Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Any Positive SSML Newes Out There?


Recommended Posts

:shrug: Anything at all? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ollie Bayliss always has some positive and good news stories on his Twitter page, it's such a shame that his BBC Three Counties Radio Non League show was taken off air on a Tuesday evening:

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Ollie Bayliss always has some positive and good news stories on his Twitter page, it's such a shame that his BBC Three Counties Radio Non League show was taken off air on a Tuesday evening:

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss

:thumbsup(2):

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a thread on another Forum entitled 'Cup Finals That Have Been Played' and it included Stotfold's comfortable 2-0 victory over Stevington in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Final on Wednesday 11 March at The Eyrie, just before the curtain came down so abruptly. It would have been interesting to see whether Stotfold could have gone on to also lift the Division One Cup on 29 April against St Panteleimon and the Hitchingbrooke Cup this season as well as gain promotion to the Premier Division which was looking like a formality, the New Roker Park would have been a great Premier Division venue for next season:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/cup-finals-that-have-been-played.1221/

Billede

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There's a thread on another Forum entitled 'Cup Finals That Have Been Played' and it included Stotfold's comfortable 2-0 victory over Stevington in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Final on Wednesday 11 March at The Eyrie, just before the curtain came down so abruptly. It would have been interesting to see whether Stotfold could have gone on to also lift the Division One Cup on 29 April against St Panteleimon and the Hitchingbrooke Cup this season as well as gain promotion to the Premier Division which was looking like a formality, the New Roker Park would have been a great Premier Division venue for next season:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/cup-finals-that-have-been-played.1221/

Billede

Are you a member NLM forum Rhodes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Are you a member NLM forum Rhodes?

Actually I was banned from it a good number of years ago and never bothered trying to join again, I find posting on here time consuming enough so I don't  think I will bother

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Actually I was banned from it a good number of years ago and never bothered trying to join again, I find posting on here time consuming enough so I don't  think I will bother

Fair enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Edgeware v Corinthian casuals at The White Lion ground 14/3/87. Cracking photo. 

75AD63B6-55EE-4B12-9B4C-719EC6693622.jpeg

Love that photo :thumbsup(2):

Never got the chance to go to The White Lion Ground and it looks like my sort of ground i love the dugouts and the raised grass area behind the goal.

I loved Hayes FCs, Hendon FCs and Southall FCs old grounds I used love going to them grounds.

#Propernonleaguefootballgrounds

Edited by Savagebee
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Edgeware v Corinthian casuals at The White Lion ground 14/3/87. Cracking photo. 

Where's Gavin, look what the wonderful ground sadly became:

http://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2010/08/white-lion-ground-august-2010.html

kingsbury+030.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Love that photo :thumbsup(2):

Never got the chance to go to The White Lion Ground and it looks like my sort of ground i love the dugouts and the raised grass area behind the goal.

I loved Hayes FCs, Hendon FCs and Southall FCs old grounds I used love going to them grounds.

#Propernonleaguefootballgrounds

Savagebee - Did you ever go to Aylesbury United's old ground at Buckingham Road before it was sadly left to rot after Aylesbury United left in July 2006 when the lease expired. They were of course a former SSML Club but never during their time at Buckingham Road as far as I'm aware:

 

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Where's Gavin, look what the wonderful ground sadly became:

http://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2010/08/white-lion-ground-august-2010.html

kingsbury+030.JPG

Is the ground still there now? Like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Did you ever go to Aylesbury United's old ground at Buckingham Road before it was sadly left to rot after Aylesbury United left in July 2006 when the lease expired. They were of course a former SSML Club but never during their time at Buckingham Road as far as I'm aware:

 

No but I've been to there new ground.

There's something really sad about seeing a football ground rot away.

I'm guessing it's a housing estate now? 😡

Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - You mentioned Hendon's Claremont Road earlier and that really was a ground wasn't it, I loved the floodlights. Surprise surprise, Fairview Homes Limited bought the land and made a killing building yuppie flats:

APPLICANT: Fairview New Homes Limited 

PROPOSAL: Redevelopment to provide 135 residential units (comprising 84 flats in 3 five storey blocks and 51 two/three storey dwelling houses); associated highway works including new accesses from Claremont Road and removal of existing accesses; internal street network, car parking, refuse storage, landscaping and amenity space provision 

Hendon FC, Claremont Road Ground

 

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - You mentioned Hendon's Claremont Road earlier and that really was a ground wasn't it, I loved the floodlights. Surprise surprise, Fairview Homes Limited bought the land and made a killing building yuppie flats:

APPLICANT: Fairview New Homes Limited 

PROPOSAL: Redevelopment to provide 135 residential units (comprising 84 flats in 3 five storey blocks and 51 two/three storey dwelling houses); associated highway works including new accesses from Claremont Road and removal of existing accesses; internal street network, car parking, refuse storage, landscaping and amenity space provision 

Hendon FC, Claremont Road Ground

 

Yep I loved the floodlights as well and it was a cracking ground as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Did you ever go to Aylesbury United's old ground at Buckingham Road before it was sadly left to rot after Aylesbury United left in July 2006 when the lease expired. They were of course a former SSML Club but never during their time at Buckingham Road as far as I'm aware:

 

My favourite ground, the pitch was as good as anything in the country at its peak. It’s a tragedy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

St Albans City FCs ground springs to mind as still being an old skool non league football ground?

Edited by Savagebee
Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - I think you posted that on the wrong thread, has it been a long day. I have just heard by the way that Eddie Large has sadly died from the Coronavirus, very sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I think you posted that on the wrong thread, has it been a long day. I have just heard by the way that Eddie Large has sadly died from the Coronavirus, very sad.

R.I.P. Eddie Large thanks for making me laugh when I was a kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Savagebee said:

St Albans City FCs ground springs to mind as still being an old skool non league football ground?

Savagebee - I see that you moved your earlier post. Clarence Park was one of the first grounds I visited in the early 70's, I remember bunking off school to go there, it was obviously a lot different back then to what it is like now:

stalb+016.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I see that you moved your earlier post. Clarence Park was one of the first grounds I visited in the early 70's, I remember bunking off school to go there, it was obviously a lot different back then to what it is like now:

stalb+016.JPG

I haven't been there for a few years but I remember it having largish terracing around three sides of the ground and plenty of bars to lean on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
On 02/04/2020 at 22:13, Winslow Boy said:

My favourite ground, the pitch was as good as anything in the country at its peak. It’s a tragedy. 

Winslow Boy - More photographs of a desolate Buckingham Road, as you said it's a tragedy however shouldn't more of an effort have been made by the Club to buy the ground back when it went up for auction last year with a guide price of just £500,000, it was their big and final chance and I gather they bid £650,000 however it was sold for £800,000:

Report - - Former Aylesbury United Football Stadium, Buckinghamshire, April 2019 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Wycombe Wanderer: Aylesbury United - Buckingham Road (footygrounds.blogspot.com)

Aylesbury United are bidding to buy back their former home Buckingham Road - Fan Banter

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - More photographs of a desolate Buckingham Road, as you said it's a tragedy however shouldn't more of an effort have been made by the Club to buy the ground back when it went up for auction last year with a guide price of just £500,000, it was their big and final chance and I gather they bid £650,000 however it was sold for £800,000:

Report - - Former Aylesbury United Football Stadium, Buckinghamshire, April 2019 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Wycombe Wanderer: Aylesbury United - Buckingham Road (footygrounds.blogspot.com)

Aylesbury United are bidding to buy back their former home Buckingham Road - Fan Banter

They had a budget and put in a bid, I think many think as you do though they should’ve or could’ve tried to beg, steal and borrow to raise that amount as it’s not obscene. That’s not to say the developers would have continued to bid higher. There is still belief in some quarters that they have a chance of buying it still, planning is far from passed in that site. There was a link posted on their own forum to sign objections to planning, more detail on there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

There was certainly some positive news today if the Health Secretary, Matt Hancock MP, can be believed following his very bouyant statement at 5.00pm and he had us eating out the palm of his hand, 9.2 million people across the UK have now been vaccinated against the virus, including 931,204 vaccinations during the weekend alone. There was unsurprisingly a catch though and 105 cases of the so called South African variant have recently been identified in the UK with eleven of those cases in areas with the W7, N17, CR4, WS2, ME15, EN10, GU21 and PR9 postcode who, apparently, have no links to International travel, EN10 is incidentally the Broxbourne postcode and N17 Haringey, both with former SSML Club's:

Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 1 February 2021 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There was certainly some positive news today if the Health Secretary, Matt Hancock MP, can be believed following his very bouyant statement at 5.00pm and he had us eating out the palm of his hand, 9.2 million people across the UK have now been vaccinated against the virus, including 931,204 vaccinations during the weekend alone. There was unsurprisingly a catch though and 105 cases of the so called South African variant have recently been identified in the UK with eleven of those cases in areas with the W7, N17, CR4, WS2, ME15, EN10, GU21 and PR9 postcode who, apparently, have no links to International travel, EN10 is incidentally the Broxbourne postcode and N17 Haringey, both with former SSML Club's:

Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 1 February 2021 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I trust nothing that the fake cryer says! 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 110 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...