Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Constitution - 2020/2021

Here we go folks, here is the SSML Constitution for the 2020/2021 campaign whenever we get around to it, I have just slightly amended Karen's post from the start of last season as, presumably, other than losing Unite MK, Wodson Park and Grendon Rangers, it will remain exactly the same although I stand to be corrected:

PREMIER DIVISION (21 teams)

Arlesey Town, Aylesbury Vale Dynamos, Baldock Town, Biggleswade United, Broadfields United, Colney Heath, Crawley Green, Dunstable Town, Edgware Town, Eynesbury Rovers, Harefield United, Harpenden Town, Leighton Town, Leverstock Green, London Colney, Newport Pagnell Town, North Greenford United, Oxhey Jets,  Potton United, Tring Athletic, Wembley

DIVISION ONE (19 teams)

Amersham Town,  Ampthill Town, Bedford, Brimsdown, Buckingham Athletic, Enfield Borough, FC Broxbourne Borough, Hillingdon Borough, Langford, London Lions,  London Tigers,  Milton Keynes Robins, FC New Salamis,  Park View,  Rayners Lane, Shefford Town & Campton, Stotfold, St Panteleimon, Winslow United

DIVISION TWO (14 teams)

Aston Clinton,  Berkhamsted Raiders, Bovingdon, Buckingham United, Codicote, MK Gallacticos, Mursley United, 

New Bradwell St Peter, Old Bradwell United, Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Sarratt, The 61FC (Luton),  Totternhoe, Tring Corinthians 

21 teams in prem and 19 in division is so f*cking dumb it’s unbelievable. Just promote St Panteleimon. This league is an absolute $hit show nowadays. 

Winslow Boy - I didn't expect a reaction like that, the Constitution needs to be ratified at the SSML AGM, which I assume is still scheduled for Saturday 27 June, so there may be some changes, if St Panteleimon are promoted though as you suggest how do you think New Salamis will react.

Doesn’t really matter. At Panteleimon were top. New Salamis I think are the better side. No promotion for top four is a tough pill to swallow but uneven numbers in the division is stupid and if it stays that way when they can easily promote a side the league will be the joke it has slowly been becoming. 

1 hour ago, petethegreek said:

How can you promote St Panteleimon based on their position when play was stopped if the Competition has been voided?

You have given yourself away there haven't you with your strong allegiance to New Salamis

13 hours ago, petethegreek said:

How can you promote St Panteleimon based on their position when play was stopped if the Competition has been voided?

Easily, just move them in to the prem. it’s not rocket science. Why have to uneven leagues. If people want more reason, they were best team on merit ppg over the course of the season which had the majority of it already played out. If they feel it’s to harsh to relegate one team, which it isn’t just have a prem with 22 and a doc one with 18 and then do whatever needs doing promotion and relegation the following season two end up with 20 and 20. 

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

You have given yourself away there haven't you with your strong allegiance to New Salamis

How have you reached that conclusion from my post?

Edited by petethegreek

18 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Easily, just move them in to the prem. it’s not rocket science. Why have to uneven leagues. If people want more reason, they were best team on merit ppg over the course of the season which had the majority of it already played out. If they feel it’s to harsh to relegate one team, which it isn’t just have a prem with 22 and a doc one with 18 and then do whatever needs doing promotion and relegation the following season two end up with 20 and 20. 

If you base their position at the time of the Competition being halted or using PPG then yes I agree with you that St Panteleimon should be promoted.

Unfortunately, the Competition has been voided and based on that decision they cannot be 'promoted'.

I would have used PPG to decided positions as we were so deep into the season but then you would have had Teams in the relegation positions arguing that they could have gained sufficient points on the pitch to save themselves from the drop.

Whatever option you use someone will be unhappy. 

20 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

How have you reached that conclusion from my post?

Your post stated 'how can you promote St Panteleimon based on their position when play was stopped if the Competition has been voided?', if it had been New Salamis in that position, and Winslow Boy had suggested the same thing, would you have asked the question then

18 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Your post stated 'how can you promote St Panteleimon based on their position when play was stopped if the Competition has been voided?', if it had been New Salamis in that position, and Winslow Boy had suggested the same thing, would you have asked the question then

If New Salamis had been top then I would have answered the same way.

You have this fixation that I am involved with New Salamis when I am clearly not. 

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - I didn't expect a reaction like that, the Constitution needs to be ratified at the SSML AGM, which I assume is still scheduled for Saturday 27 June, so there may be some changes, if St Panteleimon are promoted though as you suggest how do you think New Salamis will react.

It's good to see that sort reaction (passion) on this forum we don't have enough of it on here these days in my opinion.

The Winslow Roar ?

3 hours ago, petethegreek said:

If you base their position at the time of the Competition being halted or using PPG then yes I agree with you that St Panteleimon should be promoted.

Unfortunately, the Competition has been voided and based on that decision they cannot be 'promoted'.

I would have used PPG to decided positions as we were so deep into the season but then you would have had Teams in the relegation positions arguing that they could have gained sufficient points on the pitch to save themselves from the drop.

Whatever option you use someone will be unhappy. 

There will always be someone unhappy. The season should never have been voided and if they can do that then they can certainly move teams up and down if need be to male leagues even. Teams have been promoted and relegated for ground grading in the past. I see no reason why St Panteleimon shouldn’t be moved up and deal with any moaning, of which I believe there would be very little, after. In some ways whenever we start again we will be starting afresh so they almost have licence to do whatever they want or need, once the ball is back in play everyone would just accept it and get on with playing. If the SSML proceed with uneven numbers in the divisions the guys in charge should commit seppukku. I’d wager money we will lose teams between now and then. Here’s a hypothetical, let’s say a number of prem (and div 1) teams fold or ask for demotion because of the fall out from COVID, don’t we think they would be looking to fill those spaces with teams that have suitable grounds and status? So there exists no good reason not to at least promote at Panteleimon and have even numbers. Who in all honesty could be kicking off at that??

55 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

There will always be someone unhappy. The season should never have been voided and if they can do that then they can certainly move teams up and down if need be to male leagues even. Teams have been promoted and relegated for ground grading in the past. I see no reason why St Panteleimon shouldn’t be moved up and deal with any moaning, of which I believe there would be very little, after. In some ways whenever we start again we will be starting afresh so they almost have licence to do whatever they want or need, once the ball is back in play everyone would just accept it and get on with playing. If the SSML proceed with uneven numbers in the divisions the guys in charge should commit seppukku. I’d wager money we will lose teams between now and then. Here’s a hypothetical, let’s say a number of prem (and div 1) teams fold or ask for demotion because of the fall out from COVID, don’t we think they would be looking to fill those spaces with teams that have suitable grounds and status? So there exists no good reason not to at least promote at Panteleimon and have even numbers. Who in all honesty could be kicking off at that??

I have already given my views on voiding the season.

I had options on my Grassroots league to void or use PPG. The finishing positions were decided on PPG and this allowed us promotion and relegation. We came to this conclusion as we were so far into the season. The SSMFL and other Competitions in the Pyramid did not have this choice as the FA voted to void the season. The only games from this season that can be played are the Cup matches of the SSMFL.

For every St Panteleimon who may feel hard done by you will find a team deep in the relegation mire who are happy to void the Competition.

To have even numbers in the Divisions you will need someone from the Premier Division to request demotion or new Clubs being accepted into the Competition.

You are correct in that Clubs will fold. I believe at least 3 in the Pyramid have already done so and more will follow. This is purely due to the financial impact the Covid-19 has had on football. Others have requested demotion so as to save money.

20 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

I have already given my views on voiding the season.

I had options on my Grassroots league to void or use PPG. The finishing positions were decided on PPG and this allowed us promotion and relegation. We came to this conclusion as we were so far into the season. The SSMFL and other Competitions in the Pyramid did not have this choice as the FA voted to void the season. The only games from this season that can be played are the Cup matches of the SSMFL.

For every St Panteleimon who may feel hard done by you will find a team deep in the relegation mire who are happy to void the Competition.

To have even numbers in the Divisions you will need someone from the Premier Division to request demotion or new Clubs being accepted into the Competition.

You are correct in that Clubs will fold. I believe at least 3 in the Pyramid have already done so and more will follow. This is purely due to the financial impact the Covid-19 has had on football. Others have requested demotion so as to save money.

As it stands by default they are rewarding failure and punishing success which is totally against the spirit of the game. It’s simple, somebody needs to be brave and say that they are doing it and everyone has to accept it, and they would pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

As it stands by default they are rewarding failure and punishing success which is totally against the spirit of the game. It’s simple, somebody needs to be brave and say that they are doing it and everyone has to accept it, and they would pretty quickly. 

Agreed.

On 14/05/2020 at 18:47, petethegreek said:

Agreed.

This issue is the football pyramid - I don’t think the SSML wont be able to promote one team from step 6 to 5 without permission from the FA. If the FA said yes then other step 6 sides would also want promotion in different leagues. 

This will probably mean some lopsided leagues next season before being rebalanced in 21/22 as part of the larger restructure.

Th fa need to actually give football at this level some thought and consideration, I know that would be a first but they have time to do so right now and if they don’t want to/can’t be bothered then they should give power to the individual leagues to make some sensible decisions. 

The FA decides the constitutions up to Step 5 (premier division). They were due to take over step 6 (division one) now, but presume they will leave that until the pyramid re-organisation is decided, whether that be at the end of 20/21 or 21/22.

Whether they will have enough clubs to constitute over if 2020/21 is abandoned is another thread in itself.

• 4 weeks later...

So is this the finalised Constitution for the 2020/21 campaign, to be ratified at the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 27 June, or will Milton Keynes Irish be placed in Division Two:

PREMIER DIVISION (21 teams)

Arlesey Town, Aylesbury Vale Dynamos, Baldock Town, Biggleswade United, Broadfields United, Colney Heath, Crawley Green, Dunstable Town, Edgware Town, Eynesbury Rovers, Harefield United, Harpenden Town, Leighton Town, Leverstock Green, London Colney, Newport Pagnell Town, North Greenford United, Oxhey Jets,  Potton United, Tring Athletic, Wembley

DIVISION ONE (19 teams)

Amersham Town,  Ampthill Town, Bedford, Brimsdown, Buckingham Athletic, Enfield Borough, FC Broxbourne Borough, Hillingdon Borough, Langford, London Lions,  London Tigers,  Milton Keynes Irish, FC New Salamis,  Park View,  Rayners Lane, Shefford Town & Campton, Stotfold, St Panteleimon, Winslow United

DIVISION TWO (14 teams)

Aston Clinton,  Berkhamsted Raiders, Bovingdon, Buckingham United, Codicote, MK Gallacticos, Mursley United, New Bradwell St Peter, Old Bradwell United, Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Sarratt, The 61FC (Luton),  Totternhoe, Tring Corinthians

Edited by Rhodes