Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Shutdown

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 15:09, Savagebee said:

The NLM Forum is to hard core for me :icon_lol:

Savagebee - For sure it is hard core but they really know their onions on there and don't pull their punches either as this post from earlier today illustrates:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-20

The suggestion that FA don't give a toss about steps 3 downwards has an element of truth in it, though. Certainly from step 5 down. If the three step 3/4 leagues have a united front on pretty much anything, - regardless of the effect it has below - they go along with it. Presumably because it's easier. The Conference, NPL, Isthmian and Southern each have far more individual influence than the whole of non-league football below them.
While I can see why they did it, the decision to void the season so early does seem to have been done because the FA would rather concentrate their efforts on levels they give a damn about.

39 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - For sure it is hard core but they really know their onions on there and don't pull their punches either as this post from earlier today illustrates:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-20

The suggestion that FA don't give a toss about steps 3 downwards has an element of truth in it, though. Certainly from step 5 down. If the three step 3/4 leagues have a united front on pretty much anything, - regardless of the effect it has below - they go along with it. Presumably because it's easier. The Conference, NPL, Isthmian and Southern each have far more individual influence than the whole of non-league football below them.
While I can see why they did it, the decision to void the season so early does seem to have been done because the FA would rather concentrate their efforts on levels they give a damn about.

Yep they are 100% hard-core on that forum ?

They are still going at it hammer and tongs, hell for leather and nineteen to the dozen on another Forum, doom and gloom is putting it mildly:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-22

I think football, at any rate in front of significant crowds, will be almost the last thing to come back (it went even before Boris advised us to cut down on mass gatherings). It will eventually be accepted as necessary that kids go to school and shops etc re-open even if there's still some risk of infection. I don't think sport will be seen as a priority, quite the opposite. I hope I'm wrong though.

44 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

They are still going at it hammer and tongs, hell for leather and nineteen to the dozen on another Forum, doom and gloom is putting it mildly:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-22

I think football, at any rate in front of significant crowds, will be almost the last thing to come back (it went even before Boris advised us to cut down on mass gatherings). It will eventually be accepted as necessary that kids go to school and shops etc re-open even if there's still some risk of infection. I don't think sport will be seen as a priority, quite the opposite. I hope I'm wrong though.

They are hard-core I tell ya ?

I do worry about some of the hard-core groundhoppers mental health at the moment for a lot of them it's there life.

Edited by Savagebee

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 15:22, Savagebee said:

They are hard-core I tell ya ?

I do worry about some of the hard-core groundhoppers mental health at the moment for a lot of them it's there life.

Savagebee - You say that but to be fair football is life for a lot of us particularly those directly involved with Club's such as Committee members and Management which is why the current situation is so terribly cruel and unfortunate, who would have imagined anything like this ever happening. For me the Bill Shankly saying said it all however sadly it is no longer the beautiful game of old anymore is it with, for example, the new stadiums, the prawn sandwich brigade, VAR and mercenary players, it's all money money money however at least at Non League and grassroots level we have managed to cling on to at least some of the old fashioned values and tradition, that's why it's so refreshing to read the NLM Forum as those people really care.

32 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - You say that but to be fair football is life for a lot of us particularly those directly involved with Club's such as Committee members and Management which is why the current situation is so terribly cruel and unfortunate, who would have imagined anything like this ever happening. For me the Bill Shankly saying said it all however sadly it is no longer the beautiful game of old anymore is it with, for example, the new stadiums, the prawn sandwich brigade, VAR and mercenary players, it's all money money money however at least at Non League and grassroots level we have managed to cling on to at least some of the old fashioned values and tradition, that's why it's so refreshing to read the NLM Forum as those people really care.

Rhodes you should rejoin the NLM Forum and get involved.

Times a great healer and all that.

If you do rejoin the NLM Forum don't forget about this forum :thumbsup(2):

Edited by Savagebee

So what is in the Non League Paper today then as I am still in Denmark and can't get it here. I saw an on-line article that Leicestershire Club NKF Burbage from the Midland League Division One have sadly bitten the dust, NKF standing for National Kidney Federation so that makes it all the more hard to take as the Club were founded in 2009 to raise awareness of the National Kidney Federation Charity and groundshared at Barwell FC:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/29904/the-non-league-paper-hits-newsstands-as-coronavirus-claims-first-club/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

coronavirus The Non-League Paper NLP

I'm getting more than a little annoyed at Premiership players griping about taking pay-cuts.

In reality, compared to grass-roots football, the majority are overpayed and underworked.

I have no problem with them having to take a pay cut, say 20%, PROVIDING that money goes to the NHS.

These are serious times,

28 minutes ago, Big J R said:

I'm getting more than a little annoyed at Premiership players griping about taking pay-cuts.

In reality, compared to grass-roots football, the majority are overpayed and underworked.

I have no problem with them having to take a pay cut, say 20%, PROVIDING that money goes to the NHS.

These are serious times,

Well said Big J R :thumbsup(2):

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 19:00, Savagebee said:

No surprise there.

Savagebee - Yes, sadly you are spot on, this article in the Non League Paper on-line at least tries, and makes a good attempt, to explain away the FA Council's decision however it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth doesn't it:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/29977/fa-council-ratify-decision-to-end-the-2019-20-season-across-non-league-womens-and-grassroots-football/

There is another interesting thread developing on another Forum entitled 'When Will The 2020/21 Season Realistically Begin' and, although it is obviously all speculative, there are some interesting and thoughtful views, here is one example. Also one member suggests that even if grassroots football gets the go ahead for an August start, will some pitches be fit for purpose after being left inactive for so long, if a Club plays on a Council owned pitch (which I believe applies to some SSML Division Two Club's) how quickly will that Local Authority prioritise cutting the grass, marking pitches, repairing changing rooms/goalposts etc. given other pressing priorities on their plate:

https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/when-will-season-20-21-realistically-begin.1284/

I don't think there will be enough time to fit in a full league season next season.
I think that it will be somewhere around October before crowds can start to gather for non-essential things such as football.

I agree with you Rhodsey.  As I have just stated on another forum, I think many non-league clubs will just fade away on financial grounds.  Amateur football just isn't amateur any more !!

15 hours ago, Big J R said:

I agree with you Rhodsey. As I have just stated on another forum, I think many non-league clubs will just fade away on financial grounds. Amateur football just isn't amateur any more !!

Big J R  - Thanks, I'm glad someone does, Smallholder seems to have disappeared as quickly as he came doesn't he with a huge nine posts to his name. I have always bowed down to your knowledge of the beautiful game, younger people now who only became involved in football after 1992, when the Premier League came into being, sadly have no idea how it used to be back in the day when it was real football.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 10:28, Rhodes said:

There is another interesting thread developing on another Forum entitled 'When Will The 2020/21 Season Realistically Begin' and, although it is obviously all speculative, there are some interesting and thoughtful views

They are really going at it hammer and tongs on this one, there is some fascinating speculation and the consensus is pretty much that there is no way in a million years that a new football season will begin on Saturday 1 August:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/when-will-season-20-21-realistically-begin.1284/page-2

Savagebee - Not SSML related but did you see the London FA have issued a statement regarding their County Cup Competitions, including the London Senior Cup which Brentford 'B' are still in. They say that they 'intend on honouring the Cup Finals, allowing their Clubs to have their special day in the sun as long as it does not cause too much disruption to the start of the 2020/21 season', that's interesting isn't it, someone on another Forum suggested that the remaining ties could replace some of the meaningless pre-season friendly fixtures:

London FA Senior Cup

Remaining Quarter Final tie:

Balham v Hendon 
Semi Finals
Brentford 'B' v Erith Town (at Erith Town)
Balham or Hendon v Wingate & Finchley 
Final (at Metropolitan Police FC)

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/london-senior-cup-2019-20.294/