Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keep the banter going

Joes - Thank you so much for another honest and genuine answer, you really seem to be like one big happy family at Bell Close and it's 'all for one, one for all'. Would you say that Danny Webb wasn't his usual self at Corinthian and seemed a bit off colour, do you think that was down to him playing ninety minutes against Aylesbury Vale Dynamos on the Tuesday night when you pulled him off just before the final whistle, he was on fire that night scoring a hat trick but wouldn't that performance have been better saved for the crucial FA Vase tie with nothing riding on the Aylesbury Vale league game. Also were you a bit miffed at being given fixtures on the Tuesday night before every FA Vase tie other than Bugbrooke St Michaels and Long Crendon, I know fixtures come thick and fast in the SSML however having to go to London Colney for example before a long trip to Bradford Town isn't ideal preparation for such an important game or do you see it differently. 

Edited by Rhodes

Karen does a good job with all the fixtures, so we take them as they come, always known that as a club if you do well in the cups, then you could be playing a 60 game season. So will always be a situation that clubs and managers have to prepare for in advance. 

Will you have much of a warchest Joe? I heard Penman sold a company for a pretty penny recently, but I’m sure everyone will be feeling the effects of the virus and there won’t be as much money at as many clubs certainly the first season back. 

FAO Joe have you even thought about pre season games yet? 

Over recent seasons I've noticed some clubs were getting most of there pre season games booked up before the season had even finished ? but as we know last season didn't end in the normal way ?

I've recently noticed a few clubs are now looking for pre season games ? ??

Savagebee - I wonder what PetetheGreek is going to do with himself this pre-season as he has been so meticulous in the past with the Pre-Season Friendly thread which he made his own and, for once, I have to praise him for, he left no stone unturned, I was actually already looking forward to that thread in March when the Coronavirus hit. I know that Leighton Town always put a lot of emphasis on pre-season games and this season was no exception with visits to Amersham Town, Aston Clinton, Pitstone & Ivinghoe and Dunstable Town as well as entertaining AFC Dunstable, Hertford Heath and MK Gallacticos at Bell Close:

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I wonder what PetetheGreek is going to do with himself this pre-season as he has been so meticulous in the past with the Pre-Season Friendly thread which he made his own and, for once, I have to praise him for, he left no stone unturned, 

Yep petethegreek did a good job with his pre season thread each summer.

Hi lads, I know that a lot of managers and clubs are gently discussing pre season friendlies with other managers and clubs, and agreeing in a game, trouble is, that without a start date, can't put dates on any games as of yet. 

Start date is critical to plans of training and friendlies for pre season, so nothing can be concrete until then. 

Think yesterday's news that steps 2 and 3 are looking to start in Sept is a positive for all of us, as in theory, our step will be easier to manage and less people in grounds than them, so can't see us being later than that personally. 

Hope so anyway 

Joes - How did you see events at Eynesbury Rovers in the FA Vase Fourth Round tie back in early January, not off the pitch but on it as it was a truly great comeback by the lads when 3-1 down after 75 minutes despite taking a five minute lead through the own goal. It's strange because we were talking about inspired substitutions before at Corinthian and you introduced Ashton Campbell and Ben Pattie for Archie McClelland and Tom Silford after 65 minutes just after going 3-1 down which totally turned the game around, Pattie and Campbell combined to pull a goal back and Campbell got the equaliser following another cross on a sixpence from Danny Webb. What were your thoughts out of interest when Pattie hit that Glenn Hoddle like pass for Campbell's hat trick making it 4-3 in stoppage time before it all kicked off in the crowd:

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2020/01/ashton-campbell-hat-trick-hero-for.html

18 hours ago, Savagebee said:

FAO Joe have you even thought about pre season games yet? 

Over recent seasons I've noticed some clubs were getting most of there pre season games booked up before the season had even finished ? but as we know last season didn't end in the normal way ?

I've recently noticed a few clubs are now looking for pre season games ? ??

3 hours ago, Joes said:

Hi lads, I know that a lot of managers and clubs are gently discussing pre season friendlies with other managers and clubs, and agreeing in a game, trouble is, that without a start date, can't put dates on any games as of yet. 

Start date is critical to plans of training and friendlies for pre season, so nothing can be concrete until then. 

Think yesterday's news that steps 2 and 3 are looking to start in Sept is a positive for all of us, as in theory, our step will be easier to manage and less people in grounds than them, so can't see us being later than that personally. 

Hope so anyway 

Yep fingers crossed ?

It's the 12th of June already ?

On 11/06/2020 at 20:12, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I wonder what PetetheGreek is going to do with himself this pre-season as he has been so meticulous in the past with the Pre-Season Friendly thread which he made his own and, for once, I have to praise him for, he left no stone unturned, I was actually already looking forward to that thread in March when the Coronavirus hit. I know that Leighton Town always put a lot of emphasis on pre-season games and this season was no exception with visits to Amersham Town, Aston Clinton, Pitstone & Ivinghoe and Dunstable Town as well as entertaining AFC Dunstable, Hertford Heath and MK Gallacticos at Bell Close:

I didn't do the thread last year as I was too busy with work.

I'll try and post PSF but I have no idea when any 11 v 11 football will take place this summer or even when the new season will start.

1 hour ago, petethegreek said:

I didn't do the thread last year as I was too busy with work.

I'll try and post PSF but I have no idea when any 11 v 11 football will take place this summer or even when the new season will start.

?

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2020 at 06:04, Joes said:

Hope so anyway 

Hi Joes - I hope you will continue to post during the coming campaign as you have been a breath of fresh air coming on here to talk so openly and honestly, I wish more Managers would do the same like back in the day, Craig Bicknell was always great value and Wisezola when he was with Tring Athletic and London Colney. You have some interesting looking pre-season games particularly the one with Aylesbury United on 25 August, it's just a shame they are all going to be behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

You have some interesting looking pre-season games particularly the one with Aylesbury United on 25 August, it's just a shame they are all going to be behind closed doors.

4bf1b96d79c630414fd8fa1534210288.gif

On 29/07/2020 at 12:47, Savagebee said:

4bf1b96d79c630414fd8fa1534210288.gif

I wondered what the noise was !!

• 1 month later...
On 01/06/2020 at 08:09, Joes said:

At the time, we were 3-2 up, we were well in top, and creating lots of chances, I made the call to kill the game off, as we we were so on top, there full back was tiring, and we wanted kieran to work on the inside of him, as there were spaces, whereas Ashton likes to go outside and round, where they would always have a covering player. And as always archie had given us everything he had for 70 mins, so we had to freshen it up. We actually had 3 excellent opportunities at 3-2, hit the post, keeper pulled off a great save etc etc. So like always, it could and should have seen us go on to win, however,  it didn't, and you go away and learn from these things. Was the change defining, maybe not, did we blow a massive opportunity as a group, without doubt. Always gonna be tough throwing in a keeper who was new to the group the club and the team for a 1 of game of such importance. 

Defo one that still keeps me up at night. 

Joes - You haven't posted in a while, it would be good to get your take on all the pre-season games, the comfortable FA Cup win over Abingdon United last week, Saturday's mouth watering Preliminary Round tie at Harefield United and the forthcoming League campaign starting at Baldock Town. Sorry to rub salt into your wounds but this is what you missed last Saturday although at least, thankfully, the Groundhopping FC guy didn't have to visit Bell Close:

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

thankfully, the Groundhopping FC guy didn't have to visit Bell Close:

You not a fan Rhodes?

I like his vids if I'm honest.

He vids have improved a lot if you compare them to his early vids.

12 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

You not a fan Rhodes?

I just find him a bit odd and annoying that's all, he says exactly the same wherever he goes such as 'hello there', 'see you in the ground', hopefully it will be a good game' and 'it's a nice ground to be fair'.

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

he says exactly the same wherever he goes such as 'hello there', 'see you in the ground', hopefully it will be a good game' and 'it's a nice ground to be fair'.

Ha Ha true ?

Watch some of his early vids they will really annoy you then ?

Edited by Savagebee

Hi all

Yep, I sadly watched the semi final on a live feed, Hebburn were dominant throughout, was a great game. 

Pre season has been more positive than negative, but never read to much into the results, as teams are trialling players and trying different things on the pitch. 

We have suffered a few bad Injurys, which is the last thing we all want, as players need to get off to a good start after working hard in pre season. 

Really looking forward to this season, so many good players in our league now many good managers and good clubs, should be a good one. 

I personally don't take too much from the results pre season, both from our point of view, and when I'm out scouting teams,  I have had great pre seasons and got of to a bad season start, and visa versa, so talking really starts once the competitive games get going. 

Hope all you are well, and looking forward to the season. 

Joe