Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Yesterday’s match

Riverside Urchin

Excellent news thank you for clarifying. I have been a supporter for 20+ years and have never heard anything like that so I was shocked by the announcement.

Shame about the result I would have had Chris on earlier to see how he would play alongside Dan and Jamie. But let’s put this one behind us and look forward.

I was disappointed with Potters bar's reaction to what a players dad thought he heard we have a great away support which is very vocal, banter and abuse can be a fine line but racist comments don't play a part. Yesterday I heard what was said and it wasn't racist albeit it is not banter either in my opinion, see you Wednesday. Shame we are not talking about Jamie's goal 

This is the cleft-edged double sword of Damacles.
If it had been racist and Potters Bar did nothing they'd have been crucified.
On the other hand, for something this serious don't put it over the tannoy unless you're 100% certain.
I don't stand behind the goal but I do chat with those who do. I reckon if someone had made that kind of comment then the 40+ travelling Urchins would have been all over them.
And I read it was a player's parent. Every game I speak with several player's parents and they all seem level headed (except for Mikey who is a 'chin and hates Aveley) and all of them seem engaged with the entire holistic environment of Hornchurch FC. I can't see any of them making such a statement without 100% certainty and a whole heap of other people hearing the same thing.

100% would have called out anyone if that had occurred. More importantly a disappointing result, had more of the ball and their centre half should have been sent off but the dismal start to the game was too much to come back from.  Despite being 44, you can see the class of Cureton, his link of with Cunnington should produce plenty of goals.See you all soon, Tequila!

Until recently, I've gone to most away games for several years and stood with the rest of the guys behind the goal and I can categorically say that there's been no racist remarks made by anyone in that time, not a single one. No-one I know would even consider doing it.

Archived