Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Constitution - 2020/2021

I had heard Park View may not be continuing. 

I’ll qualify that by saying this time of year the rumour mill is always in full swing. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

I had heard Park View may not be continuing

I’ll qualify that by saying this time of year the rumour mill is always in full swing. 

Where did you hear that about Park View out of interest, maybe it's Winslow United as it could be any Division One Club in the current financial climate, Karen has certainly got us guessing now

30 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Where did you hear that about Park View out of interest, maybe it's Winslow United as it could be any Division One Club in the current financial climate, Karen has certainly got us guessing now

I might have heard of it was Winslow, but maybe not. 

re Parkview just one of many things on the grapevine. Others saying it will definitely be one of the London clubs. 

4 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Expect changes to Division One, one club has resigned due to Corona Virus but they have still to make this information public so with respect I will not be naming them

That's the sort of post that makes forums great ? but gutted for the club of course ?

4 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Expect changes to Division One, one club has resigned due to Corona Virus but they have still to make this information public so with respect I will not be naming them

I hope it isn't Hillingdon Borough FC I'm sure it isn't ?

41 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I might have heard of it was Winslow, but maybe not. 

re Parkview just one of many things on the grapevine. Others saying it will definitely be one of the London clubs. 

Yeah Parkview FC maybe.....

You have contacts Winslow Boy? ?

Not so much any more SB. 

You never thought about getting into coaching? or something?

3 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

You never thought about getting into coaching? or something?

No patience mate, lads these days are on the whole too soft to deal with. I do and have done some scouting which I enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

No patience mate, lads these days are on the whole too soft to deal with. I do and have done some scouting which I enjoy. 

Looking at certain players? Or going to a games and picking out good players?

I've done bits and bobs of that every now and then.

I want to hear you are back playing next season WB ?

7 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Looking at certain players? Or going to a games and picking out good players?

I've done bits and bobs of that every now and then.

I want to hear you are back playing next season WB ?

Last time I was doing it it was finding players who fit the criteria the manager wanted, narrowed it down to a shortlist from recommendations to not waste time then go from there. Trying to find lads who have ambition of turning pro but playing non league, couple of clubs in Ireland with good track record of getting players back in full time here and Scotland. Think I’ll be playing vets, and if I fancy myself after a few weeks I might have a look at couple of the sides who I have spoken to here, but I’m too old and I hate running so....?

1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

Last time I was doing it it was finding players who fit the criteria the manager wanted, narrowed it down to a shortlist from recommendations to not waste time then go from there. Trying to find lads who have ambition of turning pro but playing non league, couple of clubs in Ireland with good track record of getting players back in full time here and Scotland. Think I’ll be playing vets, and if I fancy myself after a few weeks I might have a look at couple of the sides who I have spoken to here, but I’m too old and I hate running so....?

I think it's impossible not to enjoy scouting.

Play Sweeper mate ?

On 17/06/2020 at 14:39, Karen Browne said:

Any news?

The suspense is killing me ?

Savagebee - Yes, Karen has certainly got us all in suspenders hasn't she, she throws, sorry, chucks us a bait or some scraps and lets us all fight tooth and nail over them but, as you said before that is what Forums such as this are all about and give me that any day over Twitter. It would be a crying shame wouldn't it if the Club concerned are Park View as they have worked hard since their formation in 1991 as a Sunday League side and done a lot of really good work in the local Ghanan Community and elsewhere. In 2003 they became affiliated to the Middlesex County FA and joined the Ghana Football Society (GFS) League, in 2007/08 the Club joined Division One Central & East of the Middlesex County League winning the Division at the first attempt but then inexplicably left for Division One of the London Commercial League, they then moved to the Intermediate Division One North of the Amateur Football Combination for 2015/16, again winning the Division at the first attempt and, following promotion, won the Senior Division Two North in 2016/17. It was then the Club joined Division Two of the SSML for the 2017/18 campaign and, surprise surprise, won that, as well as the Division Two Cup, by fourteen points and going unbeaten over 32 games, to earn promotion to Division One where they remain, their track record suggests that they are the Club Karen is talking about as they do not stay in League's for a long period of time, for five minutes infact, and they may also be finding Step 6 level a bit too difficult as the Club like to win trophies:

PARK VIEW FC.png

Edited by Rhodes

So it’s Broxbourne, didn’t expect that. Sad news, sure they will continue elsewhere though. 

I knew you had contacts WB ?? 

This was posted on there twitter page a few weeks back ⬇️ ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/fcbroxboro_off/status/1262074252292956162

Karen misled us didn't she making us think that it was Park View, I did suspect that everything in the Goffs Lane garden was not rosy last month when I read this and it is such a shame that the SSML are losing FC Broxbourne Borough: 

What on earth was this all about a month or so ago and why did FC Broxbourne Borough feel it necessary to issue a formal Club Statement, I wonder where the vicious rumour originated from and why:

CLUB STATEMENT
We have been informed of rumours going around that the club is being Sold.... the club is NOT for sale and never has been and will never be!! Also there is rumours of numerous senior teams for the next season this is also NOT true!!

52 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Karen misled us didn't she making us think that it was Park View

How did I mislead you, I never said which club. Park View was never mentioned by me. I knew it was Broxbourne but I was unable to contact the club to see if I could release this info