Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

SSML - Annual General Meeting (AGM)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, patemondo said:

The County FA (possibly by FA direction) have form on this as all clubs already know. If a game gets abandoned and a player has been booked or sent off the club picks up the fair play points whilst the player (or club) picks up the charge costs and any suspensions that go with it. They have got away with that without any legal challenge (probably because of the small costs to clubs).  

If this wasn't the case, then there would be nothing stopping player getting a game abandoned, without any recourse.

Also, if a player is suspended Sine Die for an assault, or the like, during an abandoned game(probably the cause for an abandonment) then again there would be no recourse

If all fines and suspensions were lifted for this season then any player suspended Sine Die would be free to play again.

However, I do think any suspension of 3 games or less should be expunged for the start of the new season. Anything over, should have 3 games taken off of it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, patemondo said:

With respect Karen cannot comment as she is a committee member of SSML. 

It doesn't seem to have stopped her before when putting us right on certain things, it would just be nice to get some clarification from the horses mouth. Anyway, a certain match Official regularly comments on here, should that not be frowned upon by the SSML hierarchy, particularly as he has close links with one Club in particularly who play in Division One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2020 at 16:28, petethegreek said:

My point is that FA/CFA suspensions and fines stand. 

To take this a step further, how would you stand on a suspension already served during a void season?

The correct procedure / sanction was taken at the time. You cannot revisit that.

Okay, thanks for that, let us wait and see what happens as all should hopefully become clearer over the next week or so. Regarding fines, I was amazed at seeing the list below from the Southern Combination League, it seems like Club's can be fined for blowing their nose in that League:

Image

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Okay, thanks for that, let us wait and see what happens as all should hopefully become clearer over the next week or so. Regarding fines, I was amazed at seeing the list below from the Southern Combination League, it seems like Club's can be fined for blowing their nose in that League:

Image

 

 

I would question the legality of this.

Rules should apply equally to all Teams irrespective of which Division you are in or if you are a Reserve Team. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that despite all the uncertainty at the present time, the FA are still insisting Club's cough up their pricey entry fees for all the 2020/21 Competitions:

Billede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out what the Step 7 Hampshire Premier Football League are doing for their affiliated Club's for next season, I wonder how many other Leagues will follow suit:

Billede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just picking up on something that was discussed at the 21 January SSML Management Board meeting and League Branded Footballs for the 2020/21 campaign, what is the latest position on those out of interest if Karen is able to answer. I gather an order was placed for 500 balls with our current football supplier, Hereward Sports & Leisure based in Peterborough, however I wonder whether the balls have already been delivered or, if not, whether the order will be put on ice in the circumstances we currently find ourselves in: 

https://www.spartansouthmidlandsleague.co.uk/board-minutes-21-january/

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I also noticed, in the 21 January SSML Management Board Minutes, that three Division Two Club's were not represented at their Mid-Season Club meeting on 13 January, that's a really poor show isn't it as I gather the meeting was held at the Bedfordshire FA in Dunstable, in fairly close proximity to all Division Two Club's. Hopefully all Club's were represented at the Division One meeting on 10 February and the Premier Division meeting on 17 February although that's not exactly mid-season is it, more like three quarters of the way through.

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of the lower, less sponsored clubs are really starting to weigh up their options !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure whether this is the correct thread however it is certainly related to the SSML and next season and will be of interest to a certain Official who posts on the Forum. The FA have postponed June and July fitness checks for Non League Referees at Steps 3-5 level, each summer Referees are obliged to undergo a fitness check ahead of a new season. The postponement indicates that the 2020/21 campaign is very unlikely to start on time unless the FA decide to forgo the fitness checks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Not sure whether this is the correct thread however it is certainly related to the SSML and next season and will be of interest to a certain Official who posts on the Forum. The FA have postponed June and July fitness checks for Non League Referees at Steps 3-5 level, each summer Referees are obliged to undergo a fitness check ahead of a new season. The postponement indicates that the 2020/21 campaign is very unlikely to start on time unless the FA decide to forgo the fitness checks.

I was talking about fitness tests with a colleague just the other day as to when these would be held.

Fitness tests by the FA affect Level 4 referees and above so the impact to the SSMFL would be for those in the middle of Premier Division fixtures and certain Cup games.

There are SSMFL fitness tests for Assistant Referees to determine their eligibility to officiate in the Premier Division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I note from the August Management Board minutes, at the start of this season, that there was talk of a restructuring of the League Management and a report had been prepared however it was agreed to await the outcome of the League Constitution for the 2020/21 campaign. As there are going to be no changes to the League Constitution for 2020/21 what is the current position on the League Management Structure out of interest:

LEAGUE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE - A report prepared by the General Secretary covering the current and possible future structure of the League Management was received and considered and various points noted.  Whilst agreeing that perhaps there was a need to restructure how the League operates, as with Minute 4 above, it was felt that, with the possibility of a number of changes to the League Constitution for season 2020/2021, it would be better to await the outcome of this exercise and then consider changes in time for ratification at the 2020 AGM. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2020 at 00:22, Enfield Til It Died said:

If this wasn't the case, then there would be nothing stopping player getting a game abandoned, without any recourse.

Also, if a player is suspended Sine Die for an assault, or the like, during an abandoned game(probably the cause for an abandonment) then again there would be no recourse

If all fines and suspensions were lifted for this season then any player suspended Sine Die would be free to play again.

However, I do think any suspension of 3 games or less should be expunged for the start of the new season. Anything over, should have 3 games taken off of it

 

Agree with that, as I said else where, bit of common sense and nuance. I would suspect any assault offence is also a matter for the police. There should have been consultations with the clubs and all of the whys and wherefore a should have been discussed. There was no need to rush anything. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gather that the SSML Management Board have come to the decision to kindly waive the payment of subscriptions for their Member Clubs for the 2020/2021 season. Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 10:52, Rhodes said:

I gather that the SSML Management Board have come to the decision to kindly waive the payment of subscriptions for their Member Clubs for the 2020/2021 season. Many thanks.

A great gesture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here we go folks, at least a bit of movement, the FA have asked all Step 5 and 6 Leagues to be represented at a meeting on Friday 19 June, the aim of the on-line meeting is to apparently discuss possible scenarios for the 2020/21 campaign. The timing is actually quite good a week or so before the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June which I gather is still going ahead via webinar, presumably from over 54 different locations:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 00:04, Rhodes said:

The FA have postponed June and July fitness checks for Non League Referees at Steps 3-5 level, each summer Referees are obliged to undergo a fitness check ahead of a new season. The postponement indicates that the 2020/21 campaign is very unlikely to start on time unless the FA decide to forgo the fitness checks.

There is some debate on Referees fitness checks on another Forum:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/when-will-season-20-21-realistically-begin.1284/page-23

The referees at Step 6 and a lot of Step 7 leagues are also subject the same fitness tests. Level 4 (Supply League) referees are managed by the FA. Supply Leagues currently range between Steps 5 and 7, the proposed reorganisation that's been put back was effectively going to take away Supply League status from the vast majority of Step 7 leagues that have it.

Level 5 referees, who are going for promotion to Level 4, are managed by County FAs and also have to pass a fitness test. They generally referee on Step 7 leagues that haven't got Supply League status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There is some debate on Referees fitness checks on another Forum:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/when-will-season-20-21-realistically-begin.1284/page-23

The referees at Step 6 and a lot of Step 7 leagues are also subject the same fitness tests. Level 4 (Supply League) referees are managed by the FA. Supply Leagues currently range between Steps 5 and 7, the proposed reorganisation that's been put back was effectively going to take away Supply League status from the vast majority of Step 7 leagues that have it.

Level 5 referees, who are going for promotion to Level 4, are managed by County FAs and also have to pass a fitness test. They generally referee on Step 7 leagues that haven't got Supply League status.

I was on the NLM Forum yesterday looking at that 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:37, Rhodes said:

Here we go folks, at least a bit of movement, the FA have asked all Step 5 and 6 Leagues to be represented at a meeting on Friday 19 June, the aim of the on-line meeting is to apparently discuss possible scenarios for the 2020/21 campaign. The timing is actually quite good a week or so before the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June which I gather is still going ahead via webinar, presumably from over 54 different locations:

Just a reminder that the FA will update all Step 5 and 6 leagues on Friday at 1.30pm on, amongst other things, ‘Scenario Planning’ for the 2020/21 campaign, whatever that is and whenever the new season will start. Watch this space for further information after the meeting from Friday evening, the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June will certainly be interesting and I would love to be a fly on the wall or should I say sat at one one of the over 54 webinar locations:

Billede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing quite like a bit of 'Scenario Planning'.

It's a bit like Family Planning, but with more possible outcomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big J R - It's the usual claptrap from the FA isn't it, they really haven't got a clue and have handled the whole Coronavirus situation abysmally to put it mildly, they didn't know what had hit them from the very beginning, apart from in their pocket that is, and they still don't three months down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2020 at 19:54, Rhodes said:

Big J R - It's the usual claptrap from the FA isn't it, they really haven't got a clue and have handled the whole Coronavirus situation abysmally to put it mildly, they didn't know what had hit them from the very beginning, apart from in their pocket that is, and they still don't three months down the line.

I must agree !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:37, Rhodes said:

Just a reminder that the FA will update all Step 5 and 6 leagues on Friday at 1.30pm on, amongst other things, ‘Scenario Planning’ for the 2020/21 campaign, whatever that is and whenever the new season will start. Watch this space for further information after the meeting from Friday evening, the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June will certainly be interesting and I would love to be a fly on the wall or should I say sat at one one of the over 54 webinar locations:

No news as yet on this afternoon's meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues however continue to watch this space for any updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that they haven't wasted any time at all on another Forum debating this afternoon's meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues, it does seem totally 'bonkers' doesn't it that Step 7 can't start until Step 1 starts:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/fa-steps-5-6-meeting-plans-for-20-21-revealed.1704/

So Step 7 can't start until Step 1 starts! Bonkers!

Games cannot re-start at Steps 1 to 7 of the NLS without spectators, AND ALL STEPS ARE TIED TOGETHER on a restart date (eg Step 6 cannot start whilst Step 3 is not allowed and vice versa) Football BELOW Step 7 where no admission is taken may start on a different date and is subject to specific “grass-roots” Govt guidance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...