Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Savagebee

Season 2020/21?

Will pre season happen?

Will the season start on time?

Will next season even happen full stop who knows?

:futbolbud2:

Savagebee - I think we have all just seen the announcement that this season is sadly null and void so in theory we should start pre-season training and friendlies in mid to late June but then who knows at the moment. The planned implementation of the restructure of the National League System has been deferred until the the 2021/22 campaign however, apparently, the door is still open to the Semi Finals and Finals of the FA Vase and FA Trophy being played so Leighton Town's season might not have been over had they managed to beat Corinthian in the FA Vase Sixth Round:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/29763/coronavirus-battle-all-football-below-national-league-to-end-now/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

I see Karen posted a similar question on another thread.

Hopefully, there will ba a vaccine avaiable quite soon.  HOWEVER  -  The virus is quite capable of mutatimg, which COULD cause a problem for the coming season.

I'm afraid it's 'wait and see'.

Do this seasons (2019/20) player records Apps? and Goals? stand? or are they wiped from the clubs records?

I'm guessing that they don't count now?

The top scorers must be gutted :432:

17 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Do this seasons (2019/20) player records Apps? and Goals? stand? or are they wiped from the clubs records?

I'm guessing that they don't count now?

The top scorers must be gutted :432:

I would have thought it was down to individual clubs as to if they wish to include appearances and goals

7 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

I would have thought it was down to individual clubs as to if they wish to include appearances and goals

We’ve decided to keep our club appearances & goals in the records at Tring. Quite a few youngsters have made their senior debuts & there have been a number making landmark numbers so we wouldn’t want to deprive them of that.