Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML - Annual General Meeting (AGM)

Here's something for you to ponder whilst staying in...............

"null and void. phrase. If an agreement, a declaration, or the result of an election is null and void, it is not legally valid. A spokeswoman said the agreement had been declared null and void. The declaration was null and void as it was proclaimed in completely illegal circumstances."

9 minutes ago, Big J R said:

Here's something for you to ponder whilst staying in...............

"null and void. phrase. If an agreement, a declaration, or the result of an election is null and void, it is not legally valid. A spokeswoman said the agreement had been declared null and void. The declaration was null and void as it was proclaimed in completely illegal circumstances."

Hhhhhmmmmmm......

Season 2019/20 is now null and void so that should then mean that everything? not just the results and league standings are null and void Right? Shouldn't teams 2019/20 seasons fines be added to that?

#Justaskingthequestion? #Itdoesnteffecteitherway

5 hours ago, petethegreek said:

My point is that FA/CFA suspensions and fines stand. 
To take this a step further, how would you stand on a suspension already served during a void season?
The correct procedure / sanction was taken at the time. You cannot revisit that.

These are all things Karen could easily clear up for us once and for all, as well as whether the SSML Management Board meeting took place on 24 March and whether the SSML AGM is still planned to go ahead on 27 June however she has conveniently gone to ground. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

These are all things Karen could easily clear up for us once and for all, as well as whether the SSML Management Board meeting took place on 24 March and whether the SSML AGM is still planned to go ahead on 27 June however she has conveniently gone to ground. 

The silence is deafening. 

10 hours ago, patemondo said:

The County FA (possibly by FA direction) have form on this as all clubs already know. If a game gets abandoned and a player has been booked or sent off the club picks up the fair play points whilst the player (or club) picks up the charge costs and any suspensions that go with it. They have got away with that without any legal challenge (probably because of the small costs to clubs).  

If this wasn't the case, then there would be nothing stopping player getting a game abandoned, without any recourse.

Also, if a player is suspended Sine Die for an assault, or the like, during an abandoned game(probably the cause for an abandonment) then again there would be no recourse

If all fines and suspensions were lifted for this season then any player suspended Sine Die would be free to play again.

However, I do think any suspension of 3 games or less should be expunged for the start of the new season. Anything over, should have 3 games taken off of it

15 hours ago, patemondo said:

With respect Karen cannot comment as she is a committee member of SSML. 

It doesn't seem to have stopped her before when putting us right on certain things, it would just be nice to get some clarification from the horses mouth. Anyway, a certain match Official regularly comments on here, should that not be frowned upon by the SSML hierarchy, particularly as he has close links with one Club in particularly who play in Division One.

On 03/04/2020 at 16:28, petethegreek said:

My point is that FA/CFA suspensions and fines stand. 

To take this a step further, how would you stand on a suspension already served during a void season?

The correct procedure / sanction was taken at the time. You cannot revisit that.

Okay, thanks for that, let us wait and see what happens as all should hopefully become clearer over the next week or so. Regarding fines, I was amazed at seeing the list below from the Southern Combination League, it seems like Club's can be fined for blowing their nose in that League:

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Okay, thanks for that, let us wait and see what happens as all should hopefully become clearer over the next week or so. Regarding fines, I was amazed at seeing the list below from the Southern Combination League, it seems like Club's can be fined for blowing their nose in that League:

I would question the legality of this.

Rules should apply equally to all Teams irrespective of which Division you are in or if you are a Reserve Team. 

I see that despite all the uncertainty at the present time, the FA are still insisting Club's cough up their pricey entry fees for all the 2020/21 Competitions:

Billede

Check out what the Step 7 Hampshire Premier Football League are doing for their affiliated Club's for next season, I wonder how many other Leagues will follow suit:

Billede

Just picking up on something that was discussed at the 21 January SSML Management Board meeting and League Branded Footballs for the 2020/21 campaign, what is the latest position on those out of interest if Karen is able to answer. I gather an order was placed for 500 balls with our current football supplier, Hereward Sports & Leisure based in Peterborough, however I wonder whether the balls have already been delivered or, if not, whether the order will be put on ice in the circumstances we currently find ourselves in: 

https://www.spartansouthmidlandsleague.co.uk/board-minutes-21-january/

Edited by Rhodes

I also noticed, in the 21 January SSML Management Board Minutes, that three Division Two Club's were not represented at their Mid-Season Club meeting on 13 January, that's a really poor show isn't it as I gather the meeting was held at the Bedfordshire FA in Dunstable, in fairly close proximity to all Division Two Club's. Hopefully all Club's were represented at the Division One meeting on 10 February and the Premier Division meeting on 17 February although that's not exactly mid-season is it, more like three quarters of the way through.

Edited by Rhodes

I think some of the lower, less sponsored clubs are really starting to weigh up their options !

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure whether this is the correct thread however it is certainly related to the SSML and next season and will be of interest to a certain Official who posts on the Forum. The FA have postponed June and July fitness checks for Non League Referees at Steps 3-5 level, each summer Referees are obliged to undergo a fitness check ahead of a new season. The postponement indicates that the 2020/21 campaign is very unlikely to start on time unless the FA decide to forgo the fitness checks.

13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Not sure whether this is the correct thread however it is certainly related to the SSML and next season and will be of interest to a certain Official who posts on the Forum. The FA have postponed June and July fitness checks for Non League Referees at Steps 3-5 level, each summer Referees are obliged to undergo a fitness check ahead of a new season. The postponement indicates that the 2020/21 campaign is very unlikely to start on time unless the FA decide to forgo the fitness checks.

I was talking about fitness tests with a colleague just the other day as to when these would be held.

Fitness tests by the FA affect Level 4 referees and above so the impact to the SSMFL would be for those in the middle of Premier Division fixtures and certain Cup games.

There are SSMFL fitness tests for Assistant Referees to determine their eligibility to officiate in the Premier Division.

• 2 weeks later...

I note from the August Management Board minutes, at the start of this season, that there was talk of a restructuring of the League Management and a report had been prepared however it was agreed to await the outcome of the League Constitution for the 2020/21 campaign. As there are going to be no changes to the League Constitution for 2020/21 what is the current position on the League Management Structure out of interest:

LEAGUE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE - A report prepared by the General Secretary covering the current and possible future structure of the League Management was received and considered and various points noted.  Whilst agreeing that perhaps there was a need to restructure how the League operates, as with Minute 4 above, it was felt that, with the possibility of a number of changes to the League Constitution for season 2020/2021, it would be better to await the outcome of this exercise and then consider changes in time for ratification at the 2020 AGM. 

On 04/04/2020 at 00:22, Enfield Til It Died said:

If this wasn't the case, then there would be nothing stopping player getting a game abandoned, without any recourse.

Also, if a player is suspended Sine Die for an assault, or the like, during an abandoned game(probably the cause for an abandonment) then again there would be no recourse

If all fines and suspensions were lifted for this season then any player suspended Sine Die would be free to play again.

However, I do think any suspension of 3 games or less should be expunged for the start of the new season. Anything over, should have 3 games taken off of it

Agree with that, as I said else where, bit of common sense and nuance. I would suspect any assault offence is also a matter for the police. There should have been consultations with the clubs and all of the whys and wherefore a should have been discussed. There was no need to rush anything. 

I gather that the SSML Management Board have come to the decision to kindly waive the payment of subscriptions for their Member Clubs for the 2020/2021 season. Many thanks.

On 23/05/2020 at 10:52, Rhodes said:

I gather that the SSML Management Board have come to the decision to kindly waive the payment of subscriptions for their Member Clubs for the 2020/2021 season. Many thanks.

A great gesture.