Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 8 February - Results & Reports

On 07/02/2020 at 13:32, Rhodes said:

Well I know he is 'plying his trade', and I use the term loosely, at Edgware Town v Dunstable Town tomorrow but it must be getting boring for readers by now. Some interesting fixtures tomorrow, I wonder what sort of crowd they will get at Stotfold for the first game at the new Roker Park, I hope they will print plenty of programmes.

Must be boring for you.

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:
Saturday 8 February
Premier Division
Oxhey Jets 4 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 2

2 goals for Oxhey Jets Nicholas Kerley which now takes him in to double figures for the season.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:
Saturday 8 February
Division One
Stotfold 5 Shefford Town & Campton 3

What a great start to life at there new ground for Stotfold FC and the attendance was a very decent 644.

On 07/02/2020 at 12:25, Rhodes said:
Saturday 8 February
Premier Division
Tring Athletic v Leverstock Green

Both sides of the story from Cow Lane:

https://www.tafc.co.uk/report-r.php?fixture_id=3740#photos

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/200208f/

9 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Must be boring for you.

Not at all, spectators should be made fully aware what they are letting themselves in for when they attend a game that you are Officiating at

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Not at all, spectators should be made fully aware what they are letting themselves in for when they attend a game that you are Officiating at

You have a point.

Definitely swell the attendance. 

On 08/02/2020 at 14:36, Rhodes said:

This could arguably be the SSML league game of the day with both teams on good form at present:

In a tight contest The 'Wares' came out on top to win 1-0.

Edgware are now 6th in the league with just 2 defeats in 15 COYW! 

Edited by GRS67

4 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

'Peter the Greek' were you running the line on Saturday at SJP? If so were you the one that Fergus shouted at up keep up with play, ?

Can't have been me that he was shouting at as I am always up with play. ?

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

'Peter the Greek' were you running the line on Saturday at SJP? If so were you the one that Fergus shouted at up keep up with play, ?

Fergus Moore #Nonleaguefootylegend if he shouts at you you have got to listen ?

Edited by Savagebee

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

I rest my case. A match report and photos from Dunstable Town's website, why didn't Dunstable Town play in their blue strip:

https://www.dunstabletownfc.co.uk/single-post/2020/02/10/Edgware-Town-10-Dunstable-Town

Edited by Rhodes

39 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I rest my case. A match report and photos from Dunstable Town's website, why didn't Dunstable Town play in their blue strip:

https://www.dunstabletownfc.co.uk/single-post/2020/02/10/Edgware-Town-10-Dunstable-Town

I wouldn't say Edgware were hanging on but to be fair Dunstable did put us under a lot of pressure in the final 5 /10 minutes the defense stood firm with makeshift center back former football league striker with over 300 goals, Scott McGleish a rock to earn a second clean sheet in a row! 

Edited by GRS67

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

What case is this that you rest?

7 hours ago, GRS67 said:

You're not wrong he made all of us junp and the poor lino looked like he'd just dropped one  ? ?

That would be the Assistant Referee in front of the Technical Areas so not me.

Never mind, Rhodes. Pick up your case as you cannot rest it on this occasion. 

19 hours ago, GRS67 said:

You're not wrong he made all of us junp and the poor lino looked like he'd just dropped one  ? ?

Ha Ha ? 

15 hours ago, petethegreek said:

You're correct that was the official I was talking about so if you were by the side of the stand it wouldn't have been you.. On this occasion Rhodes you're going to have to pick up your case and run with it ?

Edited by GRS67

On 10/02/2020 at 15:13, petethegreek said:

But GRS67 said that the Official in question wasn't keeping up with the play, the Assistant Referee is always stationary inside, or close to, the Technical Areas so it had to be one of the two linesmen.

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

But GRS67 said that the Official in question wasn't keeping up with the play, the Assistant Referee is always stationary inside, or close to, the Technical Areas so it had to be one of the two linesmen.

Give it up, Rhodes.

GRS67 has confirmed it was not me.