Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

Buckingham Athletic

Posted (edited)

I see from the Sports Shots website that Buckingham Athletic's excellent supremo Neil Griffiths has decided to sadly step down at the end of the season after two years at the helm at Stratford Fields, Club Chairman Tony Checkley is inviting applicants for the vacant post with immediate effect so as the Club can hit the ground running next term. It says everything about Neil when he approached Mr Checkley last week and said he had decided to step down and wanted to give the Club as much time as possible to find a suitable replacement, unlike, for example, Mark Ducket at Eynesbury Rovers who walked out of the door in January without even saying goodbye to Chairman Matt Plumb after four years at Hall Road:

https://sportsshots.org.uk/2020/02/29/buckingham-athletic-fc-manager-to-step-down-in-summer/

xNeil-Griffiths.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yTo4_If

Edited by Rhodes

A messege from Buckingham Athletic Chairman Tony Checkley earlier this week:

I never thought as Chairman I would ever be in this position but It is with regret that the Buckingham Athletic Sports & Social Club committee have had to make the tough decision in closing the doors as from today until further notice.