Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML - Annual General Meeting (AGM)

Here we go folks, at least a bit of movement, the FA have asked all Step 5 and 6 Leagues to be represented at a meeting on Friday 19 June, the aim of the on-line meeting is to apparently discuss possible scenarios for the 2020/21 campaign. The timing is actually quite good a week or so before the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June which I gather is still going ahead via webinar, presumably from over 54 different locations:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 00:04, Rhodes said:

The FA have postponed June and July fitness checks for Non League Referees at Steps 3-5 level, each summer Referees are obliged to undergo a fitness check ahead of a new season. The postponement indicates that the 2020/21 campaign is very unlikely to start on time unless the FA decide to forgo the fitness checks.

There is some debate on Referees fitness checks on another Forum:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/when-will-season-20-21-realistically-begin.1284/page-23

The referees at Step 6 and a lot of Step 7 leagues are also subject the same fitness tests. Level 4 (Supply League) referees are managed by the FA. Supply Leagues currently range between Steps 5 and 7, the proposed reorganisation that's been put back was effectively going to take away Supply League status from the vast majority of Step 7 leagues that have it.

Level 5 referees, who are going for promotion to Level 4, are managed by County FAs and also have to pass a fitness test. They generally referee on Step 7 leagues that haven't got Supply League status.

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There is some debate on Referees fitness checks on another Forum:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/when-will-season-20-21-realistically-begin.1284/page-23

The referees at Step 6 and a lot of Step 7 leagues are also subject the same fitness tests. Level 4 (Supply League) referees are managed by the FA. Supply Leagues currently range between Steps 5 and 7, the proposed reorganisation that's been put back was effectively going to take away Supply League status from the vast majority of Step 7 leagues that have it.

Level 5 referees, who are going for promotion to Level 4, are managed by County FAs and also have to pass a fitness test. They generally referee on Step 7 leagues that haven't got Supply League status.

I was on the NLM Forum yesterday looking at that ?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:37, Rhodes said:

Here we go folks, at least a bit of movement, the FA have asked all Step 5 and 6 Leagues to be represented at a meeting on Friday 19 June, the aim of the on-line meeting is to apparently discuss possible scenarios for the 2020/21 campaign. The timing is actually quite good a week or so before the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June which I gather is still going ahead via webinar, presumably from over 54 different locations:

Just a reminder that the FA will update all Step 5 and 6 leagues on Friday at 1.30pm on, amongst other things, ‘Scenario Planning’ for the 2020/21 campaign, whatever that is and whenever the new season will start. Watch this space for further information after the meeting from Friday evening, the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June will certainly be interesting and I would love to be a fly on the wall or should I say sat at one one of the over 54 webinar locations:

Billede

There's nothing quite like a bit of 'Scenario Planning'.

It's a bit like Family Planning, but with more possible outcomes.

Big J R - It's the usual claptrap from the FA isn't it, they really haven't got a clue and have handled the whole Coronavirus situation abysmally to put it mildly, they didn't know what had hit them from the very beginning, apart from in their pocket that is, and they still don't three months down the line.

On 16/06/2020 at 19:54, Rhodes said:

Big J R - It's the usual claptrap from the FA isn't it, they really haven't got a clue and have handled the whole Coronavirus situation abysmally to put it mildly, they didn't know what had hit them from the very beginning, apart from in their pocket that is, and they still don't three months down the line.

I must agree !

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:37, Rhodes said:

Just a reminder that the FA will update all Step 5 and 6 leagues on Friday at 1.30pm on, amongst other things, ‘Scenario Planning’ for the 2020/21 campaign, whatever that is and whenever the new season will start. Watch this space for further information after the meeting from Friday evening, the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 27 June will certainly be interesting and I would love to be a fly on the wall or should I say sat at one one of the over 54 webinar locations:

No news as yet on this afternoon's meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues however continue to watch this space for any updates

An interesting summary of this afternoon' meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues:

https://www.swpleague.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/SUMMARY-OF-FA-MEETING-TODAY-WITH-STEP-5.pdf

I see that they haven't wasted any time at all on another Forum debating this afternoon's meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues, it does seem totally 'bonkers' doesn't it that Step 7 can't start until Step 1 starts:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/fa-steps-5-6-meeting-plans-for-20-21-revealed.1704/

So Step 7 can't start until Step 1 starts! Bonkers!

Games cannot re-start at Steps 1 to 7 of the NLS without spectators, AND ALL STEPS ARE TIED TOGETHER on a restart date (eg Step 6 cannot start whilst Step 3 is not allowed and vice versa) Football BELOW Step 7 where no admission is taken may start on a different date and is subject to specific “grass-roots” Govt guidance.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I see that they haven't wasted any time at all on another Forum debating this afternoon's meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues, it does seem totally 'bonkers' doesn't it that Step 7 can't start until Step 1 starts:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/fa-steps-5-6-meeting-plans-for-20-21-revealed.1704/

So Step 7 can't start until Step 1 starts! Bonkers!

Games cannot re-start at Steps 1 to 7 of the NLS without spectators, AND ALL STEPS ARE TIED TOGETHER on a restart date (eg Step 6 cannot start whilst Step 3 is not allowed and vice versa) Football BELOW Step 7 where no admission is taken may start on a different date and is subject to specific “grass-roots” Govt guidance.

:shocked2(2):What a load of crap.

It is getting more and more interesting on another Forum with all the speculation, conjecture, supposition, tittle tattle, theorising, presumption, hearsay, hunches, second guessing and Chinese whispers, this is a good post:

Step 7 still exists - just from season 20/21 it was to be outside the NLS and under the control of the County FA's rather than the FA as "Regional Feeder Leagues".
Seems the FA can't quite decide if those changes are delayed for a year or happen now. The referee changes removing supply league status have happened for 20/21. However the FA still want to make decisions on how the leagues run as if they are part of the NLS rather than leaving it to the County FAs, 
Have to wait and see if some of the other announcements at the meeting affect step 7 leagues particularly those on funding, where I'd assume the development money will be lost immediately rather than in a couple seasons time which was inevitably going to happen once the FA cut the leagues out from the NLS. I just hope no leagues have already committed to spend the money for next season as they were told previously that it was carrying on.

This is going to be a devastating body blow to Club's and League's isn't it, FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase prize money will also be reduced next season with the FA Cup prize money for the early rounds halved and back to the paltry levels of 2018 and before, the FA Trophy and FA Vase pot has reduced by around 6%:

I understand that the FA is facing a £300 million shortfall in its income over the next 4 years.
As a result, the National Game budget has been cut by £22 million (38% of its allocation).
There will no longer be any League Development Grant funding for Steps 1 to 7.

Edited by Rhodes

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 19:40, Rhodes said:

I see that they haven't wasted any time at all on another Forum debating this afternoon's meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues

The Hellenic League have summarised last Thursday's meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues and added one or two things, there is also a scenario planning roadmap although it may not be possible for everybody to access that in the format it is in:

https://hellenicleague.co.uk/club-news/fa/2006-20.html

So are we all on our starting blocks for the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) tomorrow morning, how is it going to work out of interest and is there an Agenda that Karen could post on here if she doesn't mind, thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So are we all on our starting blocks for the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) tomorrow morning, how is it going to work out of interest and is there an Agenda that Karen could post on here if she doesn't mind, thanks in advance.

We are all logging on as a zoom meeting at 10.30am on Saturday.

It's 'D Day' then folks, 'Cometh The Hour Cometh The Man' or doesn't that saying apply here. It will certainly be interesting though at 10.30am with the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) in the total hands of technology for, presumably, the first time in it's 23 year history since the amalgamation of the Spartan League and South Midlands League in 1997, I wouldn't have thought the Spartan League held any so called webinars or video conferences between 1907 and 1997 or the South Midlands League between 1922 and 1997. I have been reliably informed that the meeting will be conducted through the Zoom videoconferencing software programme, Zoom is a stand alone desk top based app and popular due to its simple interface and usability, specifically for non-tech minded people and I am sure there are many of those at the 53 SSML Club's taking part in today's AGM. All Club representatives were told some weeks ago to download the technology and have been sent log in details for entering the meeting from 10.20am, I hope it all goes well and there are no glitches as is often the way with technology such as this no matter how good it supposedly is.

Any news  yet, have all the groundshares been sorted out for the new season or is that deadline 31 July in conjunction with Ground Grading, will Milton Keynes Irish be in Division One or Division Two, are we still going to get League branded footballs and are there any SSML Club's currently on their last legs financially. 

Worked really well as a Zoom meeting with all 53 member clubs represented.

FA League meeting is on 14th July that will announce the SSML league constitution for 2020/21 season including any lateral movements.

New heat sealed balls to be distributed to premier league clubs only.  League 1 and 2 will have the same balls as last season.

Understandably in front of every other league club, no one disclosed any financial difficulties at their club.

All secretaries will get formal minutes shortly but general view was a well done to everyone at the SSML for a well run and productive AGM and can see Zoom meetings for these type of events being the norm.  Personally great to see my fellow colleagues involved at the other clubs albeit via their houses! 

Edited by Deano5

Deano5 - Karen won't like you spilling the beans on here but thanks so much for the information, I am glad that it went well.