Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Biggleswade United

Photographs from the 2017/18 campaign and Biggleswade United v Leighton Town at Second Meadow on 3 April 2018 resulting in a 1-1 stalemate:

https://issuu.com/biggleswadeunited/docs/leighton_03042018

Biggleswade United v Leighton Town SSMFLP

• 1 month later...

Great photographs of the most famous football trophy in the World coming to Second Meadow on Monday 3 August 2015 amid tight security, is there nothing their inspirational Chairman Guillem Balague can't 'wangle' to promote the Club he loves:

The FA Cup at Biggleswade United

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a sudden change of Management at Second Meadow due to Chris Devane leaving the Club with immediate effect, along with his trusted assistant Trishan Patel, when Berkhamsted came calling for his services, Chairman Guillem Balague did not waste a second in replacing Chris and former boss Cristian Colas has been appointed along with assistant Mark Royal and fitness coach Bernat Pulg:

Billede

New Biggleswade United supremo Cristian Colas and an article courtesy of the Non League Today website:

http://nonleague.today/news/details.php?news_id=7143

Billede

A nice statement from Chris Devane on his arrival at Broadwater acknowledging what he left behind at Second Meadow:

Berkhamsted FC are pleased to announce the appointment of Chris Devane, formerly with Biggleswade United, as first team manager

Chris has made the following statement, introducing himself and his management team to Broadwater supporters.

Firstly, I would like to place on record my gratitude and upmost respect for everyone at Biggleswade Utd. Namely Tracey James & Guillem Balague, without the opportunity & trust showed in myself I wouldn’t have been able to achieve what we did last season. Myself & Trishan took over the club with only 2 squad members and in my opinion finished with the best squad in the division.

The season being curtailed had more of an impact on myself than I originally thought. I genuinely believed I was on the verge of taking Biggleswade to step 4 for the first time in their history, for that to be then taken away so quickly was not easy to take, I am sure everyone involved in Berkhamsted can relate. What this left was a void, a hole, I had started planning for step 4 and all of a sudden it was snatched away.

Once the opportunity arose to take over the reins at such a fantastic and aspirational football club like Berkhamsted, it was a no brainer. A club built on the foundations of the community with real ambitions to progress up the pyramid, along with such a strong performance last year, for me , is the perfect package at the level.

For me personally, I bring a level of commitment, drive & a passion for playing the game of football I find rarely will be matched. I like to play an attractive style of football, dominating possession & pressing hard without it. It is not easy to style to impose into a structure Already successful but it is a task I will and can’t wait to get stuck into.

I bring with me Trishan Patel as one of the assistant managers. He brings an energy and enthusiasm, again which is find hard to match. Along with his passion for developing individuals technically and mentally he is very driven in terms of success and is crucial to our success as a group.

Also staying is Danny Jones (Jonah ), as assistant manager. He was a vital part of Lee Bircham’s set up last season. I was really keen on keeping Jonah, as again his energy and football knowledge will be a valuable asset for the squad and the club. His experience with the league, players & individuals, along with his level of coaching makes a formidable team.

Again, I would like to reinforce my gratitude towards everyone at BUFC, including the fans who showed unreal support. But for now, I must move on.

Special mention to Bernat Puig Vals who I leave behind at BUFC. Only a physio on paper but anyone who was at the club knows how close I was with him and how much he helped.

When the season starts we do not know, but we have to plan, we have to be ready. Physically, mentally & technically we WILL be ready.

I’d like to thank Steve Davis and the committee for giving me the opportunity at such a great football club.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Regards

Chris Devane

• 2 weeks later...

Over 100 photographs from the 2016/17 campaign and an FA Vase First Round tie between Biggleswade United and Baldock Town, at Second Meadow on 22 October 2016, resulting in a narrow 2-1 win for Biggleswade United who went on to meet Sun Sports in the Second Round disappointingly losing a replay on penalties at Bellmountwood Avenue after a 1-1 draw at Second Meadow:

Biggleswade United v Baldock Town FA Vase 22/10/16

Edited by Rhodes

Photographs from the 2018/19 campaign and a SSML Premier Division fixture between Biggleswade United and Baldock Town, at Second Meadow on 8 September 2018, resulting in a narrow 1-1 stalemate:

Biggleswade United v Baldock Town League 08/09/18

Edited by Rhodes

YouTube action from the above SSML Premier Division fixture between Biggleswade United and Baldock Town, at Second Meadow on 8 September 2018:

https://issuu.com/biggleswadeunited/docs/baldock_programme2

Edited by Rhodes

YouTube action from a 2016/17 SSML Premier Division fixture between Hertford Town and Biggleswade United, at Hertingfordbury Park on Saturday 11 February 2017, resulting in an impressive 2-0 win for Biggleswade United against the runners up who were promoted to Division One North of the Isthmian League that season, Nick Elliott netted the first goal on 36 minutes and there was a remarkable own goal on 66 minutes: 

Edited by Rhodes

Biggleswade United FCs Player Of The Season Ryan Neufville has joined Berkhamsted FC.

• 4 weeks later...

Biggleswade United's hugely impressive Risk Assessment documents, firstly for the re-opening of the Club house and, secondly, for the staging of pre-season friendlies at Second Meadow, no doubt Tracey James penned both documents:

file:///C:/Users/Bruger/Downloads/BIGGLESWADE UNITED COVID 19 RISKASSESSMENT.pdf

file:///C:/Users/Bruger/Downloads/RISK ASSESSMENT FOR PLAYING PRE SEASON.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

The finalised Constitution for the Bedfordshire County League Premier Division for the coming season sees Biggleswade United Under 23's try again in the top flight following the aborted 2019/20 campaign, prior to that the Under 23's plied their trade in the SSML Under 25 Development Division and actually went the full distance of the three seasons the much derided Division was in existence albeit initially as Biggleswade United Development:

Billede

• 2 weeks later...

A very impressive signing for Biggleswade United, obviously they mean business this season:

https://biggleswadeutd.com/news/welcome-nacho-novo!

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/nacho-signs-for-biggleswade-united.132205/

Billedresultat for nacho novo pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Biggleswade United Under 23's entertain Queens Park Crescents at Second Meadow in their first Bedfordshire County League Premier Division fixture of the new campaign on Saturday 26 September, kick off 2.30pm, they then travel to Flitwick Town the following Saturday: 

Bedfordshire County League Premier Division
AFC Kempston Town & Bedford College First
AFC Oakley First
Bedford Albion First
Biggleswade FC Reserves
Biggleswade United U23
Caldecote First
Cranfield United First
Crawley Green Reserves
Elstow Abbey First
Flitwick Town First
Marston Shelton Rovers First
Queens Park Crescents First
Riseley Sports First
Shefford Town & Campton Reserves
Stevington First
Wilstead First

YouTube action from Biggleswade United's nail biting 7-6 win on penalties in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on Tuesday 1 September, bring on Cambridge City for Cristian Colas's men on Saturday:

The early Biggleswade United League fixtures for both the First team in the SSML and the Under 23's in the Bedfordshire County League Premier Division:

Billede

Disappointing, that's the only word to describe Biggleswade United's tame 4-0 FA Cup Preliminary Round exit at the hands of Cambridge City at Bridge Road on Saturday (12 September):

https://biggleswadeutd.com/Matchreport.aspx?id=469095

Edited by Rhodes

An interesting VLOG's from the Cambridge City v Biggleswade United FA Cup Preliminary Round tie on Saturday including a straight talking interview with supremo Cristian Colas who clearly wasn't happy with the performance at Bridge Road:

• 2 weeks later...

YouTube action from Biggleswade United v Newport Pagnell Town on Tuesday 15 September which Newport Pagnell Town won 3-2, Cristian Colas has had a disappointing start to the campaign taking into account the expectations at Second Meadow for this season and what has happened to Nacho Novo. The 5-2 win at North Greenford United on Saturday however may have just been what the doctor ordered although they have a tricky looking home fixture with Eynesbury Rovers this evening particularly if Jordan Brown plays, he's on the team sheet in the programme (see link):

https://view.publitas.com/biggleswade-united-football-club/official-match-programme-biggleswade-united-v-eynesbury-rovers-4kg7a9a6j_6b/page/1

Edited by Rhodes