Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This week's archive game

Urchins

Tomorrow would have been the last game of the season so I have found something special to put a smile on your face which hopefully will last until we begin again, hopefully, in August.

It's from about 11 years ago (!) and is a game that has become legendary - Weymouth v AFC Hornchurch in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup from October 2008.

https://youtu.be/kvlLt27q9Fs

Enjoy.

As usual, any problems let me know.

PS Next week would have been the play-off final. Whether we would have been involved in it or not we'll never know, but I'll try and dig something out for that weekend too. I have something in mind - I've just got to find it ?

Weymouth v AFC Hornchurch

Weymouth: Knowles, Mawer, Doe, Gaia, Sandwith, Ryan Williams, Robinson, McPhee, Cutler, Malcolm, Beavon.
Subs: Barnard, Bygrave, Joseph-Dubois, Webb, Frampton, Reiffer, Coutts.

AFC Hornchurch: Brightly, Barnard, Brown, Purdie, Goodfellow, Tomlinson, Frankie Curley, Janney, Kris Lee, Green, Styles.
Subs: Parker, Coyne, Sylvester, McFarlane, Stuart-Evans, Wall, Hodges.

Att: 904

1 hour ago, Fat Tom Daley said:

What a day! Thanks for putting this up Rob. Great memories 

Yes, brilliant memories - an inspired subsitution and fantastic celebrations 

Thanks Rob

Edited by bridgefan

Rob, have you got the game before Weymouth away?

I think it was away to Bromley, the one where Brightly got sent off and Styles went in goal and saved the day ?

Or even Dulwich at home around 2008, possibly earlier, it was a Friday night game and i think Craig Edwards was managing for them at the time, i believe we won.

Not sure if you would have, around 2003/2004 home to Basingstoke think we won about 6-0. Sure it was them??

Thanks very much, wow brings back some memories. Some great players in that team, still to this day Krissy Lee and Parker up there with the best signings we have ever made imo. Lee Brown one of the best left backs I've seen and gone on to have a great career too. Donnie, Tomo, Goodfellow, Purdie all fantastic players for us too. In fact the only player I don't think we saw the best out of was Hodges however he had a great career too.

Edited by kimbles left foot

Without doubt my favourite Hornchurch game (The playoff final where Michael Spencer scored late against Lowestoft and winning the league at Witham being the other two in the top 3). Bought a tear to my eye watching Jesus scoring the winner, so late on as well. Was a shame about the security guards not letting us in the clubhouse to celebrate afterwards (clearly out of spite) but that didn't dampen the day. Brilliant game.

Thank you for putting this up Rob

On 25/04/2020 at 18:11, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Rob, have you got the game before Weymouth away?

I think it was away to Bromley, the one where Brightly got sent off and Styles went in goal and saved the day ?

Or even Dulwich at home around 2008, possibly earlier, it was a Friday night game and i think Craig Edwards was managing for them at the time, i believe we won.

Not sure if you would have, around 2003/2004 home to Basingstoke think we won about 6-0. Sure it was them??

I'm almost certain I've got all of these games somewhere. Unfortunately, anything before 2012 will be on tape and I'm struggling at the moment to transfer them over into a digital format. Technology has moved on so quickly...