Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Savagebee

SSML Legends Where Are They Now?

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 16:23, Winslow Boy said:

Sure they had contracts on the table. 🤣

a good friend of mine was there during that period, same team as Cole, Livermore etc... 

Winslow Boy - Do you mean Shaka Cole, fourth player from the right in the back row of this 2006/2007 SSML season Kentish Town team photo, I don't want to go too over board but he was arguably the finest of the lot. His best position was midfield and he would battle tirelessly for you all day long and leave nothing out on the pitch, you're old enough to remember Brian Talbot of Ipswich and Arsenal so just times his work rate by ten and that's Shaka Cole in a nut shell.

90928283_508007893217450_456292429264322

Edited by Rhodes

48 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - Do you mean Shaka Cole, fourth player from the right in the back row of this 2006/2007 SSML season Kentish Town team photo, I don't want to go too over board but he was arguably the finest of the lot. His best position was midfield and he would battle tirelessly for you all day long and leave nothing out on the pitch, you're old enough to remember Brian Talbot of Ipswich and Arsenal so just times his work rate by ten and that's Shaka Cole in a nut shell.

Hahaha, you are good. No, perhaps I wasn’t clear, my friend was at Arsenal with Ashley Cole and Livermore among others. Was signed from Luton youth by George Graham and was there under Wenger early years, won player of the tournament one summer at Ajax playing against Ajax, AC Milan and Barcelona, he also features on a video of Arsenal greatest goals when he scored in an FA youth cup tie. He wasn’t offered a contract and after some poor advice from his agent he turned down several good moves here and abroad and eventually ended up packing it in after a few years playing non league. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Hahaha, you are good. No, perhaps I wasn’t clear, my friend was at Arsenal with Ashley Cole and Livermore among others. Was signed from Luton youth by George Graham and was there under Wenger early years, won player of the tournament one summer at Ajax playing against Ajax, AC Milan and Barcelona, he also features on a video of Arsenal greatest goals when he scored in an FA youth cup tie. He wasn’t offered a contract and after some poor advice from his agent he turned down several good moves here and abroad and eventually ended up packing it in after a few years playing non league. 

What a great left back Ashley Cole was eh.

31 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Started out as a centre forward, converted to left back reasonably late on as an academy player at the gooners. He went on to be absolutely world class as a left back. 

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Would never had made the Kentish Town team.

Only world class players there. 🙂

33 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Only world class players there. 🙂

Like Tommy Kanaris you mean, your nemesis, you will no doubt recognise him in the photo

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Started out as a centre forward, converted to left back reasonably late on as an academy player at the gooners. He went on to be absolutely world class as a left back. 

As a forward I never knew that.

Ex St Margaretsbury FC, Hertford Town FC and Hoddesdon Town FC striker Leigh Rose is now playing for Ware FC in the lsthmian League South Central League.

Ex Hertford Town FC and Hoddesdon Town FC striker Tommy Wade is now playing for Ware FC in the Isthmian League South Central League.

21 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Hahaha, you are good. No, perhaps I wasn’t clear, my friend was at Arsenal with Ashley Cole and Livermore among others.  

Winslow Boy - Apologies, I honestly thought you were talking about Shaka Cole of Kentish Town as you didn't make it clear. I never had a lot of time for Ashley Cole due to the way he conducted his personal life and for the way he treated Cheryl however obviously as a player you couldn't fault him. You seem to have friends in high places and enjoy telling us about them don't you.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 12:45, Rhodes said:

When Town finally settled into their stride following the early Hertford onslaught they immediately pulled a goal back through Baron Charlery when, on the edge of the box with his back to goal, hooked an impossible volley over his head and past a startled Hertford goalkeeper Mark Virgo who was somewhat unsighted by his defenders, not even Gordon Banks, Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence combined however would have had a prayer of saving it as the ball looped high over Virgo and into the far top corner for what must have surely been one of the best goals, if not the best, ever to be seen at Hertingfordbury Park.

I should be shot at dawn shouldn't I for not including a photo of the man who scored the best ever goal at Hertingfordbury Park in 112 years, Baron 'the Baron' Charlery is in the back row far left:

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - Apologies, I honestly thought you were talking about Shaka Cole of Kentish Town as you didn't make it clear. I never had a lot of time for Ashley Cole due to the way he conducted his personal life and for the way he treated Cheryl however obviously as a player you couldn't fault him. You seem to have friends in high places and enjoy telling us about them don't you.

I hope Winslow Boy continues to post his stories as they are interesting.

I just wish he would name drop :thumbsup(2):

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Like Tommy Kanaris you mean, your nemesis, you will no doubt recognise him in the photo

So you are saying Tommy Kanaris was world class.

You must explain why he and the numerous other 'world class' players who played at Kentish Town never reached the dizzy heights of the Premier League.

3 hours ago, petethegreek said:

So you are saying Tommy Kanaris was world class.

You must explain why he and the numerous other 'world class' players who played at Kentish Town never reached the dizzy heights of the Premier League.

Over to you Rhodes? 😃

6 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Over to you Rhodes? 😃

Come on we all know they stormed the league, didn’t lose a game scored well over 100 goals in the process, won the FA Vase, got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup, because they were all playing so far below their level and the following season they did it all again but in the division above....