Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Shutdown

Old Bradwell United sadly close their doors:

Following the most recent Government announcement the Club wont be open tonight and will remain closed until further notice.

Træt ansigt

Hopefully things improve but in the meantime look after yourselves and keep safe.

Old Bradwell United - 20 March

1500x500

Edited by Rhodes

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 11:41, Savagebee said:

Yep this season is done I'm afraid.

Yep this CV is going nowhere fast or even slow the season is over.

:432:

9 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Being discussed now or very soon. Should be some news before long. 

Its got to be done

I cant see all of this CV stuff not effecting next season well at least the start of next season anyway.

Start next season later anyone?

Savagebee  - You will recall the thread on another Forum entitled 'Suggestions How To Sort This Mess Out' and one suggestion was to start the 2020/21 campaign in late November with all teams playing each other just the once instead of home and away, would that work do you think:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/so-suggestions-as-to-how-to-sort-this-mess-out.1111/

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee  - You will recall the thread on another Forum entitled 'Suggestions How To Sort This Mess Out' and one suggestion was to start the 2020/21 campaign in late November with all teams playing each other just the once instead of home and away, would that work do you think:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/so-suggestions-as-to-how-to-sort-this-mess-out.1111/

Well its better than nothing I guess.

29 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

As predicted the season is over. Hopefully they advise what will happen in regards to promotion and relegation soon. 

Not surprised at all.

Winslow Boy - Has there been an Official announcement then confirming that the current campaign is all over bar the shouting as this is the last I have seen, I think some people are jumping the gun:

We would remind Leagues that this is not the case at this stage. The meeting this afternoon was to listen to the views of the Step 5/6 Leagues and no decision is to be communicated at this point.
Can I ask for any communications to be removed with immediate effect?

Ollie Baylis

BREAKING:

I understand the FA have advised Step 5 & 6 leagues that the 2019/20 season is over!

A decision whether the season will be declared void or if promotions/relegations could still apply will be made shortly.

That decision is expected to apply across all of non-league.”

you’ll see in his timeline other leagues have begun announcing terminations. 

Winslow Boy - Thanks but I believe what I posted came after the Ollie Bayliss announcement, Ollie jumped the gun however it does look a formality that the current campaign is sadly going to be terminated 

6 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - Thanks but I believe what I posted came after the Ollie Bayliss announcement, Ollie jumped the gun however it does look a formality that the current campaign is sadly going to be terminated 

Ah you’re probably right on both counts. 

Thanks Karen, that's helpful, watch this space then:

The Football Association says no official decision has been made regarding the end of the season in England's non-league football pyramid.

One of the local journalists tweeted this yesterday and i thought great, football will be back when this calms down.  I stayed off twitter for the rest of the day only very late in the day when i went back on line it became apparent "finish" meant season over as of now, not play out to a finish.....  Not a great choice of words but i had now caught up on what appears to the end of  season19/20

Step five and six told they have to finish. Seems like the rule will apply to all non-leagues. No decision yet on what happens to the season as a whole. Story coming up shortly.

I believe the season termination is absolutely right.

COVID19 is NOT going to just disapppear.

17 hours ago, Big J R said:

I believe the season termination is absolutely right.

COVID19 is NOT going to just disapppear.

Yep your right.

From the Non League Paper.

BREAKING: Non-League Steps 3 to 6 have reached a consensus that the 2019/20 season will be ended with immediate effect and all results will be expunged.

This means there will be no promotion or relegation of clubs between Steps 3 to 6, or relegation from Step 2.

These decisions will also apply to the leagues and clubs at Step 7 of the National League System.

The FA will continue to assist and support the National League to determine the outcome of the 2019/20 season.

The planned implementation of the restructure of the NLS will also now be deferred until the start of the 2021-22 season.

The FA will review all options on the FA Trophy and FA Vase to do all they can to "keep the Wembley dream alive".