Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buckingham Athletic

This was an interesting thread that Winslow Boy started in October 2017 after Buckingham Athletic had impressively reached the First Round proper of the FA Youth Cup against Northampton Town, at Stratford Fields on 2 November 2017, however the thread then suddenly died a death without even the result being put up, it also triggered Steve. f's one and only post who I assume was Buckingham Athletic's Under 18's Coach. Anyway, unfortunately Northampton Town proved too strong on the night winning 4-2 but not before Buckingham Athletic had taken a 19th minute lead through Tom Mcllroy and Ben Quay also equalised on 55 minutes after Athletic had fallen behind at 2-1, what an achievement: 

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/youth-team-pre-season/201718/november/buckingham-athletic/

Buckingham Athletic U18 v Northampton Town U18 FAYC

Ben Aqcuaye went on to set the league alight with rushden and diamonds and potentially could go even higher. The season that they had this Fa cup run I think he was up and around the top scorer list for division one. 

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy why are you not a fan of this lot? ?

6 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Winslow Boy why are you not a fan of this lot? ?

Local rivals mate, nearly signed for them twice back in the day though. Rivalry isn’t anywhere near as fierce as it was. Late 90’s up until very recently it was very fierce though. Usually draws biggest crowd in the league on the day and up there for the season. 

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Local rivals mate, nearly signed for them twice back in the day though. Rivalry isn’t anywhere near as fierce as it was. Late 90’s up until very recently it was very fierce though. Usually draws biggest crowd in the league on the day and up there for the season. 

Fare enough Winslow Boy.

Do you still play? Vets?

Winslow Boy - On the other thread you created in 2017 you mentioned this earlier FA Youth Cup Third Qualifying Round tie between Buckingham Athletic and Hampton & Richmond Borough, at Stratford Fields on 18 October 2017, which Buckingham Athletic won 7-1, here are some photos and a brief match report, I don't think Hampton & Richmond knew what had hit them that night. In the Second Qualifying Round Buckingham Athletic won 7-4 at Windsor after extra time, beat Flackwell Heath 3-1 at home in the First Qualifying Round and thrashed Oxhey Jets 7-0 in the Preliminary Round at Stratford Fields so it was a great run:

https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/u18s-bow-out-of-the-fa-youth-cup-2042438.html

Buckingham Athletic U18s v Hampton & Richmond U18s FAYC

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Fare enough Winslow Boy.

Do you still play? Vets?

Now and again. Looking for a decent vets team here to play a bit more regularly. Had a couple offers to come out of retirement (again!!!) for a step 6 and step 7 side, not a chance I’ll be anywhere near fit enough to play step 6, maybe their reserves. Contemplating the step 7 side, nice set up and decent side for that level. 39 in June though!! Just not sure I can do training and play every week with my schedule and injury record. 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 01:30, Rhodes said:

Scott Reynolds has been handed the reins at Stratford Fields by Chairman Tony Checkley as successor to Neil Griffiths, I wonder if the great man can repeat the success he had at Bell Close with Leighton Town:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/04/27/buckingham-athletic-reveal-scott-reynolds-as-new-manager/

Scott Reynolds backroom team has been finalised, the great man has brought in Ryan Gurton as his trusted assistant who is UEFA 'B' qualified and worked with Scott previously at Ardley United. Ashley Harris will be First Team Coach and is also UEFA 'B' qualified, he was at Leighton Town up until recently but I don't believe worked with Scott at Bell Close unlike new goalkeeping Coach Matt Moran who was with him at both Leighton Town and Aylesbury FC: 

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/05/11/new-buckingham-athletic-backroom-set-up-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR0LHtc97oOAdZZyDgcL2u-llnJo-jlbewDStBnWn2z5ivXtJl89FWTIC40

14 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Now and again. Looking for a decent vets team here to play a bit more regularly. Had a couple offers to come out of retirement (again!!!) for a step 6 and step 7 side, not a chance I’ll be anywhere near fit enough to play step 6, maybe their reserves. Contemplating the step 7 side, nice set up and decent side for that level. 39 in June though!! Just not sure I can do training and play every week with my schedule and injury record. 

Play for as long as you can that was the advice I was always given even though I don't play anymore apart from the odd kick about ? i turned out for a local Vets team in the 2018/19 season.

38 your a youngster ?

Step 7 is a nice level of footy as you rarely have midweek games ? + away games tend to be nice and local.

A lot of Vets teams don't bother to train anyway so that could also be the way forward.

Stopped playing regularly  because of study and career commitments when I was 20. Vets appeals and could do that for the next 5-10. Depending on what happens with covid I may have a run out on Saturday for one of these sides and see what happens, I’ll know in 5 minutes if I’m up to it ?

59 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Stopped playing regularly  because of study and career commitments when I was 20. Vets appeals and could do that for the next 5-10. Depending on what happens with covid I may have a run out on Saturday for one of these sides and see what happens, I’ll know in 5 minutes if I’m up to it ?

Go for it ?

Some of these Vets teams take it pretty damn serious when they step on to the pitch ?

Edited by Savagebee

Buckingham Athletic's food bank has been a huge success story hasn't it and you have to hand it to Chairman Tony Checkley for readily agreeing for the Clubhouse to be used during the crisis and whilst there has been no football at Stratford Fields:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/05/26/buckingham-athletic-fc-emergency-food-centre-153-parcels-delivered-still-going/

xSS_WebsiteImage_840w_x560H_BuckinghamAt

Yes great stuff. They have a gofundme to hell through the pandemic. If you can support the link is here

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-buckingham-athletic-through-the-pandemic?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Edited by Winslow Boy

I don't know whether these three food related funds are something Buckingham Athletic might be able to tap into, it is worth looking at to see whether the Club are eligible for the great work they have been doing of late (click on the heading and link):

Food Charity Fund

Defra has launched a Food Charities Grant Fund. If you run a front-line not-for-profit or charity that provides food, you may be eligible to apply for a grant to support your organisation to provide food to those who need it. Grants are from £30,000, up to a maximum of £100,000. Deadline for applications is 6th July 2020.

WRAP COVID-19 Emergency Surplus Food Grant

Funding is available to organisations redistributing food across England during the coronavirus outbreak, to help them cut food waste and redistribute surplus stock during the coronavirus outbreak.

Tesco - £30 million support for local communities. Bags of Help COVID-19 Community Fund grants of £500, including women’s refuges, food banks, hospices, homeless charities, social isolation groups, schools, charities supporting the elderly.

https://www.tescoplc.com/news/2020/covid-19-helping-the-communities-we-serve/

Edited by Rhodes

• 4 weeks later...

Good news from Stratford Fields:

We are pleased to announce that we will be starting the process to open the clubhouse from Saturday July 4.
As you can appreciate to ensure we are keeping you safe and following government guidelines we have had to bring in certain rules which will be different from the normal.
We are obviously looking forward to seeing you all please check out the guidelines below.

Image may contain: text

As posted on the Tring Athletic thread yesterday there is also an on-line Local Gym & Fitness page on Buckingham Athletic which is very informative about the Club and right up to date by the looks of it as it appears to automatically pull through all the posts from the Club's Facebook page including about the amazing foodbank and also Scott Reynolds arrival and plans for the new campaign:

https://www.localgymsandfitness.com/GB/Buckingham/1426643924276386/Buckingham-Athletic-Sports-%26-Social-Club

82907948_3120360078010454_33598477576815

Nice to see Stratford Fields packed to the rafters for a pre-season friendly visit of 'big boys' Milton Keynes Dons on Tuesday 4 July 2017, Milton Keynes Dons won 3-0:

Buckingham Athletic v MK Dons

Sorry to do this to Buckingham Athletic but over 100 photographs and a match report from another pre-season friendly visit to a packed Stratford Fields of 'big boys' Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday 18 July 2015, this time Milton Keynes Dons won 12-0:

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2015/july/report-buckingham-0-12-dons/

Buckingham Athletic v MK Dons

Photographs from Clean Slate v Buckingham Athletic in an all SSML Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup First Round tie, played at Ampthill Park on Saturday 13 September 2014, which Buckingham Athletic won comfortably 5-0 against their Division Two opponents who were to finish with the wooden spoon that season:

Clean Slate FC 

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Reynolds will have no excuses if results don't go his way early on will he playing on a surface like that however I heard on the grapevine that Scott has been struggling to sign the players he wants despite him arriving at Stratford Fields at the end of April:

Image may contain: cloud, sky, grass, tree, outdoor and nature

Edited by Rhodes