Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Petition - Completion of Leagues at Non League Level

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I can't begin to imagine how all these Club's are feeling today, it's 'criminal' isn't it to null and void the campaign, also our very own Colney Heath would have won the biggest honour in the Club's 113 year history: 

Billede

And your solution would be?

On the other side of the coin though I expect these Club's are rubbing their hands today and think that all their Christmas's have come at once:

Billede

42 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

And your solution would be?

Well anything would have been better than nulling and voiding the entire 2019/20 season for Steps 3-7 wouldn't it, as well as for tiers 3-7 of the Women's Pyramid

Also what about these five Club's, including former SSML Risborough Rangers, how must they be feeling:

Billede

I saw this summary of League withdrawls since July last year but isn't Grendon Rangers missing from the list as they resigned from the SSML Division 2 on 31 August:

Billede

17 minutes ago, Smallholder said:

So, what is your solution?

Smallholder - It's not for me to say is it but surely anything would have been better than nulling and voiding the entire 2019/20 season, the grey men in blazers at the FA could have quite easily come up with a far better solution and put that forward to the Council for ratification, the FA Council would have agreed and signed up to anything that was put in front of them.

12 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Smallholder - It's not for me to say is it but surely anything would have been better than nulling and voiding the entire 2019/20 season, the grey men in blazers at the FA could have quite easily come up with a far better solution and put that forward to the Council for ratification, the FA Council would have agreed and signed up to anything that was put in front of them.

If it is not for you to say, null and void must be best option then. You are obviously devoid of a reasonable argument and blowing out of your ar5e on this subject. Maybe it is best you leave it to people who do have ideas.

Smallholder - You have a problem with me don't you, first it was about NeutralFan and now this. Do you think that the grey men in blazers at the FA have ideas then, if so why did they take the easy and cowards way out and null and void the 2019/20 season for Steps 3-7 as well as for tiers 3-7 of the Women's Pyramid

19 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Smallholder - You have a problem with me don't you, first it was about NeutralFan and now this. Do you think that the grey men in blazers at the FA have ideas then, if so why did they take the easy and cowards way out and null and void the 2019/20 season for Steps 3-7 as well as for tiers 3-7 of the Women's Pyramid

Give us a better option and maybe we could discuss merits of what is best...........

Smallholder - If you must know and, after giving it some thought, I quite liked the sound of what the Mid Solent Football League did of awarding a point to each team for all the remaining League fixtures by way of 0-0 draws. Another option was the PPG approach, which the Southern League was very much in favour of, it wasn't perfect but surely better than nulling and voiding the entire 2019/20 season more than three quarters of the way through which, by the way, had never happened before even in wartime.

A comprehensive article in the Non League Paper on-line where the FA's Head of the National League System, Laurence Jones, tries, sorry, attempts to explain away the FA Council's ratification to null and void the entire 2019/20 football season more than three quarters of the way through. It starts by saying that 'since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the FA has been working collaboratively with the Leagues within the National League System, the Women’s Football Board, the Women’s Football Conference, and the wider grassroots game to identify the most appropriate way to conclude the 2019/20 season at each level. The request to end the 2019/20 season was taken to The FA Council by the representatives of the relevant Committees having been fully supported by The FA Board, the FA Council’s vote today was overwhelmingly in favour of ratifying the decision'. Kelly Simmons, the FA's Director of the Women's Professional Game, also gives her view:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/29977/fa-council-ratify-decision-to-end-the-2019-20-season-across-non-league-womens-and-grassroots-football/

Well, at least this keeps conversation in full flow.

I just get upset with the daily death figures.  We think we've got it bad  -  Look at the New York figures !

Sort of puts things into perspective in my opinion.

Isthmian League Chairman Nick Robinson has today written to all Club's in the League explaining why the hugely unpopular decision was taken to unceremoniously terminate the 2019/20 season and expunge all records as confirmed by the FA Council on Thursday. In his letter, see link below, Mr Robinson states that he fully recognises the ‘null and void’ option has left some Clubs feeling a sense of injustice which is somewhat of an understatement. Also, in a double whammy, I see that BetVictor have terminated it's sponsorship of the Isthmian League, as well as the Northern Premier and Southern Leagues and this will cease on 9 July: 

https://www.betvictoristhmian.co.uk/season-expunged-chairman-explains-the-reasons-behi-61809

https://www.betvictoristhmian.co.uk/betvictor-sponsorship-to-end-61808

You got to let it go.

The season is over I'm afraid :nervous: 

I'm as gutted as everyone.

Really missed my footy today :432:

13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Also, in a double whammy, I see that BetVictor have terminated it's sponsorship of the Isthmian League, as well as the Northern Premier and Southern Leagues and this will cease on 9 July: 

https://www.betvictoristhmian.co.uk/betvictor-sponsorship-to-end-61808

Just to put more flesh on the bones of BetVictor triggering an early release clause in their two year sponsorship deal with the Isthmian League, Northern Premier and Southern Leagues after just one year. The betting firm indicated that it was due to the negativity towards betting in football that they had decided to walk away early and nothing whatsoever to do with the Coronavirus situation however we weren't all born yesterday were we as obviously it is. The betting industry must be losing fortunes in the current climate with no sport whatsoever to bet on in betting shops and on-line as well as all their so called 'crack cocaine' gaming machines sitting idle with shops closed.

I see that BetVictor 'reneging' on their sponsorship deal with the Isthmian, Northern Premier and Southern Leagues is the headline in today's Non League Paper:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/30012/the-non-league-paper-hits-newsstands-as-betvictor-pull-plug-on-deals/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

Here we go folks, I don't know how many of you have heard of the D&K Reposs Non League Show/Podcast which I hadn't but, anyway, here is a link to an extract from yesterday evening's show which featured Isthmian League Chairman Nick Robinson, it's a very interesting interview and listen: 

Edited by Rhodes

For those of you who couldn't be asked to watch Nick Robinson's interesting interview above here is a brief summary of what he said, he came across as a very genuine chap and there didn't appear to be any hidden agenda:

Billede

28 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

For those of you who couldn't be asked to watch Nick Robinson's interesting interview above here is a brief summary of what he said, he came across as a very genuine chap and there didn't appear to be any hidden agenda:

Billede

Next Season is looking more and more unlikely to happen :nervous: