive committee, one of which was manager Kevin christou!! Now whatever people think of the current committee, these are hard working good people who have put everything including their own money into running tring the right way over the past 20/30 years , running in the black without overstretching the finances, this season tring upped its player budget to probably the highest in the division and its current league position is testament to that,  now as far as I know the budget was being overspent and had to be bought back into line, which is what happened.

the crunch of it is, once the proposed new actions of mr wells was know, the club had no option but to relieve Kevin of his duties and imho had no other option!

now Kevin is a good guy and his team have been superb this season and I genuinely hope he gets another job soon and all the players get sorted also, a great bunch of guys.

but as far as I can see the current committee had no other choice but to remove everyone involved. It’s all very well trying to move the club forward and as a supporter I would love to see the club in the southern league but not at the cost of crippling the club financially. 

TringArmy - Wasn't this what happened then back in February that Elmo summarised so well in his post

On 19/06/2020 at 17:31, Rhodes said:

TringArmy - Wasn't this what happened then back in February that Elmo summarised so well in his post

Not far off it although there are a few more things to it ( but not for discussion on here!) 

The plan is to grow the club with financial security. There seemed to be a thought that southern league football would suddenly mean our crowds double or treble doesn’t add up for me. It hasn’t happened for any of the other clubs recently promoted (Berko may have been the exception but top of the league helps) We’ve always had a core support at the upper end of the SSML 70-100 most games & hoping to grow that each season which is happening but slowly. A target of conference football in 5 years? Sounds great but unless you have someone piling in cash by the bucket load, that isn’t happening in Tring. 

On 19/06/2020 at 20:55, Savagebee said:

A good session, organised well with all social distancing observed, small groups per coach etc. Very lucky to have access to such a large area for training using 3+ pitches. 

Think I’m already down to 4th or 5th choice keeper although I still showed the youngsters how to do it ?

21 minutes ago, tringarmy said:

A good session, organised well with all social distancing observed, small groups per coach etc. Very lucky to have access to such a large area for training using 3+ pitches. 

Think I’m already down to 4th or 5th choice keeper although I still showed the youngsters how to do it ?

?

This was a nice article wasn't it going back to 7 July 2011 on this old thread about Tring Athletic that was initiated by the resignation of Phil Casserley at Cow Lane in June 2011 and the appointment of Julian Robinson, aka Wisezola on the Forum:

http://lyonwill.blogspot.com/2011/07/tring-athletic-fc.html

Edited by Rhodes

A nice photograph of the Tring Athletic Vets team taken in June 2012, some interesting faces from back in the day:

Billede

Not sure who it is on the back row 2nd from right, but virtually everyone else must have had 300+ appearances for the club.

Top left to right - Steve Johnson (523) Andy Mullins (164)  Dave Foskett (754) Ian Butler (now chairman 709 ) Me (300ish & another 700+ unused subs!) Stuart Dye, John Perry (379) , ? Jamie McBeath

Front : Neil Foskett, Ian Ranger  (374) Matt Strange (364) Gary Langdale, Jamie Robbins (463)  Tony Mendicino, Andy Playle

Tring Athletic have produced a summer newsletter, there are a lot of advertisements to keep their sponsors sweet but it's worth a read. More interestingly there is an on-line Local Gym & Fitness page which is very informative about the Club and right up to date with plans for the new campaign, I see that the Reserve team will be playing in the Hertfordshire Senior County League and will be Managed by Chairman Ian Butler, it doesn't indicate which division they will be placed in but maybe TringArmy knows. There is also an old team photograph from the 1983/84 season with more familiar faces including Ian Butler:

https://issuu.com/tringafc/docs/club_update_f429432f3cb4c6/1?ff

https://www.localgymsandfitness.com/GB/Tring/645780845448045/Tring-Athletic-Football-Club

90692665_4216723625020398_7232367035429158912_n.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

Thanks for that link Rhodes, the website seems to pull through all of our posts from the club Facebook page. Good to see some of my spot the ball & guess the player pictures!

Not heard about Herts County League placing - I suspect we’d start in D1 subject to which other teams emerge after football can start again. Don’t believe they’ve had their AGM yet. Suburban League was great but a huge amount of travel for a reserve side with regular trips round the M25 to Kent, Surrey etc

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 10:13, tringarmy said:

Suburban League was great but a huge amount of travel for a reserve side with regular trips round the M25 to Kent, Surrey etc

TringArmy  Yes, it must have been quite competitive in the Suburban League Premier Division after winning the far more local Central Division last season and costly too with the amount of travelling involved to far flung places like Aldershot, Lingfield, Woking, Sevenoaks and Maidstone. I found some photos from the game at Maidstone United Development on 18 January this year which you lost 5-0:

Maidstone Utd U23's vs Tring Athletic FC Reserves