Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Recommended Posts

Over 150 photographs, match report and programme from North Greenford United v Hellenic League Division One East Chalvey Sports, at Berkeley Fields earlier this season, on Saturday 19 September 2020 in a 2020/21 FA Vase First Qualifying Round tie, North Greenford United won 5-1 with goals from Charlie Mitchell, Joe Mills and a hat trick from Georgie Brown:

Match Report: North Greenford United FC 5 - 1 Chalvey Sports : 1st Team (pitchero.com)

911ChalveySports.indd

2020 FA Vase North Greenford United v Chalvey Sports

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Photographs from Godalming Town v North Greenford United in a 2017/18 Combined Counties League Premier Division fixture on Saturday 23 December 2017, Goldalming Town won 2-1 with Brian Testolin nettin

A good post 👍 I've heard bad things about St Albans City in recent years but I always enjoyed visiting there ground but i haven't been there for over 10 years now. You wouldn't happen to know the

The usual poor comment from Rhodes which is why I did not reply.

Posted Images

Photographs from Godalming Town v North Greenford United in a 2017/18 Combined Counties League Premier Division fixture on Saturday 23 December 2017, Goldalming Town won 2-1 with Brian Testolin netting for North Greenford United who transferred across to the SSML Premier Division at the end of that campaign:

North Greenford (H)

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Photographs from Godalming Town v North Greenford United in a 2017/18 Combined Counties League Premier Division fixture on Saturday 23 December 2017, Goldalming Town won 2-1 with Brian Testolin netting for North Greenford United who transferred across to the SSML Premier Division at the end of that campaign:

North Greenford (H)

My hometown club, the Gees

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Photographs from Godalming Town v North Greenford United in a 2017/18 Combined Counties League Premier Division fixture on Saturday 23 December 2017, Goldalming Town won 2-1 with Brian Testolin netting for North Greenford United who transferred across to the SSML Premier Division at the end of that campaign:

A few pics of James Simmonds there playing for North Greenford United he is now the Chelsea U18s coach. Still only 33 (I think) and he still plays for Richmond & Kew FC in the Surrey South Eastern Combination League alongside his brothers Elliot and Bradley.

James Simmonds is top player on his day.

big_6054_2Fcatalog_image_2F663689_2FA5tt

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 21:48, View from the Boundary said:

My hometown club, the Gees

View From The Boundary - Really, so you're a leafy Surrey man then, what is it like when Guildford City come calling like in these photos, is it like Boca Juniors v River Plate. How did you become involved with Oxhey Jets out of interest:

Godalming Town (A) 26/08/2013 | Flickr

Godalming Town (A) Mon 28 Aug 2017 | Flickr

Godalming Town (A) 26/12/2012 | Flickr

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, a 'leafy Surrey man', from a council house, surrounded by rich kids so you really knew you were poor. Hope that addresses your patronising preconceptions. I moved away to go to university and never went back, and have lived in 10 counties but mainly Herts in the last 20 years. I currently live in Soxhey and have followed Jets since the great escape season where the drop was avoided at Stotfold's expense, having previously followed St Albans City for 5 years but became disillusioned by many things such as money grabbing owners, obvious match fixing I witnessed (3 players sacked but swept under the carpet), atrocious facilities, revolving door recruitment but mostly because the owners rig it so they start like a train then come down with the Christmas decs, there is no desire to progress. They are top now, I bet they won't even make the playoffs, that's Levi all over.

Before watching the Saints I had been an avid Aldershot fan since the 70s, but where do I start with them. Going bust twice was enough for me, they are doomed, and the town is a cesspit of a place, always was but far worse these days. At least I saw them rise back through the leagues to the FL, after that the wheels soon came off.

Loving the Jets, they do such good work in the community and deserve every success. They are a joy to watch too this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

Yes, a 'leafy Surrey man', from a council house, surrounded by rich kids so you really knew you were poor. Hope that addresses your patronising preconceptions. I moved away to go to university and never went back, and have lived in 10 counties but mainly Herts in the last 20 years. I currently live in Soxhey and have followed Jets since the great escape season where the drop was avoided at Stotfold's expense, having previously followed St Albans City for 5 years but became disillusioned by many things such as money grabbing owners, obvious match fixing I witnessed (3 players sacked but swept under the carpet), atrocious facilities, revolving door recruitment but mostly because the owners rig it so they start like a train then come down with the Christmas decs, there is no desire to progress. They are top now, I bet they won't even make the playoffs, that's Levi all over.

Before watching the Saints I had been an avid Aldershot fan since the 70s, but where do I start with them. Going bust twice was enough for me, they are doomed, and the town is a cesspit of a place, always was but far worse these days. At least I saw them rise back through the leagues to the FL, after that the wheels soon came off.

Loving the Jets, they do such good work in the community and deserve every success. They are a joy to watch too this season.

A good post 👍 I've heard bad things about St Albans City in recent years but I always enjoyed visiting there ground but i haven't been there for over 10 years now.

You wouldn't happen to know the whereabouts of the ex Oxhey Jets midfielder Sim Armstrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, View from the Boundary said:

Bringing us back on topic, Sim played in the epic 3-3 draw between Jets and NGU earlier this month

Wow so he is back at the club then 👍 A good few of the club's best players from the last 10 years seem to returning to the club so no wonder they are 2nd in the league and a joy to watch at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

Hope that addresses your patronising preconceptions

I have to say that's disappointing, where on earth was I being patronising. At least you had some good years following Aldershot, were you at the FA Cup Fourth Round Replay with Carlisle at the Recreation Ground in 1969/1970 and at Anfield the following season in the Third Round, only losing 1-0.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first was the Rec's highest gate, 19,138, and was before I was born. The second I had the programme for, but was a baby then. Also played Man Utd around this time in the League Cup with the holy trinity on display, losing 1-3. Have never played any of the big London clubs competitively. 

Rhodes you are always making sly digs at people, eg that very untoward remark to Pete the Greek on Christmas Eve, you know and I know you were implying I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and that's a red rag to this particular bull which is why I called you out on it. Here endeth the lesson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, View from the Boundary said:

The first was the Rec's highest gate, 19,138, and was before I was born. The second I had the programme for, but was a baby then. Also played Man Utd around this time in the League Cup with the holy trinity on display, losing 1-3. Have never played any of the big London clubs competitively. 

Rhodes you are always making sly digs at people, eg that very untoward remark to Pete the Greek on Christmas Eve, you know and I know you were implying I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and that's a red rag to this particular bull which is why I called you out on it. Here endeth the lesson.

The usual poor comment from Rhodes which is why I did not reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

The usual poor comment from Rhodes which is why I did not reply.

Apologies if you felt my comment was offensive as that certainly wasn't the intention, what did you do for Christmas out of interest

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

North Greenford United Assistant Manager Gary Brown is in hospital with a Covid related illness, I'm sure everyone will want to wish Gary well for a quick recovery, I gather his condition is improving:

Gary Brown

Link to post
Share on other sites

Photographs, and match report, from North Greenford United v FC Clacton, at Berkeley Fields on Tuesday 1 October 2013, in a 2013/14 FA Cup Second Qualifying Round Replay resulting in a 3-1 win for North Greenford United after a 1-1 draw in Essex. Daniel Vincent, Omar Vassell and Liam Hind scored the goals on the night to take their side through to the Third Qualifying Round where they lost 2-1 at Canvey Island to a stoppage time penalty sadly denying the Club a well deserved replay, it remains the furthest they have reached in the competition: 

Match Report: 1st Team 3 - 1 FC Clacton : 1st Team (pitchero.com)

North Greenford Utd 3 FC Clacton 1 FA Cup Second Qualifying Round Replay

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

YouTube coverage, and match report, of FC Clacton v North Greenford United in 2013/14 FA Cup Second Qualifying Round tie, in Essex on Saturday 28 October 2013, resulting in a 1-1 stalemate with Daryl Brown scoring a late equaliser after FC Clacton had taken the lead just before the interval:

Match Report: FC Clacton 1 - 1 1st Team : 1st Team (pitchero.com)

 

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 100 photographs, courtesy of photographer Colin Evans, and match report from Uxbridge v North Greenford United in a 2011/12 Evo-Stik Southern League Division One Central fixture, at Honeycroft on Saturday 20 August 2011, North Greenford United won 3-1:

Match Report: Uxbridge 1 - 3 1st Team : 1st Team (pitchero.com)

v North_Greenford_Utd (11-12) 3

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 100 photographs, courtesy of photographer Colin Evans, from Enfield Town v North Greenford United in the 2009/10 Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Final, played at The Beveree on Monday 3 May 2010. North Greenford United won 1-0 with goalkeeper Gary Jallow largely resposible for the win against their higher level Ryman League Division One North opponents although the Club were also Champions of the Combined Counties League Premier Division that season under the great Steve Ringrose: 

The Cold End: THE COLD END FLASHBACK - THE 2010 MIDDLESEX FA CHARITY CUP FINAL

MCFA 101st Senior Charity Cup Final

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Over 100 photographs, courtesy of photographer Colin Evans, from Enfield Town v North Greenford United in the 2009/10 Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Final, played at The Beveree on Monday 3 May 2010. North Greenford United won 1-0 with goalkeeper Gary Jallow largely resposible for the win against their higher level Ryman League Division One North opponents although the Club were also Champions of the Combined Counties League Premier Division that season under the great Steve Ringrose: 

The Cold End: THE COLD END FLASHBACK - THE 2010 MIDDLESEX FA CHARITY CUP FINAL

MCFA 101st Senior Charity Cup Final

Some North West London Non League Legends there 👍 Ricky Pither, Luke Kenny and Gary Senior stand out.

I bumped into Luke Kenny last year in Richmond and he now plays for Petersham Pumas FC in the Kingston & District Football League. They are top of there league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 100 photographs, courtesy of photographer Colin Evans, and match report from a 2010/11 Zamaretto Southern League Division One Central fixture between Uxbridge and North Greenford United, at Honeycroft on Tuesday 17 August 2010, Uxbridge won 3-1 with Garry Senior netting for the visitors:

Match Report: Uxbridge 3 - 1 1st Team : 1st Team (pitchero.com)

v North Greenford United

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Photographs, and match report, from Tuffley Rovers v North Greenford United in a 2019/20 FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie, at Hellenic League Premier Division Tuffley Rovers small Glevum Park ground on Saturday 10 August 2019, resulting in a 1-1 stalemate. Sam Olanipekun gave the visitors the lead on 19 minutes however the hosts equalised on 72 minutes despite having a player dismissed shortly before and the tie was taken back to Berkeley Fields the following Tuesday evening where North Greenford United won 2-1 with both goals from Dan Clifton:

Match Report: Tuffley Rovers 1 - 1 North Greenford United FC : 1st Team (pitchero.com)

Tuffley Rovers v North Greenford Utd

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
Over 100 photographs from the 2019/20 SSML Premier Division fixture between North Greenford United and Arlesey Town, at Berkeley Fields on Saturday 21 September 2019, resulting in a 1-1 stalemate, substitute Marciano Dramani-Adu equalised for the hosts with three minutes of normal time remaining:
Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

North Greenford United Chairman John Bivens pictured earlier this week following his Covid jab:

https://scontent.fzgh1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p350x350/142976842_1641076929413672_8552975318152863069_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=7m2nTRLEaEcAX8M1tTy&_nc_ht=scontent.fzgh1-1.fna&tp=6&oh=249ba0eccbebf41afd985766fdca63df&oe=60379DB9

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...