Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee  - You will recall the thread on another Forum entitled 'Suggestions How To Sort This Mess Out' and one suggestion was to start the 2020/21 campaign in late November with all teams playing each other just the once instead of home and away, would that work do you think:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/so-suggestions-as-to-how-to-sort-this-mess-out.1111/

Well its better than nothing I guess.

As predicted the season is over. Hopefully they advise what will happen in regards to promotion and relegation soon. 

29 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

As predicted the season is over. Hopefully they advise what will happen in regards to promotion and relegation soon. 

Not surprised at all.

Winslow Boy - Has there been an Official announcement then confirming that the current campaign is all over bar the shouting as this is the last I have seen, I think some people are jumping the gun:

We would remind Leagues that this is not the case at this stage. The meeting this afternoon was to listen to the views of the Step 5/6 Leagues and no decision is to be communicated at this point.
Can I ask for any communications to be removed with immediate effect?

Ollie Baylis

BREAKING:

I understand the FA have advised Step 5 & 6 leagues that the 2019/20 season is over!

A decision whether the season will be declared void or if promotions/relegations could still apply will be made shortly.

That decision is expected to apply across all of non-league.”

you’ll see in his timeline other leagues have begun announcing terminations. 

Winslow Boy - Thanks but I believe what I posted came after the Ollie Bayliss announcement, Ollie jumped the gun however it does look a formality that the current campaign is sadly going to be terminated 

6 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - Thanks but I believe what I posted came after the Ollie Bayliss announcement, Ollie jumped the gun however it does look a formality that the current campaign is sadly going to be terminated 

Ah you’re probably right on both counts. 

Thanks Karen, that's helpful, watch this space then:

The Football Association says no official decision has been made regarding the end of the season in England's non-league football pyramid.

Seems to me that a decision has been made, it’s been let slip before they had a plan of what to do next. 

One of the local journalists tweeted this yesterday and i thought great, football will be back when this calms down.  I stayed off twitter for the rest of the day only very late in the day when i went back on line it became apparent "finish" meant season over as of now, not play out to a finish.....  Not a great choice of words but i had now caught up on what appears to the end of  season19/20

Step five and six told they have to finish. Seems like the rule will apply to all non-leagues. No decision yet on what happens to the season as a whole. Story coming up shortly.

I believe the season termination is absolutely right.

COVID19 is NOT going to just disapppear.

17 hours ago, Big J R said:

I believe the season termination is absolutely right.

COVID19 is NOT going to just disapppear.

Yep your right.

From the Non League Paper.

BREAKING: Non-League Steps 3 to 6 have reached a consensus that the 2019/20 season will be ended with immediate effect and all results will be expunged.

This means there will be no promotion or relegation of clubs between Steps 3 to 6, or relegation from Step 2.

These decisions will also apply to the leagues and clubs at Step 7 of the National League System.

The FA will continue to assist and support the National League to determine the outcome of the 2019/20 season.

The planned implementation of the restructure of the NLS will also now be deferred until the start of the 2021-22 season.

The FA will review all options on the FA Trophy and FA Vase to do all they can to "keep the Wembley dream alive".

I can actually understand the decision, but doesn’t mean it’s any less disappointing. Let’s be honest we’ll never likely get to the challenge trophy final again.

Also can’t believe the FA proposal is to continue with their own competitions whilst wiping out every other one.

R.I.P. The 2019/20 season :shakehead:

Once again non league has been shafted nuts deep, with no lube! Nothing about the professional league games being called null and void! Those imbecilic clowns at the fa are too scared to say EVERYTHING is called to a halt. Toothless and full of incompetent arses. Rant over!

3 minutes ago, Step 7 Jim said:

Once again non league has been shafted nuts deep, with no lube! Nothing about the professional league games being called null and void! Those imbecilic clowns at the fa are too scared to say EVERYTHING is called to a halt. Toothless and full of incompetent arses. Rant over!

Totally agree. Jersey and Vauxhall Motors has already secured promotion mathematically! I assume if the season doesn’t count all match official fees, fines etc... will be returned...

1 hour ago, Munchkin said:

I can actually understand the decision, but doesn’t mean it’s any less disappointing. Let’s be honest we’ll never likely get to the challenge trophy final again.

Also can’t believe the FA proposal is to continue with their own competitions whilst wiping out every other one.

Gutted for you mate. The lack of thought for grassroots is stark and disappointing. It’s a tough situation but this feels like an easy way out. I can see some clubs ceasing to exist. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

R.I.P. The 2019/20 season :shakehead:

Savagebee - Sadly you're right, I think we were hoping otherwise but just delaying the inevitable 😪. I see from the detailed article below that the planned implementation of the restructure of the National League System has been deferred until the 2021/22 campaign however, apparently, the door is still open to the Semi Finals and Finals of the FA Vase and FA Trophy being played:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/29763/coronavirus-battle-all-football-below-national-league-to-end-now/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

Edited by Rhodes

I'd already got an extension to the end of June to complete my Competition's fixture.

I suppose I'd better hand it back.

Foe what it's worth, I would play the Cups of the SSMFL to a conclusion in August.

There is some hard hitting stuff going on on another Forum at present, you need a workman's tin hat if you dare to click on the link below:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-6

It's tyranny of the majority, essentially. The majority of clubs had nothing left to play for and minimal chance of promotion so they were happy to screw over the ones that did in order to save themselves from relegation and/or avoid having to think about imaginative solutions, like tinkering with player registration rules to avoid having to renew registrations over the summer.

4 hours ago, Step 7 Jim said:

:thumbsup(2):

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 18:52, Rhodes said:

There is some hard hitting stuff going on on another Forum at present, you need a workman's tin hat if you dare to click on the link below:

There continues to be some really hard hitting stuff on another Forum and it's pretty much all doom and gloom, take this post for example, make of it what you will:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/

I think it highly unlikely that non-league football will be able to resume in August, in fact next season might have to be written off too. My personal preference would be to decide leagues on points per game, although whether there is any promotion or relegation is a different matter. I suspect relegation will be irrelevant as so many clubs will go bust, due to the closure of their club house or bankruptcy of their major benefactor.
I also think that very few clubs will be able to pay players next year so many players will not bother playing, causing a shortage of players of a reasonable level willing to play for nothing.
This could be the end of the pyramid system as we know it. Anyone who expects football at any level will just carry on as before in August or whenever is being extremely naïve.