Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Managers

10 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

He’s going to want some serious dough. Last time he was there they were spending £1600 a week. Either they have plenty of money or this is a last desperate roll of the dice. 

Considering the snipes from some of their fans about reserve players when some moved to Winslow, funny that they seem a lot weaker this season. 

We beat them pre season, so not surprised they’ve struggled.

Bateman will steady the ship I suspect and may add a couple. But his trusted players that followed him around are long gone and the recent clubs he was at are higher so don’t expect many to move from there.

Edited by Munchkin

10 hours ago, Munchkin said:

Considering the snipes from some of their fans about reserve players when some moved to Winslow, funny that they seem a lot weaker this season. 

We beat them pre season, so not surprised they’ve struggled.

Bateman will steady the ship I suspect and may add a couple. But his trusted players that followed him around are long gone and the recent clubs he was at are higher so don’t expect many to move from there.

They couldn’t make their minds up about those players. One minute ‘oh they are just subs’ next minute ‘they nicked our best players’. I hear that they believe they can have a substantial budget because of the money the youth generates. You’re right on the players that bateman can get but if they throw enough money the players will come. Seems a bit pointless to me since the support base just isn’t there. It’s a club with no identity really, too many name changes and no real history. They really should’ve gone in with Aylesbury United and with the resources and people at both clubs they could probably have a well supported team in town playing several levels higher. 

his presence seemed to have an effect yesterday though, same team but vastly different performance and result. 

An update in the light of recent changes (highlighted), no doubt Karen will correct me if I am wrong. I wasn't aware Craig Bicknell had left Crawley Green and is the London Tigers job still vacant:

SSML Premier Division Managers
Ardley United - Julian McCalmon
Arlesey Town - Chico Ramos
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos - Steve Bateman
Baldock Town - Rob Bates 
Broadfields United - Liam Bird
Crawley Green - Craig Meyrick & Aaron Morgan
Dunstable Town - Vacant
Flackwell Heath - Marcus Richardson
Hadley - Anthony Clark
Harefield United - Jason Shaw
Harpenden Town - Mickey Nathan
Holmer Green - Matt Stowell
Leighton Town - Joe Sweeney
Leverstock Green - Fergus Moore
London Colney - Jack Metcalfe
Milton Keynes Irish - Terry Shrieves
New Salamis - Richard Georgiou
Oxhey Jets - Kevin Christou
Risborough Rangers - Mark Eaton
Tring Athletic - Ryan Sturges 

SSML Division One Managers
Amersham Town - James Hall  
Ampthill Town - Lee Hawkes
Bedford - Gavin Hoyte & Ollie Thorne
Buckingham Athletic - Scott Reynolds 
Burton Park Wanderers - James Logan
Irchester United - Matt Freeman
Kidlington Reserves - Waheed Ramzan
Langford - Robert Russell
Letchworth Garden City Eagles - Martin Wells
London Tigers - Vacant
Long Crendon - Ryan Davis
Northampton Sileby Rangers - James Waymann & Fazel Koriya 
Penn & Tylers Green - Michael Herbert
Raunds Town - James Le Masurier & John Shanks
Rushden & Higham United - Tyler Merries
Shefford Town & Campton - Kane Dougherty 
Stotfold - Brett Donnelly
Thame United Reserves - Dave Lynch
Wellingborough Whitworth - James Mallows
Winslow United - James Green & Jordan King

SSML Division Two Managers
Aston Clinton - Billy Harrison & Taylor Collins
Berkhamsted Comrades - Paul Toms
Berkhamsted Raiders - Steve McHugh
Bovingdon - Steven Hutchins
Buckingham United - John Walton
Codicote - Caolen South 
Eynesbury United - Mark Spavins
Milton Keynes College Football Academy - Nathan Flynn
New Bradwell St Peter - Jamie Green 
Old Bradwell United - David Keene
Pitstone & Ivinghoe - Danny Greany
Risborough Rangers Development - Mark Endean
Sarratt - Martin Loakes
The 61 FC (Luton) - Shane Scott & James Potter
Totternhoe - Chris Harvey
Tring Corinthians - Andy Hockley

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

SSML Division Two Managers

The 61 FC (Luton) - Vacant

Karen - Thanks, that is a surprise isn't it, Shane Scott & James Potter only joined the Club in mid July, Shane Scott came very well recommended from Stopsley United so why have they departed the Kingsway Recreation Ground so soon.

Dunstable Town

We’re delighted to welcome Joe Deeney as our new First Team Head Coach The former Luton Town player has had previous spells in management at both Oxford City and Hemel Hempstead and brings a wealth of knowledge to the club https://nt-of-joe-deeney-as-first-team-head-coach

Edited by Karen Browne

On 03/10/2021 at 19:57, Rhodes said:

SSML Division One Managers

Burton Park Wanderers - James Logan

I gather Burton Park Wanderers have appointed a new Player Manager, Kevin Buchanan, formerly with Raunds Town I believe:

Flackwell Heath have announced this morning they have parted company with Manager Marcus Richardson, which has come completely out of the blue tbh.

Edited by Rissy

Rissy - Yes, that's a shock, I didn't see that coming:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Rissy - Sorry to use the Barry Davies commentary from Maine Road back in the day but that's 'interesting, very interesting'. I wonder whether Chairman Terry Glynn already had Chris Ayres lined up for the job to appoint him the day after Marcus Richardson cleared his desk and walked out of the door at Wilks Park.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Rissy - Sorry to use the Barry Davies commentary from Maine Road back in the day but that's 'interesting, very interesting'. I wonder whether Chairman Terry Glynn already had Chris Ayres lined up for the job to appoint him the day after Marcus Richardson cleared his desk and walked out of the door at Wilks Park.

Rhodes - The whole situation seems very strange indeed, my understanding is Chris Ayres is/was Marlow FC’s u18s Manager and Managed them in the F.A Youth Cup only last night!.

The Mangerial merry-go-round is definitely in full swing at this moment in time.

Edited by Rissy

On 03/10/2021 at 18:57, Rhodes said:

I wasn't aware Craig Bicknell had left Crawley Green 

I noticed that there old guard group of players had left the club and that explains why ? 

Savagebee - You will recall that Craig used to post on this Forum however stopped in July 2012 due to the Club he was with at the time, Ampthill Town, receiving a fine from the League for comments he allegedly made on the Forum about another Club: 

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - You will recall that Craig used to post on this Forum however stopped in July 2012 due to the Club he was with at the time, Ampthill Town, receiving a fine from the League for comments he allegedly made on the Forum about another Club: 

Yes I do. It's always interesting when a manager or player posts on here ?

13 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Yes I do. It's always interesting when a manager or player posts on here ?

Like Joes you mean, it started off good but then he seemed to go cold didn't he and stopped posting, I think it was something to do with Connor Calcutt and the FA Cup Second Qualifying Round tie against Leiston last season. 

Edited by Rhodes

On 03/10/2021 at 19:57, Rhodes said:

SSML Premier Division Managers

Crawley Green - Craig Meyrick & Aaron Morgan

Craig Meyrick has sadly left Crawley Green: