Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coronavirus - SSML

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I see that the Cambridgeshire FA, who I believe Eynesbury Rovers are partly affiliated to, have issued an interesting statement below and are polling all of their Club's on what should happen next. They have suggested that all County Cups are to be declared null and void this season and Club's will not need to pay an entry fee for next season. With regard to the League competitions, there are three options recommended, 1. play this season to its completion with a restart on or before 1 May, 2. apply points per game (ppg) to current tables, 3. declare the current campaign null and void altogether:

http://www.cambridgeshirefa.com/news/2020/mar/20/cambridgeshire-fa-and-cambridgeshire-county-league-statement

Problem with a vote is there may be a significant number of teams that may want not want to see a side go up or win the league and similar at the other end of the table. The FA and county FA’s need to get together and make the decision. There is no way they are finishing this season. So it’s either all for nothing and take whatever comes with that and the knock on effects of no promotion or relegations up and down the pyramid or they do a ppg up to this point, but it has to come from them in my opinion. 

A letter from Gareth Southgate:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Winslow Boy - I think if Bill Shankly read that letter from Gareth Southgate he would turn 180 degrees in his grave wouldn't he, Shankly famously, or infamously, said 'some people think football is a matter of life and death, I assure you it is much more serious than that', so imagine what he, as well as Sir Alf Ramsey, would think to hear the Manager of England call football 'a distraction'.

52 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - I think if Bill Shankly read that letter from Gareth Southgate he would turn 180 degrees in his grave wouldn't he, Shankly famously, or infamously, said 'some people think football is a matter of life and death, I assure you it is much more serious than that', so imagine what he, as well as Sir Alf Ramsey, would think to hear the Manager of England call football 'a distraction'.

No I don’t think he would, I was being flippant. For most of us football is a distraction, for the very few it is a job. I love the game as much as anybody but it is a game, far more important things. I am very much looking forward to watching a game again and getting out on the pitch again though (vets of course). 

10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

but it is a game, far more important things

I am not so sure everybody will agree with that

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I am not so sure everybody will agree with that

Well yes of course, morons won’t agree. Of course staff at clubs where this is their employment it is important in the sense it’s their job but they are in the same boat as everyone else, and if they are paye, the governments plan will keep them going, unlike those of us who are self employed and run our businesses. 

Not SSML related of course but it was more doom and gloom last night wasnt it listening to Boris Johnsons National address, where is it all going to end and when:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52012432?fbclid=IwAR1qXPs0gX_EJtfXtcyTfHRh3qL8XLUGriUUBcqNe3w0RPifa16du27wDwY

4 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Not SSML related of course but it was more doom and gloom last night wasnt it listening to Boris Johnsons National address, where is it all going to end and when:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52012432?fbclid=IwAR1qXPs0gX_EJtfXtcyTfHRh3qL8XLUGriUUBcqNe3w0RPifa16du27wDwY

In my opinion its a soft Lockdown that wont do the job its intended to do.

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

In my opinion its a soft Lockdown that wont do the job its intended to do.

Savagebee - You're right, most Londoners won't take the slightest bit of notice, can you imagine in a Sainsbuy or Tesco in Sarf London if someone is asked to stand behind a line at the checkout, it's just not going to work in a million years is it

5 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - You're right, most Londoners won't take the slightest bit of notice, can you imagine in a Sainsbuy or Tesco in Sarf London if someone is asked to stand behind a line at the checkout, it's just not going to work in a million years is it

Boris Johnson is trusting the people to do the right thing but I'm afraid some people just cant be trusted to do the right thing in this world and they will wreak it for the rest of the people especially the NHS front line staff who are putting there own health at risk to help people.

A friend of mine was in Chiswick's Sainsbury's today and people were doing the right thing there.

Airports should be closed full stop and so should all Parks if they can be oh and Greggs should be closed :icon_lol:

PS- Mike Ashley doesn't help himself does he :icon_lol:

As an 'At Risk' person of 72, I am doing everything advised.

I get my daily excercise by walking the 400 mts to the corner shop on our estate.  The owners ensure there is no crowding and people keep there distance which customers respect.

I'm pretty sure that if this goes on for weeks I'll become stir-crazy.

People who openly and deliberately flout the advice about congregating are nothing short of selfish unthinking criminals and should be treated as such.  Maybe under rapidly produced legislation, they will be !!

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 21:45, Rhodes said:

Not directly SSML but the Boreham Wood Chairman , Danny Hunter, has issued a lengthy and dramatic Club statement where I feel that he has gone slightly overboard, despite these unprecedented times. He says, amongst other things, that "none of you need me to tell you, that there isn’t a cat in hell’s chance of any football starting up again in the National League on April 3rd or anywhere near that date" and "the reality is football must, I repeat must, become a total irrelevance for many of you for you for the foreseeable future", see what you make of it anyway:

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/boreham-wood-fc-update-by-chairman-danny-hunter/

I see that outspoken Boreham Wood Chairman Danny Hunter has been at it again saying that everyone should stay safe and well. It will be interesting to see if Mr Hunter continues to feel the same way over the coming months if football doesn't make a quick return, however he is in a far more enviable position than most Club Chairmen due to the lucrative ten year deal struck with Arsenal in 2017 for their all conquering ladies team and youth teams to use Meadow Park, that must be worth an absolute fortune to the Club and Boreham Wood also received a huge grant from the Premier League:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/29789/football-fans-want-to-know-their-clubs-can-survive-coronavirus-crisis/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40420825

A letter from the Hertfordshire FA issued yesterday, following an emergency Board meeting:

Please see the important message from Karl Lingham, Hertfordshire FA CEO

Dear All,

Firstly, I hope you and your families are all safe, well and keeping positive whilst we battle against this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic together.

As you may know all grassroots football including matches, training and friendlies is suspended and this will continue until further notice (in accordance with advice from the FA). Our office and facilities have also been closed with staff working remotely.

Following a Hertfordshire FA Emergency Board meeting held on Monday, 30 March 2020, I can further advise that with effect from 1 April 2020, all Hertfordshire FA staff except for those listed below will be on furlough leave until 31st May 2020:

Karl Lingham, CEO and Senior Safeguarding Lead
karl.lingham@hertfordshirefa.com – 07894 952570

Rob Smith, Head of Commercial and Operations
rob.smith@hertfordshirefa.com – 07496 988727

Lauren Halsey, Head of Football Services
lauren.halsey@hertfordshirefa.com – 07496 988733

Marianna Okoh, Finance Officer
marianna.okoh@hertfordshirefa.com – 07947 884271

Furlough leave is a temporary leave of absence for economic reasons and is designed to save jobs in the long term. Our workforce is supportive of this decision and look forward to returning to work at the earliest possible opportunity.

We would therefore ask that during this time you please direct any enquiries through to one of the four members of staff mentioned above or to contactus@hertfordshirefa.com and we will respond as swiftly as we possibly can.

Please stay safe, keep well and follow government advice during this very challenging time. For further information regarding Coronavirus and how it affects football in Hertfordshire, visit our dedicated updates page.

Kind Regards,
Karl Lingham

http://www.hertfordshirefa.com/news/2020/mar/31/operations-update

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Following a Hertfordshire FA Emergency Board meeting held on Monday, 30 March 2020, I can further advise that with effect from 1 April 2020, all Hertfordshire FA staff except for those listed below will be on furlough leave until 31st May 2020:

Furlough leave is a temporary leave of absence for economic reasons and is designed to save jobs in the long term. Our workforce is supportive of this decision and look forward to returning to work at the earliest possible opportunity.

It is lucky the Hertfordshire FA explained in their letter what Furlough leave meant as I wouldn't have had a clue, I assume that the staff who drew the short straw will not be getting paid until returning to their desks at the County Ground in Letchworth Garden City

• 2 weeks later...

I see that dreaded word 'furlough' has been used again, this time in respect of Bournemouth reversing a decision to put some of their non-playing staff on furlough leave. If Premier League Club's, including Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle and Norwich, are being forced down that road what chance has any body else got:

https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2020/04/14/bournemouth-perform-u-turn-on-decision-to-furlough-staff/

I see that mindless vandals have broken into former SSML Club Oxford City's Court Place Farm ground and done £1,000 worth of damage to the press box, talk about rubbing salt into Club's gaping wounds at the moment:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/30055/coronavirus-battle-attack-by-easter-vandals-adds-to-oxford-citys-woes/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I see that mindless vandals have broken into former SSML Club Oxford City's Court Place Farm ground and done £1,000 worth of damage to the press box, talk about rubbing salt into Club's gaping wounds at the moment:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/30055/coronavirus-battle-attack-by-easter-vandals-adds-to-oxford-citys-woes/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

Disgusting.  Probably mindless youths who should be staying at home.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Rubbing salt into the wounds is a understatement.

37 minutes ago, Big J R said:

Disgusting.  Probably mindless youths who should be staying at home.

Ditto.

The Berks & Bucks FA have also recently placed most of their staff on so called furlough leave:

UPDATE FROM BERKS & BUCKS FA 
Important Message from our CEO 

At this very difficult time, let me start by wishing you, your families and your members well. I would also like to pass on my thanks to the Berks & Bucks FA community for adapting to the changes and continuing to support football at this extremely challenging time.

The Government restrictions in place have had a major impact on all our lives both professionally and personally and while football is taking a “break” serious economic and social challenges are in place across the County. As a not-for-profit organisation we are not immune from these challenges and, at a recent board meeting, a difficult decision was made.

From Friday 10th April all Berks & Bucks FA staff, except for those listed below are to be placed on furlough leave. All other members of staff have agreed to be placed on furlough leave for a short period in order to protect roles within the organisation and will not be financially disadvantaged during this period.

Core Team (Until further notice) 

Liz Verrall - Chief Executive Officer
Jon Wood - Head of Delivery
Richard Brant - Workforce Development Officer
Steph Clark - Communications Officer
Alastair Kay - Football Services Manager 
Chris Penny - Football Investigations Officer

The Core team will continue to provide general support and customer service to the football community across Berks & Bucks whilst we plan for the start of next season. (Please note however, that on occasions, staff may take longer than usual to reply to your request in line with working patterns, personal pressures and volume of work.)

During this period, if you have any queries, please direct them to Info@Berks-BucksFA.com as this email address will be accessible by all members of staff available at this time.

From myself, and all of us at Berks & Bucks FA, we hope that you remain fit and well. Please continue to stay safe while “Football Stays at Home”. 

Liz Verrall – CEO
Berks & Bucks FA