Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Recommended Posts

PetetheGreek - These were the disgraceful scenes at the FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round tie on Saturday between Bristol Manor Farm and Paulton Rovers, how would you have dealt with the situation, it appears that the three Officials are just meekly standing off:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another top quality offside decision at the weekend. Fortunately it didn't cost us. Would have gone 3-1 up with 10 to play rather than having had to squeeze through on penalties after conceding in the

Who is this Official you speak of?

It reminded me a bit of Martin Peters ghosting in at the far post or an Alan Gilzean flicked header

Posted Images

On 11/10/2021 at 13:44, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - These were the disgraceful scenes at the FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round tie on Saturday between Bristol Manor Farm and Paulton Rovers, how would you have dealt with the situation, it appears that the three Officials are just meekly standing off:

 

I doubt if I would have done anything differently. 

Just stand there and make mental notes of the actions and comments of the Club Official then report to the relevant authorities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2021 at 16:45, petethegreek said:

I doubt if I would have done anything differently

I always remember you keeping your head well below the parapet when things 'kicked off' during a game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the five Hertfordshire FA affiliated match Officials who have progressed from Level 5 to Level 4 as part of the mid-season promotion process:

Thomas Frost, Benjamin Jerrams, Kyfer Mayhew, Christopher Poole and Rikki Woolford

Billede

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the five Berks & Bucks FA affiliated match Officials who have progressed from Level 5 to Level 4 as part of the mid-season promotion process:

Andrew Halladay, Jake Hillier, Dylan Ing, Tom Lathey and Steve Williams

Referee Promotions Confirmed - Berks & Bucks FA (berks-bucksfa.com)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the game between Plymouth Argyle and Bolton Wanderers should have been abandoned last Tuesday:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to learn that last season the Hertfordshire FA had to deal with 32 matches being abandoned for one reason or another and mostly due to the conduct of one or both of the teams, here is their guidance for abandonments which is presumably the same right across the board:

https://www.hertfordshirefa.com/news/2021/sep/13/match-abandonments

Billede

Link to post
Share on other sites
Leyton Orient
 
@leytonorientfc
· 5h
41' Ermmmmm...... The referee has bought the teams back out after half-time and now opted to play the four minutes of additional time he ignored. And then the teams will switch ends. Yeah, us neither Man shrugging
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/10/2021 at 21:42, Karen Browne said:
Leyton Orient
 
@leytonorientfc
· 5h
41' Ermmmmm...... The referee has bought the teams back out after half-time and now opted to play the four minutes of additional time he ignored. And then the teams will switch ends. Yeah, us neither Man shrugging

He could be rewarded with a 'holiday'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

One for PetetheGreek, I see the match Officials had their dressing room ransacked at the West Essex v White Ensign Essex Senior League fixture yesterday at Wadham Lodge and all three had their mobile phones stolen, I was wondering whether anything like that has ever happened to him over the years:

The game has been abandoned at half time by the officials due to the discovery that some of their personal belongings including all 3 of their phones had been stolen out of their changing room.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So nice to hear the interview with SSML Referee Sophie Dennington on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non Show yesterday afternoon who is on her first season at Step 6 level, she was on the Long Crendon v Shefford Town & Campton Division One fixture on Saturday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

One for PetetheGreek, I see the match Officials had their dressing room ransacked at the West Essex v White Ensign Essex Senior League fixture yesterday at Wadham Lodge and all three had their mobile phones stolen, I was wondering whether anything like that has ever happened to him over the years:

The game has been abandoned at half time by the officials due to the discovery that some of their personal belongings including all 3 of their phones had been stolen out of their changing room.

Not happened to me but I know of similar incidents over the years.

I was over at Wadham Lodge recently for an FA Women's Cup match so I will be weary next time I visit the venue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PetetheGreek - I assume, being old school, you just have an old Nokia phone don't you so it would be no great loss if it was stolen. I thought It was a bit extreme to abandon the West Essex v White Ensign match on Saturday, I remember in 2007/08 at the Copthall Stadium Kentish Town players had their dressing room ransacked during a game against Langford and it was discovered at half time, despite having all their phones and i-pods stolen they carried on regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - I assume, being old school, you just have an old Nokia phone don't you so it would be no great loss if it was stolen. I thought It was a bit extreme to abandon the West Essex v White Ensign match on Saturday, I remember in 2007/08 at the Copthall Stadium Kentish Town players had their dressing room ransacked during a game against Langford and it was discovered at half time, despite having all their phones and i-pods stolen they carried on regardless.

Used to have a Nokia. Samsung now.

Not extreme to abandon the game. Police need to be called. Cards need to be cancelled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be happening on a regular basis, there was a game today between South Liverpool and Steeton in the North West Counties League Division One North where the Steeton dressing room was ransacked during the pre-match warm uand the game was then called off:

Billede

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2021 at 18:05, petethegreek said:

Not extreme to abandon the game. Police need to be called. Cards need to be cancelled. 

Yes, I guess you are right, I see there is a thread on the postonement of the West Essex v White Ensign game at Wadham Lodge on another Forum entitIed 'We were robbed' with some interesting comments:

We were robbed! | NonLeagueMatters Forums

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...