Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML - Annual General Meeting (AGM)

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Deano5 - Karen won't like you spilling the beans on here but thanks so much for the information, I am glad that it went well.

Not quite sure what I've spilt the beans on other than saying there is an FA meeting on 14th July?

Deano5 - Was there anything on Reserve Team Football being re-introduced, I wouldn't have thought so in the current climate but possibly for 2021/22:

d. Reserve Team Football – It was agreed to keep under review the possible introduction of some form of Reserve Team structure for Season 2020/2021.  This would, of course, be dependent upon the outcome of the proposed restructure of Step 5/Step 6 football for next Season. 

6 hours ago, Deano5 said:

Not quite sure what I've spilt the beans on other than saying there is an FA meeting on 14th July?

Yeah you didn't speel any beans ??

Why would the 2020/21 non league footy season not start on time when you can do this ⬇️ ?

EbX19i8XgAEj_5E?format=jpg&name=900x900

And not forgetting all the marches in London and other cities during the last month ?

Edited by Savagebee

17 hours ago, Deano5 said:

Deano5 - Karen is very prim and proper and a bit of a kill joy, she will frown upon a Club Secretary/Official coming on here straight after an Annual General Meeting (AGM) and letting the cat out of the bag as to what went on and what was discussed, I think she is just a bit afraid of upsetting the SSML hierarchy in any way who can be a little 'stuffy' at times, no offence intended, but she's obviously a wonderful fixture Secretary for us, the best in the business I would say.

I see that Oxhey Jets 'lifted' the SSML Sportsman Trophy at yesterday's Annual General Meeting, congratulations to them. Eynesbury Rovers unsurprisingly won the award for the best playing surface in the Premier Division, Old Bradwell United Club Secretary Clive Carter deservedly won the Fred Cain trophy and there was another prestigious award for the Abbey Road Club when David Keene won SSML Manager of the season, a huge, albeit deserved, achievement for a Second Division Club.

I assume that Harpenden Town's fund raising achievement for Rennie Grove Hospice Care was recognised at Saturday SSML AGM, Club Chairman Roman Motyczak and others completed their 926 mile journey recently to all SSML Premier Division grounds raising their target of £1000 and a little bit more:

Billede

On this thread on another Forum, entitled 'Step 6 promotion applicants from step 7', it states that Step 7 Leagues will be under the jurisdiction of County FA's next season or have I just got the wrong end of the stick, was anything discussed at the AGM on Saturday. Here are some of the posts in question and the first three relate to the SSML, it's all a bit confusing: 

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/step-6-promotion-applicants-from-step-7.243/page-15

1. What would this mean for cross-boundary divisions at Step 7 which are a part of a Step 5-7 league set up? For example, the Spartan South Midlands League which has a Division Two of mainly first team clubs, geographically located in Bucks, Herts and Beds?

2. Good question. Who actually sanctions the Spartan South Midlands League? It looks like their step 5 and 6 divisions will be under a different set of regulations to their former step 7 division. Perhaps they always have been.

3. I think clubs in Div Two like to be a part of the league for its more senior status than a County League in terms of its administration, a natural progression for opportunity to be promoted into Div One, the chance to play quality sides in the Challenge Cup etc.

4. They always were under separate regulations, from next season Step 5/6 will be FA sanctioned and under the FA's plans Step 7 will be a "separate" competition sanctioned by a county FA, possibly on behalf of a group of Counties. 

5. You say the constitutions for Step 7 will be confirmed by the Leagues Committee at their meeting on 14 July.
However there will not be a step 7 next season. The clubs will form divisions that are feeders to the National League System and will be controlled by County FAs. So surely the new constitutions should be ratified by the County FAs not the Leagues Committee.

6. They will be governed by County FAs rather than the league Committee. It probably has practical benefits administration wise or at least they think it will have. But it is in my opinion more realistic because it is at Step 6 where the ground grading becomes more strict and its the real start of semi pro football. Not seen an actual date when Step 7 ceases but it possibly has already has happened.

7. Step 7 has definitely already been abolished. Just waiting for the FA to reveal which leagues have 'Regional Feeder League' status.

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

Given I was unwell I did not log into the AGM meeting so do not have any knowledge of what went on

Was the AGM recorded?

Asking for a friend. ?

Thanks for posting that Karen and I was sorry to hear you were unwell last Saturday and did not attend the AGM, I hope you are feeling better now. I see that MK Gallacticos were the only Club not to be represented at the meeting, that's a poor show isn't it.

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 18:04, Rhodes said:

An interesting summary of this afternoon' meeting between the FA and Step 5 and 6 leagues:

https://www.swpleague.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/SUMMARY-OF-FA-MEETING-TODAY-WITH-STEP-5.pdf

I see that the FA have asked for the views from Step 5 and 6 leagues on what should happen if next season is curtailed early, presumably they mean as was the case this past season due to the Coronavirus, the Northern Football League have already responded:

As part of an FA consultation exercise, a majority of our clubs are in favour of promotion and relegation being decided on a Points Per Game formula if 75% of games have been played. Many would also prefer a season to be declared null and void if fewer games than that were played

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 09:28, Rhodes said:

On this thread on another Forum, entitled 'Step 6 promotion applicants from step 7', it states that Step 7 Leagues will be under the jurisdiction of County FA's next season or have I just got the wrong end of the stick, was anything discussed at the AGM on Saturday 

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/step-6-promotion-applicants-from-step-7.243/page-15

I'm surprised not more has been made of this on the Forum, Step 7 Leagues will become so called ‘Regional NLS Feeder Leagues’ this season which means they will be sanctioned by the local County FA's, Club's can still apply for promotion to Step 6 in the same way and, interestingly, I gather that 2019/20 promotion applications can be carried forward to 2020/21 which applies to Codicote and Berkhamsted Raiders:

Billede

• 1 month later...
On 02/04/2020 at 15:42, Rhodes said:

Despite the non-league season being expunged, suspensions WILL still apply.
All outstanding suspensions will commence at the start of next season.
Disciplinary fines still need to be paid & previously paid fines won't be refunded.

It's simply laughable that despite Steps 3-7 being made null and void last season suspensions still apply and players with unserved suspensions will have to serve them at the start of the season, you really couldn't make it up could you:

Billede

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

It's simply laughable that despite Steps 3-7 being made null and void last season suspensions still apply and players with unserved suspensions will have to serve them at the start of the season, you really couldn't make it up could you:

Billede

Suspensions have always carried over into the new season so nothing has changed. 

17 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Suspensions have always carried over into the new season so nothing has changed. 

I'm not sure what you mean, the 2019/20 season was declared null and void wasn't it so why should suspensions incurred during 2019/20 be carried over into 2020/21.

No different to if a game is abandoned, bookings and sending offs count in those games and are not wiped off just because the result does not stand.

Its been a law of the game for years, everyone knows and is aware of it, so lets just be glad football is back

By the way will clubs be wiping all their records from last season, no player played a game, no one scored a goal, all player milestones to be re-written. I doubt it