Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Merstham v Enfield Town

seemgee

Well done everyone, great away win for Town this afternoon after our enforced winter break. Good to see four different names on our scoresheet today, and encouraging to note that three of the top teams in our division dropped points this afternoon, and the three teams immediately behind in the table all lost.

So, a number of positives from todays matches. Let's give credit and show appreciation for the result to Andy and the boys. Enjoy the win!   'UP THE TOWN'

Dominated the opening 20 minutes and were well worth our two goal lead. We then came under a fair bit of pressure. Nathan made two or three very good stops and we were forced to defend in numbers at times. Merstham deserved their  goal. 
However we controlled the second half and our third early in the second half took the wind out of the oppositions sales. A good performance and a good result which keeps us nicely in contention. 
I understand Shaun - who was watching from the sidelines hopes to be fit for next Saturday.  

A fair summation Richard. However I felt that we did not change our tactics as, clearly, Merstham changed theirs. They left three up front in the second half and we did not adapt. As they tired we came into it more in the later stages of second half. I felt that with better finishers Merstham could easily have gone in on top and taken the game early in the second.

Merstham are now third from bottom and may be facing relegation. We have to improve if we are to get into the play offs. We have to perform as we did in the first 20 minutes for 90 minutes. I flet that Hatton was superb until he got injured and that is when we came under pressure.

Is it me or is the league table not up to date??  According to the played grid we have played 29 games and should now have 51 points. 

Pleased to see another win achieve. Once again Steph makes a valid point we must maintain our form and keep up the  current  momentum.

Also,some seem to be concerned about whether Shaun is fit for week. But who will he replace I hope it it is Charles especially as he seems back to his scoring form? Also his pace is a great advantage to us now Mo has gone.

A pleasing solid team performance. Much better side on the day - we'll have tougher tests in the coming weeks.

Both forwards, Ken & Billy, looked sharp. Lewis was excellent again in the first half and Lyle took over in the second half. MoM for me was Sam Youngs for consistency throughout, though I agree Sam Hatton had a very good game.

Archived