Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Urchins

This week's archive game

Tomorrow would have been the last game of the season so I have found something special to put a smile on your face which hopefully will last until we begin again, hopefully, in August.

It's from about 11 years ago (!) and is a game that has become legendary - Weymouth v AFC Hornchurch in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup from October 2008.

https://youtu.be/kvlLt27q9Fs

Enjoy.

As usual, any problems let me know.

PS Next week would have been the play-off final. Whether we would have been involved in it or not we'll never know, but I'll try and dig something out for that weekend too. I have something in mind - I've just got to find it 🙂

Rob have you got Dartford away, I think it was the following Tuesday 3-0up and drew, run out of legs from the Weymouth effort, Peterborough scout couldn't believe how good Simon Parker was, 

Weymouth v AFC Hornchurch

Weymouth: Knowles, Mawer, Doe, Gaia, Sandwith, Ryan Williams, Robinson, McPhee, Cutler, Malcolm, Beavon.
Subs: Barnard, Bygrave, Joseph-Dubois, Webb, Frampton, Reiffer, Coutts.

AFC Hornchurch: Brightly, Barnard, Brown, Purdie, Goodfellow, Tomlinson, Frankie Curley, Janney, Kris Lee, Green, Styles.
Subs: Parker, Coyne, Sylvester, McFarlane, Stuart-Evans, Wall, Hodges.

Att: 904

That's the first time I've watched that game as I was in Korea when we played it .... FANTASTIC  .... Jesus to the rescue. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fat Tom Daley said:

What a day! Thanks for putting this up Rob. Great memories 

Yes, brilliant memories - an inspired subsitution and fantastic celebrations 

Thanks Rob

Edited by bridgefan

Rob, have you got the game before Weymouth away?

I think it was away to Bromley, the one where Brightly got sent off and Styles went in goal and saved the day 😂

Or even Dulwich at home around 2008, possibly earlier, it was a Friday night game and i think Craig Edwards was managing for them at the time, i believe we won.

Not sure if you would have, around 2003/2004 home to Basingstoke think we won about 6-0. Sure it was them??

A great way to end the weekend, such great memories!

Thanks Rob for putting it and all the other games up. Looking forward to the next one! 

Posted (edited)

Thanks very much, wow brings back some memories. Some great players in that team, still to this day Krissy Lee and Parker up there with the best signings we have ever made imo. Lee Brown one of the best left backs I've seen and gone on to have a great career too. Donnie, Tomo, Goodfellow, Purdie all fantastic players for us too. In fact the only player I don't think we saw the best out of was Hodges however he had a great career too.

Edited by kimbles left foot

Without doubt my favourite Hornchurch game (The playoff final where Michael Spencer scored late against Lowestoft and winning the league at Witham being the other two in the top 3). Bought a tear to my eye watching Jesus scoring the winner, so late on as well. Was a shame about the security guards not letting us in the clubhouse to celebrate afterwards (clearly out of spite) but that didn't dampen the day. Brilliant game.

Thank you for putting this up Rob

On 25/04/2020 at 18:11, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Rob, have you got the game before Weymouth away?

I think it was away to Bromley, the one where Brightly got sent off and Styles went in goal and saved the day 😂

Or even Dulwich at home around 2008, possibly earlier, it was a Friday night game and i think Craig Edwards was managing for them at the time, i believe we won.

Not sure if you would have, around 2003/2004 home to Basingstoke think we won about 6-0. Sure it was them??

I'm almost certain I've got all of these games somewhere. Unfortunately, anything before 2012 will be on tape and I'm struggling at the moment to transfer them over into a digital format. Technology has moved on so quickly...

Just a thought Rob but perhaps you could release some of the future games in private mode and fans could perhaps donate towards the running of the club for access to the video URL? It may not amount to much but every little helps

Thank you for posting this game. It's funny how your memory  works. I remember the grotty B&B I stayed in on the Friday night, the beautiful lady who served me tea on the seafront pre match and Jesus scoring in the last minutes of the game. Great team and if anyone knows the whereabouts of Simon Parker tell him it's on YouTube! I agree with Miss Hornchurch the Bromley game with Elliot in goal plus any of the 1st/2nd round FA Cup matches if possible. 

On 28/04/2020 at 15:00, kimbles left foot said:

Just a thought Rob but perhaps you could release some of the future games in private mode and fans could perhaps donate towards the running of the club for access to the video URL? It may not amount to much but every little helps

The videos are currently marked as unlisted which means that anyone watch them but they have to have the exact link. They can't be found by searching in youtube. I've looked before at a way of charging a small fee for access via a login but youtube doesn't seem to work that way - unless I've missed something.

Maybe there are other platforms that can do this, but I would probably have to upload all the videos again to there and I would probably have to pay for that kind of service,  hence there might not be much benefit. I haven't really looked into that at much depth to be honest.

If I can get all the games off the tapes I have, then I've got maybe 15/16/17 seasons worth of (AFC) Hornchurch games. Wouldn't it be great if I could create something like a TV channel which constantly plays random games all day long ?

bit late to this, but a cracking idea.  well done Rob.  a few of us are going to do a live watch-along of this match today.

hope everyone keeping well and sane.

really good support.  got a good feeling about this.  

afchx.jpg