Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

He's not the Messiah...

WXEn8

Firstly, huge respect and thanks to all those who give their time so cheaply or freely to E.T.F.C. so that we mere mortals can watch football at the QEII.

BUT

Why in the name of Town does so much of our merchandise have nothing to do with the colours on the pitch? I fully understand having items in current and former away colours, but why oh why is there so much NAVY blue instead of ROYAL BLUE? Even one of our directors passed comment last night about a new batch of scarves being "The wrong blue"!

Is it appease the followers of that team up in N17? Or does nobody actually check what's being ordered?

This, surely, is about branding and club identity? Being united in one set of team colours?

Not very messianic in my humble opinion.

And why I'm at it, if Butler's Bar can sell me beer on a card, why does the club shop only take cash? It's 2020!

2 hours ago, WXEn8 said:

Firstly, huge respect and thanks to all those who give their time so cheaply or freely to E.T.F.C. so that we mere mortals can watch football at the QEII.

BUT

Why in the name of Town does so much of our merchandise have nothing to do with the colours on the pitch? I fully understand having items in current and former away colours, but why oh why is there so much NAVY blue instead of ROYAL BLUE? Even one of our directors passed comment last night about a new batch of scarves being "The wrong blue"!

Is it appease the followers of that team up in N17? Or does nobody actually check what's being ordered?

This, surely, is about branding and club identity? Being united in one set of team colours?

And why I'm at it, if Butler's Bar can sell me beer on a card, why does the club shop only take cash? It's 2020!

I’d have to agree with that!

1 hour ago, Irishadrian said:

With card payments there is an audit trail  not so with cash

Sorry? Have we something to hide then?

7 hours ago, WXEn8 said:

BUT

Hello

We do take cards in the shop and have done all season. 

As for the navy things, it.'s what people have asked for as the team have navy tops, gillet's etc. 

If you' d like more of the lighter Royal Blue more than happy to oblige. In fact we had some of that shade polo shirts in the shop last night. 

Dave. 

2 hours ago, WXEn8 said:

Sorry? Have we something to hide then?

How about praising the work Arky and his team do by keeping our club with such a selection of merchandise.

I have followed the town since there formation and Enfield before and I have never heard a negative remark about our shop.

Well done Dave Pat Sheila and Cliff.??

27 minutes ago, Wildlife rescue said:

How about praising the work Arky and his team do by keeping our club with such a selection of merchandise.

I have followed the town since there formation and Enfield before and I have never heard a negative remark about our shop.

Thank you Wildlife rescue.

21 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

Agree completely. 

Gary

agree Dave, Sheila, Pat, and the other program sellers golden goal and 50 50 sellers in fact all our staff do a great job in all weathers

Arky does listen to us supporters and more often than not he has got what he was asked to get  from ruck sacks to shirts to mugs to pass holders

Arky - Thank you for the information regarding card payments, very useful.

Wildlife rescue/72wembleyfinal/old towner - Totally agree, hence my opening sentence.

My ‘agreement’ on the original question was in no way meant as a detriment to the Arky team! I’ve patronised the shop for many years! Just agreeing with the colour issue as a ‘non Spurs’ person (in case you didn’t know!). The card payment issue I would presume is a line / WiFi / issue and certainly not an act of subterfuge from the Politburo! Up the Royal Blue & Whites ?

• 5 months later...

Despite my much misread opening post, which criticized the merchandise, not the personnel, I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to the shop staff who are standing down.

Well done, you'll be sadly missed. 

Archived